Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Me a convert too!! Below S$400, really worth it.. thanks Kaki for the recommendation!

Sapphire, are you going for metal gate? Using digital lock as well?

Probably quicker if don't need drill too much? My place has the HDB installed door alr... Thanks thanks! I bought it yesterday too! How long did it take to be delivered?

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Me a convert too!! Below S$400, really worth it.. thanks Kaki for the recommendation!

Sapphire, are you going for metal gate? Using digital lock as well?

I've got a metal gate preinstalled with the BTO unit... Not sure if should get one for it too~ what do you think?

Is it too much? I was planning a normal lock though have seen digital lock on grill at Homefix. BUT will need to cater for space in between grill n door since 2 handles of the lock will be there...

Hey Sapphire89, I have seen many homes making the both digital locks for gates and main doors and Mr Lim he has also sells them if you want him to install at one go. SMS him and see what he says. Maybe cheaper since dont need to arrange 2 trips.
Do take note that yours might cost a little more as he would need to dismantle your old lock before new installation.

The delivery of the lock was super quick IMO since coming from Korean, it took about 5 days.

I've got a metal gate preinstalled with the BTO unit... Not sure if should get one for it too~ what do you think?

Since your door and gate is the last to change I will suggest purchasing the lock soonest so that the exact measurements can be taken. You know I am not having a gate but I have also ensure that future placement of gate will be able to do so should I change my mind later.

Is it too much? I was planning a normal lock though have seen digital lock on grill at Homefix. BUT will need to cater for space in between grill n door since 2 handles of the lock will be there...

Probably quicker if don't need drill too much? My place has the HDB installed door alr... Thanks thanks! I bought it yesterday too! How long did it take to be delivered?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Yes you need to do that, or you can place the gate opening and door opening is opposite direction.

my gate swing from left to right and my door swing from right to left so to make sure my gate can fit

KStoh, you are right on with this comment. Like what the locksmith had said, the cement will not be strong enough if only filled up and the frame eventually will be misalign causing further difficulty to close the door. Anyways all said, I am glad my contractor gave them **** and get them to have the door frame changed and done properly this time

Based on my limited experience, ideally the door frame concrete/cement should be one solid piece. Uf you repair, the plaster cement should be one continuous solid piece. If you affix the door frame and then try to fill the holes up with cement or plaster, the infilled parts will not be strong at all. It's merely cosmetic. After some time, especially with banging of doors, these parts will start dropping off, leaving gaps between the concrete and the door frame.

Edited by Luxexplorer

WALK- IN WARDROBE

Sorry for the toilet bowl still sitting in the room!

m1wli.jpg

Side angle in order to see the space for walking in. We were suppose to have the sliding door on the insides which requires 100mm for the doors but upon seeing the limited sapce on the back meant for TV area, we decided to shift the wardrobe forward and maximise every inch. At the moment, we have not finalise on the doors, whether if curtains or sliding doors on the outside. Will be shfiting the switch inside.

28ujus8.jpg

Mirror image ofn the opposites sides of the wardrobe. No more fighting for wardrobe space

2qkotbb.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

KITCHEN CABINETS

Cooking area - Fujioh slim SL900 and a Teka Hob

30msvfk.jpg

The L shape sideboard came in the wrong colour as I wanted the same with white and the shelving to be in wood.But it came entirely in wood laminate and the colour wasnt even chosen by us.

The wine holder also sala but possibly my fault as I drew only 1 line across since I dont know the exact measurements then thinking they will understand its for wine and have them measured inti cubes accordingly. In the end we decided to accept it and we will either stacked the wine or lined the wine straight.. really boo boo

The 2 bigger shelves are for all my alcohol :drunk:

14xcosp.jpg

My Baobei Kraus sink. I love the curve edges on the inside which i believe provides a smoother flow when washing the sink. BF is complaining how come the house so small and I bought everything super large size including the sink

10wtvuq.jpg

Contractor told me cannot "Tu liao" as due for measurement. I know I want to stick to the white shade but minimise the chance for it to turning yellowish be it guarantee or not. So in the end , narrow down to marble or granite looking..Pulsar vs Atlantic Salt

3346w4l.jpg

Next Up: LIGHTS

Anyone knows what is the best height for the bedside hanging lights?

2qnqgat.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

French doors in front of the WIW would be gorgeous! I've been toying with the idea of adding French doors to my home ;)

Anyway, love your bedside lamps too. Very very pretty!

Seems a little tight at entrance as the corners are rather deep in so I will keep this area for my bulky items of suitcases,backpacks etc..because I have not store room so I need a place to keep the bigger items

Nice!! But the corners will be a bit tight?

Edited by Luxexplorer

Hey Chang, temporary will be open concept as we want to see how neat we can keep the wardrobes. If cant tahan then we will add on the sliding doors or whatever more reasonably price options. The renovation has already taken off one arm of mine

open concept wardrobe? Nice

Kara, french doors are those with the glass? If I do add the doors it will have to cover up the mess inside. Anyone can tell me where I can buy reasonable price doors? To make a louvre door cost me $1200- 1400 per panel. Plywood i was told it will warp quite soon. Glass door is out for me as I don't want others to see the mess inside.

Really cracking my brains on other options ; such as fabric panels or how about venetian blind when I need to cover then I just put it down (just like the windows)? I cant imagine it ...

French doors in front of the WIW would be gorgeous! I've been toying with the idea of adding French doors to my home ;)

Anyway, love your bedside lamps too. Very very pretty!

Hey Chang, temporary will be open concept as we want to see how neat we can keep the wardrobes. If cant tahan then we will add on the sliding doors or whatever more reasonably price options. The renovation has already taken off one arm of mine

Kara, french doors are those with the glass? If I do add the doors it will have to cover up the mess inside. Anyone can tell me where I can buy reasonable price doors? To make a louvre door cost me $1200- 1400 per panel. Plywood i was told it will warp quite soon. Glass door is out for me as I don't want others to see the mess inside.

Really cracking my brains on other options ; such as fabric panels or how about venetian blind when I need to cover then I just put it down (just like the windows)? I cant imagine it ...

You may consider normal blinds as there are many colors to choose from and it's a cheaper option.