Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We also bought a digital lock... I find it useful because in the previous house, when I'm carrying a lot of stuff, it's difficult taking keys out of the pocket, not mentioning the unlocking process. So my criteria for the digital lock must have fingerprint, card, pin and manual key in case the electronics doesn't work... So the options are down to Yale and Samsung. I let wifey choose and she picked the Samsung one.

This model has 2 colors - silver and rose gold

image.jpg1_28.jpg

Again, I let wifey choose, and she chose rose gold. This is the view from outside

image.jpg1_29.jpg

View from inside the house

image.jpg3_6.jpg

Edited by ZzzMonster

Same model samsung p-718. However i choose the silver one although i like the rose gold more but my house theme colour os black white and red.

Same model samsung p-718. However i choose the silver one although i like the rose gold more but my house theme colour os black white and red.

Haha. I'm fine with both colors. The silver one will match the handle and the rose gold will match the door. So let wifey choose. I understand they now have champagne gold but that's not my type of color 😆

Guest yoonmunkit@yahoo.com

Do you have any lock on your front metal gate?

We also bought a digital lock... I find it useful because in the previous house, when I'm carrying a lot of stuff, it's difficult taking keys out of the pocket, not mentioning the unlocking process. So my criteria for the digital lock must have fingerprint, card, pin and manual key in case the electronics doesn't work... So the options are down to Yale and Samsung. I let wifey choose and she picked the Samsung one.

This model has 2 colors - silver and rose gold
image.jpg1_28.jpg

Again, I let wifey choose, and she chose rose gold. This is the view from outside
image.jpg1_29.jpg

View from inside the house
image.jpg3_6.jpg

Do you have any lock on your front metal gate?

I didn't install metal gate. The lock companies do sell gates so that u can also install digital lock on the gate.

For me I decided to make away with the front gate digital lock, I find it kinda funny to need to open 2 digital lock just to get into the house. For the gate, most people do not actually lock it nowadays also.

not only need to open two time, in the sense of changing battery and power consumption, Both Door and gate digital lock will have different power consumption and thus the battery life of each equipment will be different.

Edited by Ahyong81

Guest yoonmunkit@yahoo.com

Yes I was also thinking about not installing digital lock for metal gate. It's strange to have 2 digital locks that you need to open each time u come back. Kind of defeating the purpose of single access pt.

For me I decided to make away with the front gate digital lock, I find it kinda funny to need to open 2 digital lock just to get into the house. For the gate, most people do not actually lock it nowadays also.

not only need to open two time, in the sense of changing battery and power consumption, Both Door and gate digital lock will have different power consumption and thus the battery life of each equipment will be different.

Yes I was also thinking about not installing digital lock for metal gate. It's strange to have 2 digital locks that you need to open each time u come back. Kind of defeating the purpose of single access pt.

Depends on why u want to have digital lock in the first place. For me, i installed it so that I no need to use key. If i have gate and use key for it, then it defeats the purpose of installing the digi lock on the door. So I decided not to have gate at all.

Actually there is this combi door in Singapore. Initially wanted to install it, but final decision decide to drop it cause the door gate system door is starting at a price of 1799, basic door. If want nicer design it start from 2199, excluding the single digital lock, price 999 for the samsung 718. Total for a combi door plus digital lock is about 3100.

_496123_orig.jpg

If budget permits, can consider this solution, only one company in Singapore can do it.

A normal door (non fire rated) and a wrought iron gate cost 700 to 1000

Plus the samsung p718 of 999. Total = 1999

Edited by Ahyong81

Actually there is this combi door in Singapore. Initially wanted to install it, but final decision decide to drop it cause the door gate system door is starting at a price of 1799, basic door. If want nicer design it start from 2199, excluding the single digital lock, price 999 for the samsung 718. Total for a combi door plus digital lock is about 3100. _496123_orig.jpg

If budget permits, can consider this solution, only one company in Singapore can do it.

A normal door (non fire rated) and a wrought iron gate cost 700 to 1000

Plus the samsung p718 of 999. Total = 1999

Yup, it's **** ex. That's why we decided not to do it also.