Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Someone can tell me if this old antenna pipe can be remove? Will I affect my neighbours TV programe

ixxj4z.jpg

You can safely remove all HDB antennas. In fact, some time after this month (December 2015), the original plan was to stop broadcasting TV signals through this avenue but I think everybody is not ready. Mediacorp has already switched to over-the-air digital TV. For more info, you can read my explanation.

Matt is too dark for me. Honestly 8 years with an all black kitchen its time for a change. Just imagine my floor was matt black ,cabinets gloss black and countertop black, you have no idea how hardworking I was cleaning all the time especially after a major dinner party .. it's really like wa liao eh.. this time for sure lighter shades for me although the heart is itchy itchy to dark colours ..

Someone can tell me if this old antenna pipe can be remove? Will I affect my neighbours TV programe

ixxj4z.jpg

the old antenna box can't be removed, options that my id did was to box it up. :good:

Some(understatement?)Hiccups

Been too busy to visit the site till 2 days ago for the aircon piping and eletrical wiring day. What a mayhem of wires and i think old flat presents more issues with many coloumns around and cant drill through them. I think any contractor who can manage an old resale flat renovation well, for sure the BTO will be a bliss

- First we realise that my ceiling is very low at only 2380mm original height. Adding on the ceiling fan will lower it to about 2100mm and my BF he is already 1.9meter tall. With that little leeway and no coffeetable in the middle to prevent an accidental "slicing off the fingers" (haha, kidding), we decided to exclude the ceiling fan. So I had to sell off my Elmark Aeronamics 52" celing fan which i like very much. boohoohoo.

- Then we realise that the shower area has a very low beam in the MIDDLE of the ceiling (see photo below ) and my rainshower cant fit as the arm would hit the beam We then went to the shop and cancel the item and end up buying a different set from GROHE.

- Then there is one sewage pipe here, another neighbours' sewage pipe there, one water pipe there, one atenna here and all cant be remove.... OMG. Although box up is a soluton but I dont want to shrink the already compact home with unnecessary waste of space.

- The windows guys came and then told me cant install because my area here too busy with lots of cars parked and lots of people walking. Being on the 17th floor, the concrete might fly further and damage someone or vehicle. So have to return next monday when the market is not opened and they can condone off downstairs for installation!

- The city gas people came to install the pipes at 8am and proceed to tell me that the valve is stuck, possible previous uncle has always used the countertop gas burner stove ( like what we use for steamboat). So now I have to call them again and someone else will come fix the valve and will use a rubber stopper till 2nd appointment will be to install the pipes = delay for kitchen cabinets to go up! (NO SMOKING PLEASE)

On the same day, I saw some workers knocking on my neighbours home which I told them they are away for holiday. They told me as part of the on-going upgrading programme in our HDB neighbourhood, one of the upgrade is the replacement of gas meter, as shown below.The "newer" one is smaller.....! Here is when I realise the old house gas meter is indoor :jawdrop: because uncle didnt use citygas so there was never a meter and I just presume that its like my previous homes - Outside!!

Now I will have a new "accessory" to my modern rustic home.

A Gas Meter in My Kitchen

5mfink.jpg

Open concept WC and the shower area

The yard and toilet tiling has finally complete and I love the tiles so much :) We had a little hiccup as I insisted to have the copper pipings inside the wall and tiled up agreeing to take full responsibulity should HDB gives problem. When the plumber arrived he refused to do citing his license at risk which I totally accepted. So we called back the tiler to complete the job before the plumber returns. If you followed my post, you will know that the copper tiles were meant for the floor but because we prefer to camou the copper pipes we decided to swap them and have the copper tiles on the wall instead. Here is the result

- The opening gap between the tiles is to install the Uchanel inside for supporting the fixed glass panel.

- Big fat pipes . 2 pipes on the left and another one on the right (just for shower area alone)

euleaa.jpg152dyx2.jpg208iccl.jpg

Step up kerb for the inward opening glass door. I like the good job done by the tiler. His work has been immaculate so far. Lots of work involved because I shifted the direction of my shower glass door to an angle instead of straight. So they had to use cement to re-shape it, cut the tiles to do the job.

2w1v9mf.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Aircon Trunking

The dreaded trunking which drives us to tears. Instead of running the drainage pipes to the bathroom, the installer suggested to drain it to the kitchen basin trap We just need to have the plumber get an L-shape adaptor to have the water flow into the straight up kitchen drainage pipe.

As for the trunking itself, there is no escaping it so we miminise it by having the living room and dining room aircon installed back to back on the over hanging column. In this case, have to cut the hole at the false ceiling. Aiyah.. but then the trunking also needs to be crooked to facilitate flow... mama mia!!!!!! pulling my hair out!!!!

In this photo, you can see the distinct crookedness. the other pipe runs directly behind this column.

2wbydcp.jpg

Bedroom Drama - This is where it all started.... the trunk all the way out to the Hall and another pipe runs into the kitchen

qqpefd.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

Aircon Trunking

The dreaded trunking which drives us to tears. Instead of running the drainage pipes to the bathroom, the installer suggested to drain it to the kitchen basin trap We just need to have the plumber get an L-shape adaptor to have the water flow into the straight up kitchen drainage pipe.

As for the trunking itself, there is no escaping it so we miminise it by having the living room and dining room aircon installed back to back on the over hanging column. In this case, have to cut the hole at the flase ceiling. Aiyah.. but then the trunking also needs to be crooked to facilitate flow... mama mia!!!!!! pulling my hair out!!!!

Ugly trucking is unavoidable. sometimes after painting the trucking with the same paint color of the wall,it will not look so obvious.

Lux! I got a lot of comments! My house also short, thats why no ceiling fan! The gas reader, mine is humongous!! So have to hide in cabinet. As for the trunking, i wanted the 3rd aircon at the other side of the house but it will mean going through toilet and spoiling my tiles... so no go lor. Aiya, i think old hdb only we will understand the problems... working now so only can say so much... let me gather my thoughts... lol!.

Psst, u can drop by and compare!

Lux, I think you are smart! Put 2 aircon back to back on the beam... why I never thought of that?! Then i can have my 3 aircon... oh well... nmind save a bit $$. Your bedroom trunking similar but I wanted mine to be lower so the bed can camouflage them.

Bathroom: yours v big leh, 2 combine ah? just the low beam a bit bummer.. cannot remove ah? The copper pipes are what? Citygas? How come I dun have? Copper looks pretty, like your wall!

Likely will make use of hols to settle the lighting issue... will text you! 😁

Luxe, your tile for your toilet are so nice, and the tiles work are sooooo nice as well, the tiler really are a Pro.

Now I finally know why trunking for your house made u going crazy, my current rented place also like that,

trunking all over the place but after a while you won't even notice it is there, so don't stress yourself too much about it as well.

But again if your really can't take it, I think maybe you want to consider to box it up.

i believe so but installer said that I can consider to have a worktop there as well and will camou it better. If we intend to box up then it doesn't really matter which way so we just took his suggestion.

But now I am thinking the height could be too high for a worktop.

Can't the horizontal trunking just below the window be installed nearer the floor?

Fatcat, I have hacked the dividing wall and leaving the WC as open concept with no doors le.. very airy when doing business.. hahah

There is a vertical copper pipe in the WC area and cant be removed because it is the water supply from outside.. sian hor

The other 2 copper pipes are my hot/cold water supply which will ran all the way to my basin and heater storage.

Lux, I think you are smart! Put 2 aircon back to back on the beam... why I never thought of that?! Then i can have my 3 aircon... oh well... nmind save a bit $$. Your bedroom trunking similar but I wanted mine to be lower so the bed can camouflage them.

Bathroom: yours v big leh, 2 combine ah? just the low beam a bit bummer.. cannot remove ah? The copper pipes are what? Citygas? How come I dun have? Copper looks pretty, like your wall!

Likely will make use of hols to settle the lighting issue... will text you!

Edited by Luxexplorer

Fatcat, I have hacked the diving wall and leaving the WC as open concept with no doors le.. very airy when doing business.. hahah

There is a vertical copper pipe in the WC area and cant be removed because it is the water supply from outside.. sian hor

The other 2 copper pipes are my hot/cold water supply which will ran all the way to my basin and heater storage.

That's a super daring concept! :jawdrop: At least the steam won't accumulate in your toilet :notti: