Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

I believe your WIW walls is hollow inside so it will not be able to take the weight of any doors that you are going to install on it. U hv to try to mount to the ceiling. That leave you to venetian blind, which I feel will be too heavy for a full height blind, thinking of pulling the blind up require so much strength you will not bother to close it next time. Install a curtain track inside the door and curtains open to left and right and will be hidden from view from outside when not in use. If you managed to installed glass door, you can use opaque glass laminate to paste on the glass for privacy. Just my suggestion.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for all the suggestions Looprevil and Andotang.

The last time contractor secure all the heavy duty long screw-like on to the ceiling and its strong enough to secure sliding doors so that option still available. Roller blinds and curtains will be really a practical viable option. Have to google and see how they look.

I will move in first and decide after new year and now it is a bad time to make anymore changes and a rushed job means a risk of bad job.

PS: Adventure , PM you already

Hello KSToh - quickly just to let you know that Silestone do offer some sort of warranty against discolouration..they said you can contact your ID company supplier to revert the issue and they will follow up on it. Since they work directly with ID and contractors only

Just so that you know, I used really white Silestone counter top for my kitchen and also toilets. Initially it was so white that I complained that my Toto basin was off white. Two years on, I find that my Toto is still looking as white as day one but my Silestone has all changed colour to off white.

Edited by Luxexplorer

One of our more expensive item bought for the home. the LG OLED 55"

We bought it from Gain City @ Marina Square as recommended by Nextstep because the pricing is really good! We also found the sales person Mohammed Herwin to be super enthusiastic. We asked a lot of silly questions about soundbars and he was still equally happy to answer our questions. *Thumbs up for service.

We chose the OLED because the curved screen is not made up of plastic and offers little distortion compared to the others when viewing from side angles.

28tdnol.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

LIGHTING PROGRESS:-

My T&J matt switches are up! This 2 switches have no casing because I have asked the contractor to embed the wires into the wall. Not just aesthetically pleasing but it is also behind my swing glass ktichen door so feel it is better that it doesnt knock into the switches too often.
You can get the switches at Poh Khoon Electrica at 21 Hamilton Road. Xiao Di is very helpful and pricing is good. They even have the copper colour and good for those who want a different look.

2h6x6hf.jpg

My TB AJ wall lights - I like them very very much! I still have 1 extra piece for anyone who would like to buy over. PM me.

http://world.taobao.com/item/19053134442.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.1414651174895.4.TXmnQv&scm=1007.10146.6070.0&id=19053134442&pvid=5be362a0-337e-4bc1-8716-6be79948efe5

2gtyzd5.jpg2zhnlec.jpg

Downlights in the dining area (original living hall) / Entryway -
All lit up and the brightness is more than enough
dyq8tl.jpg

My Samsung door lock is finally back up to the door. Now my contractor can sleep at night and not worry that my new applicances wll be cart off while using the temporary door.
I am facing a lot of issues with my door frame and door due to the old hollow walls.. after fixing it and re-pumping in the cement, the door frame got "pregnant again" for the 2nd time and having difficulty closing. What a nightmare!
This door has been badly traumatised even before I move in. :dunno: i am surprise the Samsung lock still can managed smiley face after what it has gone through... LOL

nvr6vm.jpg

My contractor's worker is really good because if he sees that my light has white casing and I have black conduits, he will just sprayed them for me (even though I was suppose to DIY)... heheh
Tomorrow they will continue with the bedroom lights installation and also the feature wall and a partiion behind the walk in wardrobe.

Edited by Luxexplorer

One of our more expensive item bought for the home. the LG OLED 55"

We bought it from Gain City @ Marina Square as recommended by Nextstep because the pricing is really good! We also found the sales person Mohammed Herwin to be super enthusiastic. We asked a lot of silly questions about soundbars and he was still equally happy to answer our questions. *Thumbs up for service.

We chose the OLED because the curved screen is not made up of plastic and offers little distortion compared to the others when viewing from side angles.

28tdnol.jpg

wow my dream TV, how much you pay for it?

U go for the 4K model ah?? RICH leh you hehehe!!!

Happy for you, uncle finally come to fix your lock for you.

Yours lock looks a bit different from mine, don't think mine got smiley face.

Hello KSToh - quickly just to let you know that Silestone do offer some sort of warranty against discolouration..they said you can contact your ID company supplier to revert the issue and they will follow up on it. Since they work directly with ID and contractors only

Thanks. Not sure if I want to pursue the matter. Irritates me but I don't think there is any solution.

Yo.. I chose to pay for TV rather than somone to hold my hands... different la.. you have tender loving care!

My Samsung is rosegold and domestic model.. maybe thats why so "gwi-yeo-wo-yo'

wow my dream TV, how much you pay for it?

U go for the 4K model ah?? RICH leh you hehehe!!!

Happy for you, uncle finally come to fix your lock for you.

Yours lock looks a bit different from mine, don't think mine got smiley face.

Yo.. I chose to pay for TV rather than somone to hold my hands... different la.. you have tender loving care!

My Samsung is rosegold and domestic model.. maybe thats why so "gwi-yeo-wo-yo'

I need lots of love mah!!! so need TLC lor,

Btw I am glad that you love their service at Gain City.

LIGHTING PROGRESS:-

My T&J matt switches are up! This 2 switches have no casing because I have asked the contractor to embed the wires into the wall. Not just aesthetically pleasing but it is also behind my swing glass ktichen door so feel it is better that it doesnt knock into the switches too often.

You can get the switches at Poh Khoon Electrica at 21 Hamilton Road. Xiao Di is very helpful and pricing is good. They even have the copper colour and good for those who want a different look.

My TB AJ wall lights - I like them very very much! I still have 1 extra piece for anyone who would like to buy over. PM me.

http://world.taobao.com/item/19053134442.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.1414651174895.4.TXmnQv&scm=1007.10146.6070.0&id=19053134442&pvid=5be362a0-337e-4bc1-8716-6be79948efe5

Downlights in the dining area (original living hall) / Entryway -

All lit up and the brightness is more than enough

My Samsung door lock is finally back up to the door. Now my contractor can sleep at night and not worry that my new applicances wll be cart off while using the temporary door.

I am facing a lot of issues with my door frame and door due to the old hollow walls.. after fixing it and re-pumping in the cement, the door frame got "pregnant again" for the 2nd time and having difficulty closing. What a nightmare!

This door has been badly traumatised even before I move in. :dunno: i am surprise the Samsung lock still can managed smiley face after what it has gone through... LOL

My contractor's worker is really good because if he sees that my light has white casing and I have black conduits, he will just sprayed them for me (even though I was suppose to DIY)... heheh

Tomorrow they will continue with the bedroom lights installation and also the feature wall and a partiion behind the walk in wardrobe.

My lock getting delivered tomorrow!! Haha! Any issues using considering it's all in Korean?

Looking good your place. Nearly wanted to buy the black lamp you have extra of from TB too.. but realised don't need~

Hey ! Looks like almost done and yet still a lot not done :) The kitchen countertop, vanity solid top, box up of piping in toilet, feature wall, then plumber , then tiler, then aircon, and my 2 glass doors, the wall touch up,...then CLEANING!!!!

Kaki! Ur unit so bright... n Samsung can smile ah?? So cute!! Like mostly done alr right? Yay!!!

Thanks sapphire89! Lots of sweat and brain cells kill in the process of renovation. I like the AJ wall light so much that I bought already then "gian" where to put them. But before reno starts, I have always visualized my flat to be bigger till all my items arrived and i discovered too big or order too many:)
No problem in Korean at all as Mr Lim knows the lock inside out and he will teach you how to use it.

My lock getting delivered tomorrow!! Haha! Any issues using considering it's all in Korean?

Looking good your place. Nearly wanted to buy the black lamp you have extra of from TB too.. but realised don't need~

Edited by Luxexplorer

Hey ! Looks like almost done and yet still a lot not done :) The kitchen countertop, vanity solid top, box up of piping in toilet, feature wall, then plumber , then tiler, then aircon, and my 2 glass doors, the wall touch up,...then CLEANING!!!!

Thanks sapphire89! Lots of sweat and braincells kill in the process of renovation. I like the AJ wall light so much that I bought already then "gian" where to pu them. But befoe reno starts, I have always visualised my flat to be bigger till all my items arrived and i discover too big or order too many:)

No problem in korean at all as Mr Lim knows the lock inside out and he will teach you how to use it.

I have stopped myself from buying anymore things for the moment and will only continue to buy when my house hands over.. I think I've also overgauged the size of the place after renovation so you're not alone :P

How long did you beforehand did you make an appointment with Mr Lim?