Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My Amazon loots has arrived. First time buying something from Amazon, suddenly felt like 10year old kid unwrapping Xmas presents. Excited!

med_gallery_71361_926_79073.jpg

All these were junk into 1 large carton box with no packing. The lotion bottle had a scratch at the pump head as it does not have individual box. Amazon customer service was excellent, immediately provided FOC piece on priority shipment to me.

Really dig the Simplehuman and Moen stuff, the moen bathroom accessories looked pretty good quality despite its price of a couple of USD each.

Edit: the amazon replacement for the lotion bottle had the same problem, it was not wrapped and sustained scratches to the pump head... requested for refund.

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I eventually ended up buying this.

TB2akA0epXXXXXXXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!1648684527

But this also seem pretty elegant as well... Though i would prefer it not having a matt surface in the middle. Choices choices...

TB2QHtgfFXXXXbLXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!709896070.

Edited by Changbp

Yeah was afraid the 3rd one may be too overwhelming for my design so ended with buying the classic ones. Couldn't decide :dunno: which of the 2 to buy so bought both to see if the actual item would be a better match to my shaker style kitchen cabinet. One of them will probably end up on carousel after ... or use for a handle makeover the next year :notti:

Just realised i've been yaking away without posting my floor plan. Not much demolition, just hack 1 wall between Bedroom 2 and living room and erect back an 800mm height wall and close the opening with framed glass panels or sliding windows :D:jammin:.... Yes... between the living room and the bedroom i am thinking of putting in powder coated 4 panel sliding windows. Very Unorthodox... I wonder if this is possible?

med_gallery_71361_926_37402.jpg

Anyway... Here's the concept for the Kids Room which is bedroom2.

Room Color
Its either pure white like the following pictures below(maintaining may be a problem :deal: ) and with just 1 small wall section on the right side of the window having wall paper with light brown/yellow/cream tint with some squirrel running after acorns (something like ice age)

Lights:
1 Main light and probably some fun lights on the wall near the bed
This is the main light. Just ordered this one with remote for infinite color + dimmable.
TB2cgNQcFXXXXbIXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2006036857

The bed...
Since childhood i've always yearned to sleep in a loft bed. No chance though... So getting one for my kid to sleep & play in sort of fulfils my childhood dream.

This will be placed with the position of the bed perpendicular to the master bedroom wall like in this E.ko picture. Unfortunately putting it parallel to that wall like the 2nd picture will open up more space in the center of the room but I will no longer be able to open the cupboard.

Its either to buy the Kimono E.ko series, or a cheaper option which needs some DIY to make it look attractive would be an ikea Kura hack.

Series_Eko.jpg

Captura-de-pantalla-2015-09-15-a-las-22.

The Wardrobe.

Shaker Style with bookcase. This will be on the right side of the door as in this picture by the association.
med_gallery_71361_926_164201.png

Full height built in cupboards and kids room doesn't seem to gel. So have to incorporate some fun elements in it.
Replace the knobs on the cupboards with this cute ones. I bought from Excel hardware but regretted a week after as i later saw on TB selling @ 1/8th the price of excel.... Bang balls :curse: .

med_gallery_71361_926_317828.png

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

The bed...

Since childhood i've always yearned to sleep in a loft bed. No chance though... So getting one for my kid to sleep & play in sort of fulfils my childhood dream.

This will be placed with the position of the bed perpendicular to the master bedroom wall like in this E.ko picture. Unfortunately putting it parallel to that wall like the 2nd picture will open up more space in the center of the room but I will no longer be able to open the cupboard.

Series_Eko.jpg

How about putting it flush against the window? But of course, make sure there are solid window grilles that are permanently locked.

1st day of Work.

Suppose to start at auspicious time 11-12noon but a screw up already happen even before I reached the place. ID whatsapp me to informed there was no power!?!?... Ok, after calling the BSC, in the end luckily it was found that the mains circuit outside the house was not activated and that fixed the problem. Strange the SP booklet stuck to the CB inside the house clearly states that water and electricity are already activated. There was no water too :curse: ... but that's another story.

Started hack works at 1105am. I have also arranged to meet Aircon guy at 11.30pm. Never realised the ID also arranged the Plumber and Tiler too. All 3 came at the same time and with my phone keep ringing, it was chaos for a while. The hacker was asked to come back again later while the plumber started removing all the bathroom stuff and we talked to the tiler on my ideas for the bathroom tile overlay. Unfortunately for Tim(the aircon guy), he was the last to arrive so he had to wait... Thanks for his patience to wait for his turn to discuss on aircon piping route so everything panned out nicely.

This is going way way faster than i thought. Just on day 1, all demolition, WC and sanitary ware removed. Storage heater mounted, Tiling and Aircon discussed. I didn't even clearly see who were the plumbers... they left as quickly as they came. I only realise after talking to Tim about the aircon water piping to the toilet and I noticed the toilet was unusually bare and that the WC, basins are already in the bomb shelter.

Demolition - the way the wall was cut up and broken off in squares makes it look like carrot cake frying process.

med_gallery_71361_926_49172.jpg

Done hacking.

med_gallery_71361_926_7981.jpg

The View. (Pics are taken from the skygarden a couple of floors below mine). if only I had a balcony... :sport-smiley-018:

med_gallery_71361_926_102598.jpg

40L AOSmith digital storage heater in service yard.

med_gallery_71361_926_123660.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Tiles for Master Bathroom.

sml_gallery_71361_926_123398.jpg

Tiles for Common Bathroom. (There is an additional thin accent tile not pictured- no sample)

sml_gallery_71361_926_31969.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Closet design for kids room. (similar to "the association" picture). Top portion caters to aircon trunking running thru it.

med_gallery_71361_926_87690.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links