Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Kara

I can't emphasise how inspiring your home is to me because I've chosen a 3rm flat as well and wondering what on earth can I do with the small space.. And weird open kitchen concept layout I've got. Haha

Your little London flat looks really beautiful, and I love the details you've included. It's so bright and airy!

I'm really amazed You managed to do all this with a contractor. May I PM you for details on your contractor and also ask a bit about things to look out for? I'm trying to decide between finding an ID or contractor but like you, I don't intend to have other fittings other than the kitchen and toilet.

Once again, loving your English home! Have an awesome Chinese New Year! :)

Edited by kitkitkit

hey bykaraanne! I love what you've done with your place!

I have a few questions and hope you can help me out!

1. how much are the mirrored bedside tables from taylor b?

2. where did you get your white bedroom doors from and how much are they?

3. your contractor sounds really good! do you mind letting me have his contact? My friends are my IDs but we are still sourcing for contractors :)

thanks!

Hi Kara

I can't emphasise how inspiring your home is to me because I've chosen a 3rm flat as well and wondering what on earth can I do with the small space.. And weird open kitchen concept layout I've got. Haha

Your little London flat looks really beautiful, and I love the details you've included. It's so bright and airy!

I'm really amazed You managed to do all this with a contractor. May I PM you for details on your contractor and also ask a bit about things to look out for? I'm trying to decide between finding an ID or contractor but like you, I don't intend to have other fittings other than the kitchen and toilet.

Once again, loving your English home! Have an awesome Chinese New Year! :)

Thanks for the kind words! I actually envy the open kitchen space. You could do so much with it!

You are most definitely welcome to PM me about my contractor. I have dropped you a message.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Xxxx. Sending beaucoup de bisous! Arsenal is second now and just 2 points behind yayyy

I'm doing Duolingo in French everyday, too! Hehehe

Sending bisous back, and yes, tres bien pour Arsenal! That's the best I can do without using Google Translate. HAHAHA

hey bykaraanne! I love what you've done with your place!

I have a few questions and hope you can help me out!

1. how much are the mirrored bedside tables from taylor b?

2. where did you get your white bedroom doors from and how much are they?

3. your contractor sounds really good! do you mind letting me have his contact? My friends are my IDs but we are still sourcing for contractors :)

thanks!

Hey Chrissie! Thanks for the kind words.

1. eh, I can't remember for sure. Think $2xx each. On the lower end of $200.

2. They are from my contractor's contacts. I don't have his direct contacts. I did change the door knobs, though. They were $200 per door, semi-solid timber classic doors.

3. I will PM you! As with all contractors and IDs, some things good some things close eye la... :)

Loving the new RT forums! So much faster and more intuitive! 

Anyway, last portion of the house to be completed, my home office. I work from home so this is what I look at on most days. I still haven't finished with the shelves, but I suppose I'll never be done with them unless I travel. 

HOME OFFICE PHOTOS:

IMG_5505_zpsj0fb8wae.jpg

It's a teeny room so I had to work hard to get everything in + not have it too crowded. It's also made up of moving pieces so that this room can become a nursery / toddler room if needed, or guest room, or just remain a home office for the husband and me. 

The grey sofa is actually a sofa bed, which makes this into a spacious and functional guest room should someone come over. The side table you see in the pictures is the BEFORE of a DIY project which we never got around to yet. It will be marble top + gold legs. Haha!

The blue chair is a reading chair.

IMG_5510_zpsetphk1ib.jpg

Zooming into the area we have the shelves with spacious drawers for all my business folders / home bill folders + tech stuff, plus loads of space below for my law books, business books and printers. The top two shelves are for decor (since this is what my clients see on a call), but they're not quite there yet, I know.

I chose the wall decor because it was the cheapest but chirpiest option! Also, the Giroud jersey framed is signed by the player and has TO KARA on it. :wub: This is my most prized possession, followed by my team signed ball, which I've yet to pump. HAHA. 

IMG_5506_zpsg1i6dn5z.jpg

Another view

IMG_5509_zps7abmyfqy.jpg

On the other side there's my desk + whiteboard for everything. Love the acrylic stickers from TB, so cheap and really fits the room! And my copper wall clock. I brought in one of the poufs for my short legs... Hahaha

IMG_5511_zpspxx1gv3e.jpg

Closer desk view

IMG_5508_zpsffc43ueg.jpg

And with that our home is officially complete!! :)

UPDATES ON TAOBAO ITEMS AFTER 3 MONTHS:

After 3 months of living in and washing the house, our Taobao stuff have held up to the test.

Kitchen tap, Hansgrohe shower sets, Hansgrohe taps, and the "Hansgrohe" shower accessories (two towel racks, two toilet paper holders) have not rusted at all. They are also easy to clean. The shower sets are "green" as they promised, as we noticed our water bill is much lower compared to our friends with Grohe rainshowers (that are tiny) and we have a bathtub!

The carpets also are fine, except the long kitchen ones that are not suitable for pets! I've since bought new microfibre ones from Groupon.

Hope that helps!

Wow, we really do have similar tastes!  I love your tub and your cornices and your painted door and your bedroom and, and, and!

I also considered white tiles for skirting until my ID said it would cost extra, so I went the cheaper route with mdf.  But yours turned out gorgeous and will last forever so now I wonder if I should have just gone for it.

You've also got a lot of beautiful art and decor.  To me that sort of thing really makes a place feel "home-y", and yours is well done!  That and the cozy mantle -- definitely a home and not just a flat.

20 hours ago, Rynaed said:

Wow, we really do have similar tastes!  I love your tub and your cornices and your painted door and your bedroom and, and, and!

I also considered white tiles for skirting until my ID said it would cost extra, so I went the cheaper route with mdf.  But yours turned out gorgeous and will last forever so now I wonder if I should have just gone for it.

You've also got a lot of beautiful art and decor.  To me that sort of thing really makes a place feel "home-y", and yours is well done!  That and the cozy mantle -- definitely a home and not just a flat.

We do! Haha!
Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to see yours completed. 

On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM, bykaraanne said:

Taobao Purchases

Bidet Spray x 2

TB2siw3cVXXXXXMXXXXXXXXXXXX-2455217622.j

Hansgrohe Shower Set (with sink tap)

TB2DUvXdXXXXXXZXpXXXXXXXXXX-1065497361.j

Hansgrohe Tap (same as above, for the other toilet)

TB2PcxHfXXXXXXxXpXXXXXXXXXX-1081950379.j

Hansgrohe Rainshower Set

TB2Oz8ufXXXXXauXpXXXXXXXXXX-278702629.pn

Gold Kitchen Faucet (trying this one out)

T2zSiIXi4cXXXXXXXX_!!1657540924.jpg

Hi.. can share how the gold faucet work? Is it good?

THANKS!! 

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM, bykaraanne said:

Thanks for the kind words! I actually envy the open kitchen space. You could do so much with it!

You are most definitely welcome to PM me about my contractor. I have dropped you a message.

Happy Chinese New Year!

I'm doing Duolingo in French everyday, too! Hehehe

Sending bisous back, and yes, tres bien pour Arsenal! That's the best I can do without using Google Translate. HAHAHA

Hey Chrissie! Thanks for the kind words.

1. eh, I can't remember for sure. Think $2xx each. On the lower end of $200.

2. They are from my contractor's contacts. I don't have his direct contacts. I did change the door knobs, though. They were $200 per door, semi-solid timber classic doors.

3. I will PM you! As with all contractors and IDs, some things good some things close eye la... :)

Hi.. can share your contractors contact.. appreciate it alot!!! 

On Sunday, December 06, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Eggy7777777 said:

Bravo! Bravo!! Been waiting for ur pic eagerly, n it sure dint disappoint!

Ur place looks really cosy n bright, definitely doesn't look like a HDB.. In fact fr outside, ur door n gate alrd doesnt look like a HDB!

Love ur attention to details in ur decor.. Like using transparent remote control holders & tissue holder, etc etc.. Making it functional n yet appears to not "eat" onto any space..

Much nicer & more cohesive than some houses designed by ID.

Btw, mind to share e name n code of ur common toilet's vanity cabinet? TIA!

Yes.. finally i can find yr dining chair. Refering to the one with backrest. 

Can guide me how to purchase them and how much is the shipping n other charges involve?

I dont understand chinese in taobao and even the translate didnt help much. 

Please please please.. 

if you dont mind.. 

On 27 February 2016 at 0:04 AM, sazeryn said:

THANKS!! 

On 27 February 2016 at 0:04 AM, sazeryn said:

THANKS!! 

Hey Sazeryn, the gold faucet is working great. 

On 27 February 2016 at 0:07 AM, sazeryn said:

Hi.. can share your contractors contact.. appreciate it alot!!! 

PMed you. 

On 27 February 2016 at 0:25 AM, sazeryn said:

Yes.. finally i can find yr dining chair. Refering to the one with backrest. 

Can guide me how to purchase them and how much is the shipping n other charges involve?

I dont understand chinese in taobao and even the translate didnt help much. 

Please please please.. 

if you dont mind.. 

Hmm, you can use 65daigou to help you purchase it. They can guide you from beginning to end using Buy4Me option. I think the chairs worked out to be about $120 per piece after shipping... 

Nice reno blog. Would you mind share where did you get your study room sofa from? TIA!

Edited by w1nn7e