Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi. Can I know what fan u used for ur living room?

Fans for the Home

Dining Area

gallery_69102_815_12711.jpg

Opted for a simple 3 blade black fan for the area downgrading from our original intentions for a Haiku Black model here but decided to save $$$ for an area where the fan will be used sparingly perhaps during only meal times. So the attractiveness of low noise, electric saving is not vital here as meal times are ok with a little noise from the fan and since meal time are at most an hour max then the savings in electric bill ain't going to add much.

Verdict: Save 90% on cost of purchase of the fan :)

Living Area

gallery_69102_815_48521.jpg

Decided to add a wall mount fan in this are considering the small space means adding a standing fan will take up more space in an area that is already lacking of it. A ceiling fan will not have the necessary clearance for space required so we opted to go with the Matthews Diane fan which fits in a corner and does not look to out of place with it's *****.

MBR Study Area

Same as per living area a space so opted for the same Matthews Diane Model to wind up the area.

MBR

gallery_69102_815_131754.jpg

This is the area where we decide a purchase of the Haiku warrants the expenditure. It will of course help with the sleek look the fan possess but the power saving helps with the fact that we do not sleep with a/c switched on so the fan would be on at least 8 hours a day say the very least. The quietness of a DC motor fan will also ensure the noise from the fan isn't felt and heard when trying to get our sleep while staying cool.

The rest of the house will then be "wind" up by the standard KDK standing fans which we currently have and we still feel are truly the only brand and model with fans that helps cool the room in this hear we have here.

Hi. Can I know what fan u used for ur living room?

Hc28: as mentioned in 3d of living room we will be using the Matthews Diane fan model for this area :)

Your latest round of 3D looks good

Thanks bro:)

Await your updates too since we have the same designer and you are more advance stage than I am :)

I'll probably update after national day... carpentry should be ready by then :notti:

Sure thing thats about when I'll begin mine too :).

Anyone here who have gone with Gain City for their air con purchase? Wonder if their installation and materials are as good as they mention?

As I read the tblogs, I read that some people bought from Gain City. Irregardless which company u buy from, it's important to be around on installation day to run through how to run the trunking. The installers will usually want to run the shortest or most efficient way for them, which may not be aesthetically pleasing.

Yup this is a part we will be discussing with our ID before allowing them to go ahead.

Thanks again bro

Edited by doubleEM

don't think i will purchase air con from gain city or those big company anymore. their installer and service man are all outsourced to those m'sia company.

my current place just replaced aircon, same model as gain city but is much cheaper than what was quoted from gc.

servicing by this aircon man also much cheaper and even better.

now my new place, also same aircon man to help to re-lay the aircon pipe with chemical wash is also cheaper than what gc quote me.

Thanks hc28.

Can I also know if anyone here has successfully applied for 2 compressors on a old block still running on 15amp power?

Need to know this to decide if I can got for a system 3 + system 2 or suck thumb and go with system 4. :(

Kan-Chiong Spider Tiles Selection

Project's not started but our ID and us began our tile selection today. With whatever few tile area we have we went on our tile quest today :).

Only areas needing tiles:

MBR Shower Floor + Wall

Common Toilet Floor + Shower cubicle Walls
Kitchen backsplash

Wa-lah and that's it haha. Sad but true. Probably our 1st home with so little area that is actually tiled.

Kitchen Backsplash

gallery_69102_815_10487.jpg

We decided to add some texture into the clean looking cabinet laminates and vinyl flooring. So went with this selection which we actually like a lot together with the suggestion made by our ID. We buy the look and idea so yes we went with her suggestion.

MBR Shower Cubicle

gallery_69102_815_18345.jpg

As the whole walk in wardrobe will be vinyl flooring so only the shower cubicle and wc flooring will be tiles as its wet area so we went with a slightly greyish wood finishing look for the floor with a fading white matte hexagon tile over the shower cubicle walls. We are going with a hexagon fade away look which means it will start with a lot and slowly fading to a smaller area then till none. (Hope this makes sense else have to wait till finished product) :)

Common Bathroom Floor

gallery_69102_815_25567.jpg

Went with a light wood color grain tile for the toilet flooring on the upper common toilet with the walls cement screed minus shower cubical area.

Common Bathroom Shower Cubicle Featured Wall

gallery_69102_815_2425.jpg

We are going with the similar hexagon tiles but this time instead of single color will be playing around with a contrast between 3 colors of matte white, light grey and darker grey as you see in the pic taken at tile shop today.

Pretty much we are going with suggestions made by our ID after selection process and approving the final product chosen.

Our ID actually took the effort to check if we would like to go with her to check out some toilet accessories when we mentioned that we were looking to purchase off TB and we thought no harm why not.

We were quite impressed with the selection we saw and might actually end up making our purchases there instead of over TB. Because of the "toilet set" effect of shower set plus toilet role holder plus racks should achieve the same color tone to be uniformed.

So let's see how it goes.

Wait till u see the lights from the lighting shop she will bring u to. U may change your mind also about buying from TB. Hahaha

Well truly if the prices are decent and not exorbitant then I don't see an issue really because one can always sleep better without worrying about things breaking down shortly after its put up especially when it comes to permanent fixtures like lighting.

But pockets have to approve also. :)

did check with my aircon man and he thinks its not possible but didnt give me a reason why.

maybe u can give it a shot.

Thanks hc28.

Can I also know if anyone here has successfully applied for 2 compressors on a old block still running on 15amp power?

Need to know this to decide if I can got for a system 3 + system 2 or suck thumb and go with system 4. :(