Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

11.11 Purchase.

Such an important 11.11 for many to get some good deals and maybe thats why the reno t blog so quiet yesterday as everyone busy shopping izzit. I couldnt resist and join in the bandwagon for the first time using Peeka buy4u.I believe the shopping process will be the BEST part of home renovation!! :yeah: As usual didnt buy anything I need for the renovation which is starting next week.

1) Understand its ability to suck up dust from beds ad sofa is superb but a little loud. Lets see. Probably can share this between our family as I dont foresee myself doing this frequently.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=37717059720&toSite=main

2m6a59d.jpg

Vintage looking dustbin. Must have

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=523183540556&toSite=main

2who2kz.jpg

Practical buy for laundry area.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=45044188080&toSite=main

b80inl.jpg

Bedside hanging lights. There will be also downlights but usually we have a habit to only use a dim light in room.

33e08jq.jpg

Living room lights - Not planning to have any other lights except hanging bunch so opted for the 10 bulbs to light up the space.

5lzzig.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

heheh.. so easy to click & click. The bedroom light is a Tom Dixon chiong. Like his lights but cant afford the real thing le. I also like Louis Poulsen lights and that day went to MACSK at Mohd Sultan to see the lights...hands itchy... :no:

You buy more things than me. I just got small items

Loving the lighting especially the one on the 1st photo.

I am not sure as well but reckon with 10 bulbs is a lot so most importantly the light is able to be throw across the room.Will check with contractor when I meet him on monday as my hacking will start... yay!!!

Hey Lux, got the vacuum too thanks to recommendation of fellow tblogger... your living room lights are nice!! Enough for the room?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Here is the layout of my new home and I will be getting the keys in 10 days time as I have agreed to let current owner stayed on for a little longer.

As you can see, a simple old layout where there is a separate toilet and shower area. But what is great is the rooms are really big

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_71855_3_65525.png

Hi Luxeplorer

At my blog, we were discussing webcams. I looked at your layout. Am I correct that your unit is the one on the left and the front door is at the bottom right?

If so, one possible installation location would be the bottom right or left corner of the living room. A fixed camera in this location would be able to capture the entire living room plus main door and entrances to your two rooms and kitchen. Normally, the webcam is fixed at the ceiling level. So if you are serious about the webcam, you can consider making provisions by having a power point (or run a wire) there. Then for internet, a wired access there is preferred but strong WiFi signal there will suffice.

On breaking in, I was told that we are all barking at the wrong tree. We spent lots of time and money securing our main door, both wooden and grille. Actually, the thief also knows that. He knows you got double or triple locks plus security camera there. So, most thieves will not spend so much time trying to access the main door. Instead, they will climb in through your balcony, toilet opening etc.

Kstoh, The main door is the bottom right but I will hacking away bedroom 2 to become part of the living TV area. I believe there will be a overhead beam where can install the cam directly facing the entrance. That said, I have been thinking about it since reading your blog about the tilting and rotation of camera and will be good to see my part time helper occasionally along with my dogs. Bottom left (and left to the windows) looks like a good location to see the entire home all the way to open concept kitchen but will it be able to capture the face or the back of the burglar?
Really thanks for suggestion as I was very straight minded to think facing the main entrance directly.

As for thieves climbing windows , i really hope I don't come across such a garang one because I am on the 17th floor and being corner unit there is no safety net for him. Even i feel a little scare when looking down..LOL

Edited by Luxexplorer

heheh.. so easy to click & click. The bedroom light is a Tom Dixon chiong. Like his lights but cant afford the real thing le. I also like Louis Poulsen lights and that day went to MACSK at Mohd Sultan to see the lights...hands itchy... :no:

Mine is Gubi chiong :P

where to find $ too buy those real one.

That day went TOTO also see those Lightyears table lamp very tempted.

I have been thinking about it since reading your blog about the tilting and rotation of camera and will be good to see my part time helper occasionally along with my dogs. Bottom left (and left to the windows) looks like a good location to see the entire home all the way to open concept kitchen but will it be able to capture the face or the back of the burglar?

Really thanks for suggestion as I was very straight minded to think facing the main entrance directly.

In 2014, there were 1.2m households in Singapore and 360 reported cases of housebreaking and related crimes. The chance of a burglar breaking into your house is therefore 3 in 10,000. I would think the chance of your helper or dogs doing something funny would be far greater. In fact, the presence of a camera may be sufficient to deter your helper from doing something funny. By the way, some models allow two way communication. Not sure if you can remotely give voice commands to your dog!

Finally collected keys from uncle who has moved out the day before.
Last look before the hacking starts tomorrow...

View from the living room windows and bedroom 2
eq7op.jpg

View of the living hall from Entrance
2eevfuo.jpg

Living hall - From kitchen
kdrj82.jpg

Uncle's industrial style toilet :)
34qssg8.jpg

Extended yard area for washing machine.

wtuj3t.jpg

Tiny kitchen entrance to a equally tiny Kitchen - view from the hall
2wh0aht.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

It was a very well kept unit abit the dated renovation probably more than 15 years old but since intended for a full renovation so wasnt too bothered about it. The first impression was the nice breeze and brightness to the unit which drawn me to it. In this block, I saw only 1 unit and that was it.

Renovation is so exciting as i cant wait to see how my colours combination are all going to turn out.. :idea:

Last minute also change the floor tiles ( still from Hup Kiong) to something I totally didn't consider at all.. all confirmed in 20 minutes and all the time spent looking for tiles were all for nothing..

Edited by Luxexplorer

View from the living room windows and bedroom 2

eq7op.jpg

View of the living hall from Entrance

This view alone would have sold the flat for me!

It's not so small lah but I can see the 'unique' layout of first gen HDB.. all the more for us and our ID / contractors to work our magic. Have you got any drawings? I need to wait for HDB's aproval to start hacking.. lalala *play with thumbs*... shall stalk ur blog in the meantime!