Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

End of Week 2 Updates

The process is still slow at this stage as the hacking is over for Week 1 which was effectively just 3 days. So this whole week was dedicated to the tiler electrician and AC guys to work as a team.

The tiler came in to begin making good the walls after the hacking and cement screed the bathrooms to prepare for tiling purpose.

IMG_9412_zpsmzokplvt.jpg

Sealed 2nd Level Bathroom Entrace

IMG_9464_zpsnedwevsa.jpg

Sealed Entrance View from Inside The Bathroom

IMG_9465_zpsoizsk3o9.jpg

Walls Cement Screed to Make Good

IMG_9468_zpsn0mfl67w.jpg

MBR Shower Area Wall Tiles Front View

IMG_9467_zpsauxkn6rh.jpg

MBR Shower Side View (Shower Panel Side)

IMG_9466_zpsuxeov8lr.jpg

Kitchen Sink Position

Will be erecting the wall up next week after this piping is set in to separate the MBR Shower and walk in wardrobe area and the kitchen. Very glad to hear that tiler told ID the pipe has a lot of debris from the previous owner and is almost choke and ID took initiative to contact her plumber to clear the chockage FOC. Whew...

Received the plumbing quote today and felt it was on the high side for the amount of work I need to get done. Inform ID about this issue and by evening found out that she has after that seek a quote from their 2nd plumber which came back lower and also she went online to search out a plumbing company and submit for a quote to see if there is a stark difference.

This has left us impressed with the little gesture and the extra mile she takes to ensure perfection and customer satisfaction. Not much to complain about as responsibility is something you seek out of an ID you give the job with but does not come with a guarantee. So really thankful for our choice.

Hoping next week will have more to go with and see. But its still a week for the tiler. Trying to decide up our taps and shower heads and lights for next week as well.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your progress is good. You can check out Grohe, they got sale, I think till end of the month.

Thanks still excited and waiting to see more progress and things actually taking shape :)

you really have a very good ID, love the tiles you use in your MBR shower.

the progress well, all the best. Can wait to see more update from you

you really have a very good ID, love the tiles you use in your MBR shower.

the progress well, all the best. Can wait to see more update from you

Well it's been a blessing so far and every issue or concern we raised has been acted on very efficiently.

Being clipped in between client and supplier is never easy but she's definately handled it very well.

Return to us today with over 5 different quotes from both her plumbers and also 3 others from online sites.

This allows us to have a much better accurate informed decision.

Hope it keeps going this way. Fingers crossed

Edited by doubleEM

Your 1st floor master bedroom idea is very intriguing. Excited to see the final result!!

Thank you. Very daring indeed by us but was created out of our needs and living habits with our kids. So well why not we thought:)

Beginning of Week 3

It's the start of the week and while everyone is suffering from our Monday blues, glad to know ID and team are at work on our project. ID went up to our unit and provided us with some updated pictures.

Main work completed today are water proofing of the wet areas like shower and outdoor yard we created and erecting of the kitchen concrete wall to seal off the bathroom from the new kitchen area.

Kitchen Wall Build Up

Front View

IMG_9503_zpszvd7oezm.jpg

Back View

IMG_9499_zpspmzmbr83.jpg

The flooring area which is hacked off will be making way for an extension of our walk in wardrobe area after levelling the curb to create more space for our bath and wardrobe in the otherwise really small space.

Outdoor Area Yard

IMG_9506_zpsb830zcqv.jpg

Because of the wonderful design from HDB to situated the main rubbish chute in the service balcony, we decided to put up a panel to separate my home office and a small little outdoor yard where kids can go have fun and serve as a wet area as well.

The waterproofing area is where the outdoor yard will be and the tiled area will be the start of my home office space. Well I can't possible smell the chute while working in my room every night right :).

Common Toilet Cement Screed & Waterproofing

IMG_9505_zpsu5ffbtoj.jpg

We are using a smooth cement screen wall for this common toilet on the second level with only the shower cubicle area spotting a feature wall.

Next up will be flooding these areas to test the water proofing layer done today.

Love the cement screed, but is it easy to maintain? Toilet normally are more humid.

With time the color of the screed will change but otherwise its ok and you have to accept hairline cracks appearing which does come with painted walls as well anyway.

But we like the look and feel to it.

Another Day Gone By

Kitchen wall is fully built up today with MBR bathroom floor tiles and Common Toilet feature wall tiles going up.

Kitchen Wall Fully Up

IMG_9513_zpstgn9kw0q.jpg

MBR Bath Flooring

IMG_9512_zpszsiupyrf.jpg

Common Toilet Wall Tiles

IMG_9516_zpsnkv6eeqx.jpg

Week 3 Day 4 Updates

More work continues to get completed under the supervision and update from my ID and she has been visiting site daily so far as it seems or whenever a new area is being done she will go over to hand the correct instructions down and I'd received daily updates on work being done.

Today the common bath shower feature wall is done up and the levelling of the flooring is done up for the extended area of our walk in wardrobe into the service balcony.

We went hunting for lights today and in the midst of it realize something about light hunting in Singapore and Balestier as a whole. Will comment on that in my next post.

So here are some pics for the day:

Common Shower Featured Wall

IMG_9562_zpswrxgizet.jpg

Fuzzy eh? Well we didn't expect this and went WHOA! when we got it as well but we trust our ID so we are going with this and see how it turns out...

Window Seal Tiled Up

IMG_9564_zpssckzaelz.jpg

Living on the highest level we decided to leave our shower window blank and raw to achieve the airy effect rather than building a vacuum fan or windows for this area. We want it to be well ventilated so we do like the effect and how big and wide the bathroom windows are for our unit.

Walk In Wardrobe Levelling

IMG_9566_zps7uedh4sr.jpg

Levelling the flooring to show the extended wardrobe space ID has catered for us in our walk in wardrobe area.

Hope the progress is fast enough for our work to be completed. Fingers crossed. Glad to see word is done daily and progressing and tiling and wet works is definately something you can't rush and don't want to rush and have to come back and redo it after.

Edited by doubleEM

1. Network
    • How do you attempt to setup your wireless at home to ensure that all areas are covered?
      • I'm thinking rewiring the entire home. :(

As for network this is still my headache for now but I guess most suggestions will be the new Starhub cable + fibre package where you can then have a cable modem and router on 1 level and fibre modem and router on another level to attain the best effect.

Would be good with any other experts here can share a better way out! I'm all ears... :)

For network cabling, this is what I feel should be done:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=835953

Basically, you should lay network cables from your fibre point to all rooms. Trust me, you won't regret.

You're not going to have any window for your shower window area? Birds may fly in...

Haha we will be hanging some potted plants to prevent this from happening. Thanks for bringing it up haha