Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ryvian

Ryvian Renovation Journey

Hey funnysnow,

Could you take a picture of the acrylic panels and the light inside it, if you have the time and if it's not too much trouble? If it is then nevermind la! I just curious to see cus I haven't done up mine with the acrylic panels. :)

Congrats on almost completing your renovation!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey funnysnow,

Could you take a picture of the acrylic panels and the light inside it, if you have the time and if it's not too much trouble? If it is then nevermind la! I just curious to see cus I haven't done up mine with the acrylic panels. :)

Sure, I will take the pictures for you on my next visit!

Electronic Loots

I shall share some of my electronic I bought in Singapore!

philips_full_hd_led_tv_65pft5409_98_2.jp

Philips 65PFT5409 Full HD LED TV (Courts)

At the start, we wanted to get a 55" television. One day, we went shopping with a neighbour of ours, he introduced this television to us. I was totally into big screen. After much consideration, I managed persuaded my wife to get this 65" television although it's not UHD. This cost us less than $2,000 which we felt really cheap!

130505-Denon_DHT-S514-product-3-4_view-w

Denon: Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer DHT-S512 (Courts)

We got this set of soundbar because it was recommended by the Courts saleperson whom is a friend of ours. There's a 'purchase with purchase' which cost us $599 instead of $899. We tested the sound and the price is good, we bought it on the spot without consideration.

4353.jpg

Samsung: RL4353RBASL (Hong Liang)

This model fits all the requirement we wanted. Large freezer, simple look. (Psst: My wife insisted on big freezer)

medium02.jpg

LG 10KG Inverter Direct Drive 6 Motion Top Loader Washer WFT1061DD (Hong Liang)

initially, we had issue on how are we going to place our washer due to the limited size our service yard is. This model fitted just nice for our service yard.

MCSA00753491_399788_HBN331E1J_def.jpg

Bosch HBN331E1K (Hong Liang)

My wife's decision. I have no say in this. Haha

2_2.jpg

Citygas Macro MA-10FE (City Gas)

fg_3773_svgl.png

Fujioh FG3773SV (Hoe Kee)

To match our theme.

product3_big.png

Fujioh FS890R (Hoe Kee)

We chose a slim hood instead of chimney hoodas as chimney take up alot of space. This was recommend by one of the staff.

0005737_blanco-metra-9-white-silgranit-831zjKeg0RvL._SX300_.jpg

Blanco Metra 9 + Blanco Mida Sink Mixer (Hoe Kee)

Got this 2 items from Hoe Kee as well. Both cost me at $589.

Edited by funnysnow

Furniture Loots

Next, some of the furniture loots I got from Singapore.

1427364089Rossedit.jpg

Ross SF 9407 (Cellini @ parkmall)

It was a love at first sight. We went shopping for sofa at Parkmall. The length of this sofa is 2880mm according to measurement. So long with deep seating. And it was L-shaped. We find it really comfy! This cost us $1,388.

1411470450CB25102Piano.jpg

Piano CB251-02 Coffee Table (Cellini @ Parkmall)

table1.jpg

MAX DS160 Dining Table + 4 sets DORIC CH162 Chair (Cellini @ Parkmall)

I shall talk about this 2 items (with 4 chairs) together. Few months later after we bought the sofa, we went back to this store again. They had house promotion going on. We then decided to add this 2 items into the package. We paid another $1,600. So in total, we paid $2988 for sofa, coffee table, dining table with 4 chairs.

gallery_66736_906_76038.jpg

Posturepedic Unicased Heritage - Cushion Firm (Sealy @ Parkmall)

I am actually quite disappointed in myself. We set a budget of $3,000 for our mattress + bedframe. But we end up spending about $4,200 for this mattress with storage bedframe. We had heard alot good reviews about Sealy, I hope this will make us sleep better! Haha.

Loots in Malaysia

We do not own any vehicle, thus, buying from JB is hard for us. All thanks to my new neighbours, we were able to buy all these stuffs back from JB. We hitched a ride from our neighbours and we went in to JB to shop together!

E-Trinity-LED-GM-2xkzszuutoqil76h6598ga.

Fanco E Trinity 56" (JB Proelect)

initially, we wanted to get Amasco Triniti-II 56". But locally is selling at about $899 I last checked, which is over my budget. We then discovered a similar model from Fanco, which is this model: Fanco E Trinity. But Singapore is not selling this model yet, due to quality check. We had to turn to JB. We got this at about S$500 from JB Proelect without the lights.

gallery_66736_906_120328.jpg

We got 6 ceilings lights (2x24W, 2x18W, 2x12W) for our bedrooms, toilets, service yard and bomb shelter from JB Proelect as well. They cost me less than S$200 for the 6 lights.

2312-large_default.jpg

Deka Galaxy M3 (JB Proelect)

This fan is bought specially for my wife. She wanted a fan just to blow her when she's doing her make-up. This fan is small yet powerful! This fan is about S$120.

I also bought some kitchenwares and toilet items from this place called: Ginmit Trading. I did not take any photo of the items, but I did take photo of the receipts. It's still very cheap even after paying GST and custom tax.

gallery_66736_906_2552.jpg

Edited by funnysnow

• Like 1

Online Purchases Sneak Preview

gallery_66736_906_945.jpg

We bought quite a number of stuffs from Taobao and Amazon as well. (Not all is ours, maybe 2/3 is ours) We had packed them in our bomb shelter as our house is still very dusty. We will share our Taobao & Amazon loots once everything is settle down!

Online Purchases Sneak Preview

gallery_66736_906_945.jpg

We bought quite a number of stuffs from Taobao and Amazon as well. (Not all is ours, maybe 2/3 is ours) We had packed them in our bomb shelter as our house is still very dusty. We will share our Taobao & Amazon loots once everything is settle down!

Omg. Thats alot of purchases from taobao and Amazon!

Hi Funnysnow, how do you mount you electric plug on the glass backsplash? And is the backsplash 'protruding' out cos it seems the backsplash and subway tiling are not at the same distance. Can take close up pics? Thanks so much... Cos I'm wondering if it's possible to mount some stuff on the backsplash but worried it might crack.

We did not mount our electric plug onto the back glass. Instead, we did a layer of lamination above the backsplash glass.

As for the backsplash glass and subway tiles. They are separated by a 'pillar'. Do refer to this image:http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66736_906_22321.jpg. I don't know how to explain. Haha.

I do not have the photo now. I will take again on my next visit to this new home. Keep you updated again!

Here you go as promise!

gallery_66736_906_8444.jpg

No issue with subway tiles are they can be cut and drill through.

gallery_66736_906_23955.jpg

As for the other side. We did a lamination on the top layer. It looked like glass, but it's actually only lamination. My contractor told me that behind is bomb shelther, cannot drill hole. Thus, we had to bear with fat circuit socket instead of the flat one.

Hey funnysnow,

Sure, I will take the pictures for you on my next visit!

Hi Kara,

I'm not sure if this is what you want on the inside?

gallery_66736_906_28313.jpg

gallery_66736_906_28313.jpg

From the pic, it looks like the top part is laminate and below is glass.so there are two layers of different materials but same thickness so it seems seamless and not obvious when you stand in front of it.

Thanks Khng for explaining for me!

Lazyfatcat007: Yup. That's exactly what Khng had mentioned. The outcome was very good.

On the other part of lamination, I get to install rods for hanging purpose. I will post that on my next visit!