Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Galloping Ps, u guys have some nice ideas i might want to copy!!:) Cld u pls share with me the quotation u got for the kitchen cabinets wth blum fittings (pfr)? Also i wld like to know the seperate cost for 1) hacking wall of gaming room and 2) the cost of glass+aluminuim grill the contractor installed? It's turned out amazing! I know it's quite a few things i'm asking but i'm counting on this info to help me. Thanks a lot!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 4/7/2016 at 5:10 PM, GallopingPuffin said:

The switches/sockets themselves as well as the labour to change them are not expensive. What is expensive is the moving of switches and socket points, addition of new points etc. Each point can be about $100 because they need to hack the wall or ceiling and pull the cables and hack out a new socket. So if u factor in the changes for the entire house it can add up to a substantial amount.

Labour cost to install ceiling fan is around $50~$60 each

Thanks GallopingPuffin! You are right that the new sockets/switches are the expensive ones.. Also, I want to put LAN point in every room, for that they have quoted me 150 SGD per point. Seems quite expensive as well. Lastly, for fan installation since I currently do not have any points to hang the fan, they are charging almost 150-180 bucks for each new fan point. Sigh.. the costs add up to quite a bit that way...

On 1/23/2016 at 2:09 AM, GallopingPuffin said:

Bidet%20spray_zps1gebsqkg.jpg

Excellent bidet spray from Taobao. Powerful water pressure, despite having a slim and sleek profile!

May I check whether the spray comes out narrow and focused, so it hits bull's eye easily ....lol. If so, I like to get it too.

I think your contractor is very resourceful. Pls pm me his contact. Thanks!

On 4/10/2016 at 9:10 AM, alprakas said:

Thanks GallopingPuffin! You are right that the new sockets/switches are the expensive ones.. Also, I want to put LAN point in every room, for that they have quoted me 150 SGD per point. Seems quite expensive as well. Lastly, for fan installation since I currently do not have any points to hang the fan, they are charging almost 150-180 bucks for each new fan point. Sigh.. the costs add up to quite a bit that way...

Have to consider the costs and benefits of putting a LAN point in every room :ph34r: see whether it is really necessary!

4 hours ago, Stream said:

May I check whether the spray comes out narrow and focused, so it hits bull's eye easily ....lol. If so, I like to get it too.

I think your contractor is very resourceful. Pls pm me his contact. Thanks!

Yes the spray comes out narrow and focused, and rather powerful:D

12 hours ago, GallopingPuffin said:

Have to consider the costs and benefits of putting a LAN point in every room :ph34r: see whether it is really necessary!

:D Well yeah, that is surely a good point, but I really do not trust Wi-Fi for stable connections or lack thereof. Lets see, likely the wallet will dictate the number of points in the end. 

5 minutes ago, alprakas said:

:D Well yeah, that is surely a good point, but I really do not trust Wi-Fi for stable connections or lack thereof. Lets see, likely the wallet will dictate the number of points in the end. 

If it helps, I was also seriously considering getting 5 LAN points in our place, particularly cos we have 2 floors to think about. But husband was skeptical. My point was that we should have one point in the living room (for TV etc) and one point maybe at the kitchen or the dining room (he gave me this LOOK at the mention of the kitchen and I gave a weak "smart home"?), and then at least one in each of the bedrooms upstairs. His point was that we all are used to wireless connections anyway, you're going to end up connecting a router to the LAN points anyway. I pointed out our kids when we have them and when they grow up might use LAN to their computers. He pointed out that's about 10 years down the road and who knows whether Cat 6 would still be viable then.

So our compromise is to have 2 LAN points and the existing TP at the dining room, one at the living room, one at the hallway on the 2nd floor, and stick a router on the 2nd floor hallway for all three bedrooms.

I think if you have existing uses for actual LAN points in all of your rooms for now, it's a great idea. For us, it was a matter of scaling back because our needs are in the future and we didn't want to lock ourselves into a possible-outdated-tech-by-then.

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 1:47 PM, GallopingPuffin said:

So over the past 2 weeks, we were busy with choosing our electrical appliances and receiving deliveries etc! Chemical washing was also completed; though the floor still feels a bit dusty even after mopping everyday :lol: Defects were minor and few (mainly with carpentry, just a few scratches here and there that could be covered up easily), and they were dealt with promptly by our contractor! We are still in the process of moving in things bit by bit, and sourcing for more furniture, though we estimate to fully move in only in May :D Some photos to share!

IMG_5246_zps66btl9ro.jpg

Still undecided on our living room TV console :huh:

IMG_5248_zpsvgrgw8fl.jpg

Our 1.8m long dining table! At first we thought it would be too long (with the chairs) but it turned out great!

IMG_5290_zpsf0ylf64e.jpg

IMG_5288_zps5nuyfa5z.jpg

Really love the warm glow of the Edison bulbs:wub:

IMG_5257_zps3hvyjlpp.jpg

Our nesting table, Tiffany blue sofa from Castlery. Cushions from Taobao!:dancingqueen:

IMG_5283_zpsjqrid9ql.jpg

IMG_5258_zpsflpik7xe.jpg

Comfortable bar chairs from Castlery!

IMG_5259_zpsvzmww6nk.jpg

IMG_5260_zpsmyhb9jpr.jpg

IMG_5280_zps3dkvjp2j.jpg

IMG_5267_zpsuzy2xlur.jpg

Our entertainment room!

IMG_5265_zpsksvxoxlv.jpg

Bean bag lounge chair set!

IMG_5274_zpsvh0chssa.jpg

Hi, do you still install ceiling lights to your bathroom?  What kind kind of light do you have inside the box up?

On 4/14/2016 at 9:19 PM, Sago said:

Hi, do you still install ceiling lights to your bathroom?  What kind kind of light do you have inside the box up?

Hey! I installed ceiling light as well since there's already a lighting point there. I have T5 LEDs inside the box up! :DWarm white. Really changes the ambience of the bathroom, makes it feel less sterile. :P

2 hours ago, lovejade said:

hi, is that a charging stand for the ipad and iphone? can share the link?

Hi, that's not a true charging stand per se. You can place the devices on it, and the charging cables are hidden in the box so that they look less messy. Here is the link:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=520453326821&toSite=main

On 3/30/2016 at 11:39 PM, spiritualjoy said:

Appreciate if you can share w me ur contractor. Looking into a similar style but was quoted significantly more for shaker style cabinet. Same reason as someone else have mentioned, not everyone can do this kind of carpentary.thanks in advance! 

On 3/31/2016 at 4:21 AM, megafish said:

Really like your home design especially the flooring and kitchen! Hope you can kindly share your contractor contact with me. Thanks so much!

On 4/6/2016 at 7:16 AM, Funfun said:

Hi Gal, 

Nice renovation. Could you PM me your contractor's contact no, please?

Thanks.

Sorry for late replies! PM-ed!