Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZzzMonster

Second Home First Reno

Thanks for the tip! I'll try the panorama mode when I'm back.

All my furniture store are in. It is the small details/stuff to put on the open shelves, which I think we will only buy when we see something we like. We will not specially go out to look for these things.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats bro

Fully agree with your comments about our same ID :)

I'll pen my own thoughts when I'm done too. Just finish opening up all the boxes stored up while Reno was completed since we moved in before completion.

Waiting to see your finished pics :)

Congrats bro

Fully agree with your comments about our same ID :)

I'll pen my own thoughts when I'm done too. Just finish opening up all the boxes stored up while Reno was completed since we moved in before completion.

Waiting to see your finished pics :)

Thanks bro!

Just like what u shared about your free Blum mechanism for your drawer... ID will do what's right and when it was not communicated earlier, she will do it at her own expenses. But of course if I want to add more things, I will have to pay for it.

Review on curtain supplier

From my previous post, I engaged Vincent to do my curtains. Reason mainly is because he is highly recommended in renotalk and his price beats everyone else.

He has a slightly longer lead time, so if u want to engage him, do it earlier so that curtains can be installed before you shift in. If u want to meet him on the weekends, his schedule is quite tight (need about 1 week notice unless u are lucky).

He doesn't have a lot of fabrics as compared to MGL but his range is more or as good as others. We managed to find the black out curtains we want. One set back is that his range of day curtains is limited. The one which we like at MGL, he doesn't carry. We settle for what he has and fortunately, he has the colour we wanted. I must say he is experienced because during the measurement, he told me one part of my living room is 0.5 inch longer (floor to ceiling height). So with our agreement, we go for the shorter length. But once the curtain is hung up, we noticed that the curtain is like a little short at part of the living room with the longer height. On hind sight, we should have asked him to make 2 different length curtains. He also provided us with good advice when it comes to the curtain in the master bedroom.. Because the window in the room has a slight L shape, I initially wanted to do a one piece rail with the curve rail at the corner of the L shape area. In fact, this is what all the curtain supplier recommended me to do. He is the first and only one to discourage me to do that because it is more ex, and the curtain may get "choke" at the curve area, thus defeating the purpose...

When it comes to installation, it's like almost a one man show. He has an elderly lady (could she be his mum, not sure) helping him, like pass him some stuff, lay the curtains and rails properly, lay the cloth to protect the floor, cabinets, etc. but he did all the drilling, putting up the rails and hanging the curtains and blinds... He has a small holder attached to his drill so that most of the dust falls into the holder. But it's inevitable that some still falls onto the floor... I thought the laying of the cloth is to help contain the dust as well but apparently not... because when the elderly lady pack up the cloth, everything falls onto the floor.... He took about 3.5 to 4 hrs to install them.

Overall, we are happy with the curtains and his service. He initially prepared us that it may not be ready before our shifting date because we met him quite late... He needs about 2-3 weeks to do the curtains after signing the order. But we are very happy that he managed to deliver and install 3 days before we shifted in.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Review on movers

The mover I engaged is Gethsemane Care Ministry. I got a few mover contacts from fellow forumers. But decided to just call and engage them. This group is set up to help ex-addicts. I thought since I'm going to spend the money to engage a mover, might as well spent it on a worthy cause. This is their website http://gethsemanebpc.com/tgcm/

The day before, I reconfirm the move with the in-charge. On the day of the move, they were half an hour earlier. We don't have much big items, except for 2 outdoor rattan chairs and a coffee table, and a queen size mattress. But we have lots of boxes, between 40-50. They were very fast, it took them just less than 30mins to clear the stuff and load into their lorry. They are all very fit. My stuff just fill half their lorry. They were also very fast in unloading the stuff to our new home.

I'm not sure about other movers... For them, they bring their trolleys into the house when loading and unloading. This makes the process fast. But for those who do not like trolleys to be used in the house, then u may want to discuss this with them before engaging them.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Mind telling me your experience with your haiku fan so far, like wind power and noise level and any abnormal noise? If you didn't buy haiku which will you buy? Spin? I ask because having a tough time whether to go ahead with haiku cos heard their service is very bad scare break down within 2 years not worth for that price, with the same price can buy 2 spin or Airfusion Climate II. Your review so far with your experience will be nice.

Mind telling me your experience with your haiku fan so far, like wind power and noise level and any abnormal noise? If you didn't buy haiku which will you buy? Spin? I ask because having a tough time whether to go ahead with haiku cos heard their service is very bad scare break down within 2 years not worth for that price, with the same price can buy 2 spin or Airfusion Climate II. Your review so far with your experience will be nice.

I've got myself 2 Haiku and a Relite for my home so far as ceiling fans and am already prepared to dump the relite for another Haiku when I recover from this damage with the reno :)

Haiku has impressed me above just the branding many think it is but well this is me.

Pros:

Quiet even at highest speed.

Good draft wind all around the area

Wide span of wind cover

Breezy around the room

Compared to the reilte:

Cons:

Loud motor and blade noise at highest speed

Wind produce does not circulate hits a single coverage area

Not cooling enough for the room

However this may be due to the blade size of Haiku being 60" for mine and 48" for relite but should not change the sound produce still.

If you fear warranty go with the official installer for Haiku which will cost $80 per fan installed and according to the Auntie who sold me the Haiku told me main issues is with their light kit haha.

I don't use light kits so can't comment but well if you ask me my view of the Haiku: Good if I can get it cheaper of course but happy with owning it if I ignore the cost.

I like the performance of Haiku. It is quiet, the wind speed is good enough for me. At its fastest, it is still no where as strong as kdk, Franco, samaire, etc... But I buy it for its looks and didn't regret.

Spin is very gentle. I use it for my bedroom. It is just like circulating the air, not as strong as haiku.

Now that I've used these 2, if I didn't buy haiku, I wouldn't get spin for my living. Spin is too gentle to be used for my living. If the area u need to cover is big and if u are used to strong wind, between the 2" go for haiku.

Both haiku and spin are quiet.

Just to add I tested the wind of both and found that Spin was generating winds that comes on and off with you standing at the same spot.

Which meant that you will not feel constant wind on you with the Spin. So scratched that from my list immediately considering the cost of it as well.

But that's just me.

I have the Spin and I like the fact that you don't feel the wind hitting you. I find that more comfortable like natural breeze. Well, I guess you have to test it to see which you like. Sound wise - it's quiet even at highest speed. You can't hear the motor or blades rotating etc.

Just to add I tested the wind of both and found that Spin was generating winds that comes on and off with you standing at the same spot.

Which meant that you will not feel constant wind on you with the Spin. So scratched that from my list immediately considering the cost of it as well.

But that's just me.

Ya... I tested the wind of spin at the showroom and thought it was ok... Only after installing then I realize that it is not strong. But so far it's ok... I don't like too strong wind when I'm sleeping, will get a headache.

Ya... I tested the wind of spin at the showroom and thought it was ok... Only after installing then I realize that it is not strong. But so far it's ok... I don't like too strong wind when I'm sleeping, will get a headache.

Tao Hong ( Wind in the head) :P haha

for me If got fan wind too strong when I sleeping. I will Dium Hong ( Wind in the stomach) :P

Edited by Ahyong81