Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

It was a very well kept unit abit the dated renovation probably more than 15 years old but since intended for a full renovation so wasnt too bothered about it. The first impression was the nice breeze and brightness to the unit which drawn me to it. In this block, I saw only 1 unit and that was it.

Renovation is so exciting as i cant wait to see how my colours combination are all going to turn out.. :idea:

Last minute also change the floor tiles ( still from Hup Kiong) to something I totally didn't consider at all.. all confirmed in 20 minutes and all the time spent looking for tiles were all for nothing..

Yes! Uncle seems to have taken care of the unit well. Lucky lucky! :)

Haha. It's ok, the time was helping you know better what you want - that's why you could make the decision quickly in the end.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow that is a million dollar view, how I wish I got a view like this!!! *droll *droll *droll *droll *droll

As Kara mention the condition of the unit are soooooooo good compare to mine.

All the best on your renovation.

Thanks everyone! The first time I saw that view it was sunset and it was gorgeous.

Lazyfatcat007, the approval for walls hacking are taking a long time compared to the floor. Almost all my walls are coming down except for the main frames and I don't know if it affects the long wait.I will also be * playing with thumbs* for at least 1.5 week before flooring can be completed.

We changed the floor tiles because the previous selection was a 20mmx120mm plank which i love but as a friendly tiler has told my BF about the warping he became very concern even though I am not too bothered by it. It is about expectations and usually it is worse in our mind than in reality. Haha
Although it is not my first choice but we decided to change to the 15x90mm plank. Guess something has to go; practical or aesthetic it always boils down to this.

Edited by Luxexplorer

OFF THE SOFA!!! I am sure they will be very surprise to hear me after thinking they can have a party on the sofa when i leave the flat! I know because the cushions are always on the floor when i get home :)

In fact, the presence of a camera may be sufficient to deter your helper from doing something funny. By the way, some models allow two way communication. Not sure if you can remotely give voice commands to your dog!

OFF THE SOFA!!! I am sure they will be very surprise to hear me after thinking they can have a party on the sofa when i leave the flat! I know because the cushions are always on the floor when i get home :)

I'm also thinking if I should install a camera in my house so I can see what my dog gets up to when he's left alone in the house...on the other hand, I'm a little scared to find out! Ignorance is bliss? :P

Probably sleeping all day..... on your bed .. LOL

I'm also thinking if I should install a camera in my house so I can see what my dog gets up to when he's left alone in the house...on the other hand, I'm a little scared to find out! Ignorance is bliss? :P

Twiddling thumbs for the whole week because the floor hacking was approved so its all completed but the wall hacking still pending and so nothing else can move forward... HDB ah.. what's going on??? Already 1 week has gone by and in the end I cant tahan so make a nice polite call to them to ask knowing very well being nasty will not help my case. At this rate, i will be lucky if I get my approval next week. How to complete the renovation by 20th December.. my poor contractor also headache now

I have a feeling it is overlooked by Mr uncle at HDB because after I called then he was like discovered something new in my file and said that my floor plan reflected another unit number which I should blanco it away. Alamak.. if I never call then nobody even let us know. This is my fault because the HDB website was down that day so I asked a friend to send me the floor plan since same block and same side unit and just gave to contractor.

Anyways I decided to get shopping because next week I will be away for trip till 6th December.

The much eluded sofa because there is a certain comfort I am looking considering how much time we spend "nau-ing" on it. By chance we end up at Kuka by Picket & Rail @ 25 Tagore Lane, served by Alex Tan. His service was good, non pushy and knowledgeable which I like. They have really good quality items and design.

Choosing between half leather sofa and full grain leather. As I used to be in a business which dealt with leather seats, I am well aware the difference of good quality leather such as Aniline or Alcantara

Half leather means that only the seat area are using real leather but the rest are all PU. Probably not that great difference since will not be touching other parts of the sofa very often but PU leather doesn't worn well and the crease lines looks more like crack lines.

This particular design has backrest which can be pushed back so we can be all stretched out. We can convert it to a bed should guest stay over. soft soft leather and plushy backrest

My heart went with the full grain leather in dark brown :sport-smiley-018:

KuKa Full Grain

16ids0p.jpg

Lux, my wall hacking is approved le.. application 16 nov, approved 20 nov. Maybe they overlooked?

Edited by Luxexplorer

I think if you like leather you really should go for full leather.

Because as you mention when PU having crack lines it is going to be so not nice liao.

Nextstep, yep I bought the full leather sofa even though its more psychological than other reason and since its the last piece + discount it was easier to make a decision. Your choice at 8k I think i will have to eat bread for a long long time.

Today spend almost 3 hours with Desmond #instardesign for finer details of lighting and switches location. He is also vey nice to arrange the tiler to come over to my flat to discuss and explain the tiles laying. Learn lots of things from both of them as they discuss and discuss the best way to maxmise space and aesthetic, With the layout of either random or neat - being OCD its easy to make the decision to go with neat layout ( the oen farther away from the shoe) . LOL

So today, we confirm the direction of the tiles, the preferred curb at door entrance (either step up, step down or flat) and also boxng up the toilet pipes. Tiler's suggestion is step up from outside entrance so that when town council wash floor, the water is not going to splash inside. For me I am thinking flat because it is easier for me to sweep dust out of the door to the dustpan but he laughed at me saying " who still use broom, isnt everyone using vaccum cleaner?" hheh

The plus point of going with this tile - MAGICA from Italy? Confirm cant see the dirt on the floor..... :notti:

6qb9yb.jpgw7omo.jpg

** Upper is random layout
** Lower is neat layout

Edited by Luxexplorer

I also chose to do slope down instead of step down because it's easier to wheel things / bring heavier things in and out of the house... Hopefully I don't regret my decision hahaha

Thanks Bykaranne for you kind words. Luckily I really like the tiles even though it was a last minute decision. This tiler is very funny la, he was saying lucky I didn't take 20x120 tile because very difficult to tile for HDB size.

I think it is a super good idea for slope down because such little details will only bug us when we need it :) I cant believe your home is almost complete after following the t-blog for so long...

I also chose to do slope down instead of step down because it's easier to wheel things / bring heavier things in and out of the house... Hopefully I don't regret my decision hahaha

Edited by Luxexplorer