Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

This is not just a filtration system but an alkaline water dispenser. You do not need a separate water tap. Most people just tap off the existing water tap. I installed one in my house. If you want to find out more information, you can check here.

Dear KS,

Thanks so much for pointing us to your post. It was really useful to be able to see the pictures on how all the connections go! :good:

Edited by jobb

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went shopping for a new wash basin for the common toilet last night. Initially, we wanted to get from a shop in IMM but after going down to the house to check on the available space after our common toilet door was installed, we had to scrap that idea. Suddenly thought of sinks from IKEA and managed to find one with dimensions just nice enough to squeeze into the available space we had. So, went down to IKEA for dinner and some shopping! In the end, we bought the whole TYNGEN wash basin, stand and mirror set:

image_38.jpeg?1447373445064&144737344599image_37.jpeg?1447373445064&144737344599image_36.jpeg?1447373445064&144737344599image_39.jpeg?1447373445064&144737344599

We'd have to assemble the cabinet and mirror before our ID can put them up for us. Cross our fingers that out DIY project turns out well :jammin:

I think we have no luck with sinks :~

Last Friday, the kitchen cabinets were installed and after looking at the area where we wanted to place the kitchen sink, my ID realized he forgot that we had already bought a sink which was 910mm in length. So, when he modified the counter to drop the sink area by 2 inches as according to my FSM's suggestions, he forgot to take into account the length of our chosen sink...in the end, he brought our sink back to the shop to find a replacement. As our original sink was Franke, we wanted the same brand with the similar specifications. My main request was the bigger bowl had to be large enough to fit my biggest cooking pot. He whatsapped us a few options when he got to the shop and eventually, we chose another Franke kitchen sink which was 670mm but had a big bowl similar in size to our original sink. A bit of drama ensued when he initially asked us to top up for the new sink which is more expensive than our original one... :fire: My fiance was super upset and eventually, the boss stepped in to say that the company was willing to absorb the top up required. Then, all was well again...

image_41.jpeg?1447633020419&144763302205image_42.jpeg?1447633020419&144763302205

Original sink on the left and our new sink on the right. Just glad that we managed to get a sink we like...no more trouble with sinks please!

On a side note, we brought back the IKEA sink to replace the common toilet sink which was too small for our liking and I must say it looks so much more proportionate now! Plumber will be helping to install the sink this week...

image_43.jpeg?1447633020419&144763302205

Our IKEA sink for the common toilet.

Think we got to start praying to the sink god... :bow:

The IKEA sink looks so much better!!

I'm sure it'll all be better now. Haha. Totally understand how one issue can be tripping you up so many times in a Reno. :P

Thanks bykaraanne! Feel so much more relieved now :sport-smiley-018: Hope it'll look as good when the plumber fixes it up! This reno journey has been like a rollercoaster :wacko:

Renovation updates - end of week 3

It's been so messy at the house the last week...things that have been done/are in progress:

1) False ceiling rectifications completed

2) Electrical works for ceiling done, pending the walls

3) Carpentry being installed

4) Measurements for curtains and blinds taken

5) Painting started

image_52.jpeg?1447649594256&144764959836image_53.jpeg?1447649594256&144764959836

Our TV console - love the design which managed to incorporate the 3 existing wooden pillars, but I got a huge shock when I saw how glossy the laminate was! I asked my ID to check if this was indeed the laminate we had chosen and initially, he said it should be correct as the carpenters fabricated the board based on codes. Luckily I insisted he check as the laminate used was wrong! 8| The laminate we had chosen was matte and had hints of grey to complement the other grey features in our house! So, carpenters have to redo... :no:

image_50.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Our shoe cabinet - sans cushion and glass top

image_44.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Kitchen cabinets on both sides are up - initially the drawers installed were not soft closing...our ID said he told us that only the swing doors will be soft closing during the discussion stage but we can't remember...we were resigned to not having soft closing drawers until our ID agreed to change the 5 drawers in the kitchen for us at cost price.

image_54.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Our long study table - it spans the whole length of the study room :dribble: Super love this! At first, our ID said we will need to install support bars in the center to support the weight of the table due to its length so aesthetics will be compromised a bit...fortunately, our carpenter had the brilliant idea of installing 2 metal rods into the wood and insert them into the walls directly so that the supports won't be visible at all :idea: Can't wait for the laminates to be up so that we can see the completed product! :wub:

image_46.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920image_47.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Our master bedroom wardrobe - looks like the 3D drawings so no complaints...only issue I had was the door have no handles! There's a groove on each side of the door to allow us to slide the doors open...but to close, we'd need to use friction to push against the door. The carpenter said adding handles will spoil the aesthetic of the wardrobe and so, he asked us to try it first and see if we really want to have the handles added in. Dilemma here...function vs aesthetics :dunno: Wondering if it's because of all the dust in the house that makes it slippery to slide the doors close...shall KIV on this :huh: We had a special request for the wardrobe which was...

image_48.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Ta-daaaa! A pocket mirror! It's still a little stiff so we've asked the carpenter to make it smoother when sliding it out and back in again. More oil please! :sport-smiley-003:

image_51.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

Our master toilet cabinet and sink - no complaints so far...waiting to take measurements for the quartz top and mirror :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by jobb

Renovation updates - end of week 3 (continued)

My fiance and I spent the whole afternoon yesterday unpacking our Taobao goods. It's been some time since we ordered the items so we had forgotten what was inside some of the boxes...it was a bit like unwrapping presents on Christmas morning :notti: We're still missing 2 items which we ordered...hopefully they'll be delivered soon :( We started by assembling the armchairs we got for our mahjong table...

image_49.jpeg?1447653893195&144765389920

The final product - after a lot of sweat and manual labor! Kudos to my fiance for being so patient and cool-headed when I was feeling frustrated about some parts not fitting properly... :wub: At least the arm chairs were completed! We moved on to the assembling the IKEA cabinet next and it was a lot more complicated than we expected :wacko: We managed to fix the cabinet and were about to assemble the door when we realized we were short of:

1 door hinge! :curse:image_55.jpeg?1447655320264&144765533743 So angry !!!!!!

Now, we have to go back to IKEA to get another hinge before we can complete the door...Grrr... :furious:

My ID says he can handover in 2 weeks time...but looking at how much still needs to be done, I'm doubtful :huh: Can't see the end of the light of the tunnel yet... :(

Hey Jobb! The new smaller sink looks much nicer than the bigger one and definitely no regrets especially now the contractor is taking care of the extra. It has much nicer edges and looks modern sleek as the other one looks more traditional

I think we have no luck with sinks :

image_41.jpeg?1447633020419&144763302205image_42.jpeg?1447633020419&144763302205

Original sink on the left and our new sink on the right. Just glad that we managed to get a sink we like...no more trouble with

Edited by Luxexplorer

Hey Jobb! The new smaller sink looks much nicer than the bigger one and definitely no regrets especially now the contractor is taking care of the extra. It has much nicer edges and looks modern sleek as the other one looks more traditional

Thanks for your words of reassurance Luxeplorer! We actually looked at this sink when we went down to the shop to buy our kitchen and bathroom accessories but gave it a miss when we saw that the price was over our budget...guess we lucked out in this instance as the company is willing to absorb the price difference due to our ID's oversight. It's only human to make mistakes but the good thing is that we have a responsible ID and renovation company...

Went down to the house this afternoon to meet up with our ID so that he can brief us on the work that has been completed and what's to come :deal: First thing I noticed when I stepped into the house was that all the rubbish had been cleared out! :dancingqueen: Our house looks so much more spacious without all that clutter :sport-smiley-004:

Carpentry has been completed! But a number of minor rectifications need to be done...our ID has marked out the places with masking tape...

image_60.jpeg?1447770993179&144777099493

Our TV console with the correct laminate this time...no more gloss! :notti: Minor issue of having to touch up the silicone at the joints between the console and the 3 pillars.

image_61.jpeg

Our shoe cabinet with the glass top and grey settee cushion. Weird thing is the carpenters didn't fix the glass top down to the cabinet so the whole piece of glass can slide about! I thought it was too dangerous to leave it so and requested my ID to get the glass fixed down to the cabinet.

image_62.jpeg

Kitchen cabinets are fully installed! No issues with this piece of carpentry as of now... :thumbs up:

image_64.jpeg

Our beloved study table! :wub: Had to take a panoramic photo as the table was too long to be captured in a single shot! Only issue is the carpenters used white laminate for the underside of the table! My ID said this is usual practice but I don't like it...so I requested for the underside to have the same wooden laminate as well...when I told my mum this, she thought I was being too picky :unsure: I just want a nice table which will give me the motivation to study and do my work! :bleah:

No changes to the master bedroom wardrobe and master toilet cabinets...so that concludes all the carpentry we have! :sport-smiley-018:

Our lights were also delievered this evening!

image_57.jpeg

This picture was sent to us by the seller after he had delivered our lights...we thought that was pretty nice of him :good: Can't wait for the lights to be installed so we can go down to the house after sunset! :jammin:

Wah!! Like super fast progress. Congrats :)

Thanks! :D Can't wait to be able to move out of my parents' house! Been sharing a room with my sisters my whole life so you can understand my anxiety :P

Hi all,

:help: I have a noob question to ask...do you complete handover before or after moving in your furniture and electrical appliances? :dunno:

Mine was a bit of both. Most works were already done by then but pending some small stuff that had to wait.

So I moved in my stuff after chemical washing and then still left the contractor's lock (no valuable stuff inside though).

After the works are 99% completed then I lock using my own lock.

Official handover was chemical wash, though.