Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

If you believe is rain that caused the trip.The only wiring that comes contact with rain water is Aircon compressor.maybe you can do a isolation test.

Will do...

I'm hoping it's a one-off thing -- maybe one of my appliances acting up.

Bah, an off-putting thing after just 2 weeks of staying here...

Stay previously for years no issues! Haha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Did your main power box any of the button jumped to off ? Think the electrician can narrow down from which button.

My previous place had the same problem happening randomly but often enough to get irritating. We tried to pinned down and it finally came to 2 item. One was a chandelier light and the other was one of the switch. After we replaced both it was fine

Did your main power box any of the button jumped to off ? Think the electrician can narrow down from which button.

My previous place had the same problem happening randomly but often enough to get irritating. We tried to pinned down and it finally came to 2 item. One was a chandelier light and the other was one of the switch. After we replaced both it was fine

Haha stupidly I forgot to take note of that twice!

If it trips again I will remember...

I actually alre labeled every switch and plug socket according to the box... So hopefully the next time it trips (or maybe it won't ever) I can identify it quickly. Sigh.

Anyone experienced in power tripping?

My house tripped twice today out of the blue.

Checked all the plugs in the house, we hardly change them so it's only today. Once at 9+am and once at 6+pm. I also have a habit of switching off the appliances when I don't use them (even my washing machine) so this is perplexing for me!

Could the rain have caused any issue? Or what other ways can I remedy this to prevent it from happening again?

Haha. I am a veteran of power trips, so hopefully I can share some information. However, I am not an expert in this area and my own power trip problem, which I documented in my blog, still remains unresolved. In fact, the power tripped again just now and I had dinner in near darkness.

It will be useful if you can isolate the problem. If the trip is due to a faulty appliance or overloaded power point, you can rectify the problem yourself. If the trip is due to a short circuit in one of the circuits or some other reason, you better call the electrician.

First, when the power trips, you go to the circuit breaker and switch off (pull down) the main and all the sub-switches (I don't know the exact term to use). You turn on (pull up) the main switch. Then one by one, you turn on the sub-switches. If the main switch trips when you turn on one of the sub-switches, then you know the problem lies with this particular circuit or the appliance connected to this circuit.

Next, you turn off and unplug all the appliances connected to the circuit controlled by this sub-switch. With the sub-switch on, you turn on the appliance and light one by one. If it trips, then you know something is wrong with the particular light or appliance. Repair or replace this item.

If the sub-switch trips even when no appliance is connected, then there is something wrong with the circuit. You need an electrician. If the trip happens only during rain, then it is likely due to water ingress somewhere, as what looprevil said. In my case, it trips when it rains. So, there is water ingress somewhere. Except I cannot figure out where.

It is also possible that the trip is due to overloading. This can be dangerous. Please take some time to read my contribution here.

Will try that KS, thanks very much.

But I am 100% sure it's not due to overloading. I don't ever overload my sockets. Especially since I moved to the new place...

Hi,

Can i have the kink for your dining table and the long bench?

Thanks[/quote

Hmm, my dining table is from FortyTwo.sg

My bench is upcycled from Hock Siong (it's a second hand piece which we DIYed).

HTH!

Hi,

Can i have the kink for your dining table and the long bench?

Thanks[/quote

Hmm, my dining table is from FortyTwo.sg

My bench is upcycled from Hock Siong (it's a second hand piece which we DIYed).

HTH!

Can't find it on fortytwo.sg.. :dunno:

hi, is your faux fire place also a storage unit or just purely decorative?

Purely decorative. The whole item is solid wood piece plus a LED lighted fire in the center.

SOME 'LIVED IN' PHOTOS -

Things are not super tidy as we've lived in it and made it a home. I will still be tidying up the master toilet but so far it is what the house has looked like most of the time. So there's dishes drying etc.

Areas not yet complete: Dining Area (pending my photography on walls) + office

The gold full length mirror also needs to be mounted on the wall... Hubby keeps procrastinating. :curse:

Kitchen

Ahhh, my love. I've been enjoying cooking! Steam stand and air fryer ftw, I don't even need a microwave anymore and I'm loving it! :sport-smiley-003:

IMG_5347_zpslm9jqwfe.jpg

IMG_5349_zpsy9yvqbpr.jpg

Hi Kara, curious where you got your dishrack from, is it from taobao? If it is, could you share a link? Thanks!