Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The tile cut-out in the common bath looks super duper strange and different from the ones in the master bathroom... The explanation was that the surrounding gradient of the flooring would cause water pooling so additional cuts were made to create a slope for water to drain off...

The tiler placed the spirit level and the surrounding tiles while showing me.... the explanation was sound and it actually is more work to do it this way but I've never seen tiling like this before.

This is under the sink so still okay.

gallery_71361_9_83060.jpg

Wah!!! This one I lagi cannot accept. Need to fix this one even if it means orchard road ponding. :no:

gallery_71361_9_12024.jpg

The floor tiles in all my wet shower areas are cut in the manner as shown in your top picture. It does its job.

All other tiles including toilet floor but outside the shower area have straight cuts. As per your second picture but without the two additional diagonal cuts.

One question I have: since you redo the floor, is it not possible to embed the aircon drainage pipe below the floor tiles?

Edited by Ks Toh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The floor tiles in all my wet shower areas are cut in the manner as shown in your top picture. It does its job.

All other tiles including toilet floor but outside the shower area have straight cuts. As per your second picture but without the two additional diagonal cuts.

One question I have: since you redo the floor, is it not possible to embed the aircon drainage pipe below the floor tiles?

Good point. Didn't think of this earlier.

It's an overlay though as HDB don't allow hack within 5 years. I'm not sure if the floor would be significantly raised to accommodate the pipe.

If I could go back in time I would have had the aircon piping all done up before any other works(carpentry, masonry) to even start site survey.

Edited by Changbp

I have asked my ID and aircon man if the aircon pipes could be buried under the tiles. They advised against it as any cracks in the pipes would mean flooding below the tiles and rectification would means hacking... i guess is looks over practicality.

Btw bro, I think we have the same subway tiles..lol

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

I have renovated 3 times and everytime my aircon discharge pipes are embedded below the tiles. I never encounter any problem. These pipes carry a small amount of discharge, only when the aircon is operating and they are not pressurized unlike normal water pipes. Risk of serious leakage from these pipes should be very low. Most leakages are at the blower area.

But if you overlay, I guess there is insufficient depth to embed the pipe.

Edited by Ks Toh

The tile was redone... and pictured with the grill.

gallery_71361_9_10409.jpgmed_gallery_71361_9_82831.jpg

Similar(slightly different pattern) strainer in the common bath too.

gallery_71361_9_53649.pngmed_gallery_71361_9_7625.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

Master Bath with sliding shower screen. This i suppose is pretty standard. You can see the Xmas feature wall(column rather) on the right.

med_gallery_71361_9_27594.jpg

Pardon the whitish dirt on the floor. I had the tiler clean off excess grout from surface of the swimming pool tiles. The cabinet drawers were taken out to facilitate plumbing sometime coming week.

gallery_71361_9_15457.jpg

Wet area with swimming pool tiles. Picture here does no justice to the swimming pool tile. it has the kind of cracked spider web glass look. Solid!

sml_gallery_71361_9_35489.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed image links

the U brackets holding the storage heater has already started rusting (and I haven't had the piping plumbed yet :angry: ...) Supposed to be stainless steel too.

Oh well, its free. So i did some DIY. :paint:

Happen to walk past selffix so i bought Hamerite (Direct to Rust) paint. Gold finish. A wire brush to remove excess rust off the screw threads and brackets and a 1" nippon paint brush. 1" because the bracket is about an inch wide. The Nippon paint brush sucks, don't buy it. The bristles started coming out and sticking to my paint job after only a few strokes.

gallery_71361_7_15003.jpg

The nut at the top needs touch-up, need a smaller brush... While doing this, I realise the painter did not do a good job, did not mask my storage heater while painting. Can see some paint marks on my heater and also the corner of my drying rack. :furious:

gallery_71361_7_28081.jpg

The outcome. Brushed Look Gold brackets to hold the storage heater. :sport-smiley-004: I did a much cleaner job than a supposedly professional painter. :D

gallery_71361_7_18415.jpg

Edited by Changbp
Fixed imagelinks

Yeah, thought about removing the tank but decided against it as I didnt bring a wrench and i was alone. Not worth the trouble anyway. The rust will just be an eyesore but would not be significant since its stainless steel. Since its inside I would not be seen anyway.

I couldn't reach the wall screws on the inside wall either. That I believe may need to be checked more often as that has higher possibility of heavy rust as its steel with some form of treatment. Blue zinc or similar. Not as good as a stainless steel one.

hello changbp,

I'm renovating my house too, i notice you got a AOS storage heater, how many litre did you get and is it digital? I'm not sure whether to get digital cos the price is ex, was quoted $650 for 40litre digital.

by the way, i was trying to find reviews on the AOS digital water storage heater but can't seem to find any. Looks like it is still new in the market.

hello changbp,

I'm renovating my house too, i notice you got a AOS storage heater, how many litre did you get and is it digital? I'm not sure whether to get digital cos the price is ex, was quoted $650 for 40litre digital.

Yes, it's digital 40L.

hmmm... your quote is cheaper than mine. I paid $680. Moreover I was told it was fixed price when I asked for a discount. :curse:

I believe the storage heater should last at least 10 years, however the control panel might not. Probably just a lil longer than the warranty period if lucky.

I dunno if they included gst or not.... I ended up taking 30litre normal tank at $340 + gst cos my MIL didn't want rain shower n prefer instant heater so I will have e storage tank connected to master bath heater switch which saves me e trouble of having to go outside to switch on e heater. Hope e storage heater lasts more than 10 yrs cos they r using diamond glass

I have the 40 liter storage heater but not the digital display. It has a hot/ cold display outside though - like what you find in your car dashboard display. The needle moves from left (cold) to right (hot). It can keep the hot water for quite a while (maybe 8 hours) and quite fast to heat up.

Edited by Khng