Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear Gall!

Could you please share the link that you purchased this wooden rack and glass bottle? And could you share the link on taobao that you bought those porcelain, wooden tray, table cloth, glassware cause they look amazing. Thank you

You have done an amazing job, love your home

On 3/13/2016 at 0:47 PM, GallopingPuffin said:

IMG_5260_zpsmyhb9jpr.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haven't been here for awhile and came over to see everything all nicely done up. It's super gorgeous!!! I feel a new surge of motivation now, haha (can you tell I'm suuuper exhausted).
Btw, love the photos that you've taken. What camera are you using? :)

On 3/23/2016 at 2:48 PM, brightsun said:

Dear Gall!

Could you please share the link that you purchased this wooden rack and glass bottle? And could you share the link on taobao that you bought those porcelain, wooden tray, table cloth, glassware cause they look amazing. Thank you

You have done an amazing job, love your home

Hey there! The wooden rack and glass bottle are actually from Ikea heh heh. Could not resist buying when we saw them! As for taobao,

Wooden tray (think u are referring to the serving tray?) : https://item.taobao.com/auction/noitem.htm?itemid=520861864200&catid=0&ft=t&toSite=main 

Glassware (double walled cups):  https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&id=37654949884&toSite=main

Dont think we bought any tablecloths :D

3 hours ago, owlNbear said:

Haven't been here for awhile and came over to see everything all nicely done up. It's super gorgeous!!! I feel a new surge of motivation now, haha (can you tell I'm suuuper exhausted).
Btw, love the photos that you've taken. What camera are you using? :)

Hey long time no see! Thanks!!! We were super glad that everything turned out great! :P hang in there!

Btw I used a Canon 70D with a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens :D

39482d73-57f5-4963-92d5-fba9d3603f7d_zps 

We finally decided on our living room TV console! Pencil legs with a light natural colour, matches our nesting table as well as the wooden legs of our sofa :P 

Floor is still dusty despite the windows being closed all the time, not sure where all this dust is coming from :~

As mentioned, we have not officially moved in but we have had a few awesome gatherings at our new abode! Initially I was worried whether our 22K BTU aircon unit would be sufficient to cool our living room + kitchen area; it turned out that my worries were unwarranted :P 

Our gas hob has been connected, and we have been cooking up a feast (or two) in the kitchen! Bosch hob is awesome as well. No issues with the smells from the cooking despite the open concept kitchen, because our unit is quite windy and airy!

Loving our home so far! (TIME TO DO MORE SHOPPING ON TAOBAO :yeah:)

Edited by GallopingPuffin

Appreciate if you can share w me ur contractor. Looking into a similar style but was quoted significantly more for shaker style cabinet. Same reason as someone else have mentioned, not everyone can do this kind of carpentary.thanks in advance! 

On 3/29/2016 at 10:20 AM, xhomesweethomex said:

looking good! no intention of putting  up curtains in the living? :D

love how the sofa colour brightens up the earthy tones. :P

Hey! Yeah we were thinking we need a splash of colour to balance out the neutral colours of grey, white and brown haha. But Penguin thinks it's a tad too bright for her liking:lol:

We are planning to put blinds for the living room! Will be up next week!!

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to check about the Legrand sockets and switches, do you guys remember how much did they charge you per socket? I just got my electrical quotation and it looks crazy.. 4K plus, I have no idea why so expensive, so I am trying to understand that.. Thanks!

23 hours ago, alprakas said:

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to check about the Legrand sockets and switches, do you guys remember how much did they charge you per socket? I just got my electrical quotation and it looks crazy.. 4K plus, I have no idea why so expensive, so I am trying to understand that.. Thanks!

I changed whole house 2 rm to legrand millia, those switches and socket from choo chiang marketing are very cheap, like 2 to 4 dollars each, i spend less then $200 in total for my house, and ID charged me $200 for labour charge to change, so total I spent less then $400 to get it done. 2 way switch slightly more expensive.

On 4/6/2016 at 9:06 AM, andotang said:

I changed whole house 2 rm to legrand millia, those switches and socket from choo chiang marketing are very cheap, like 2 to 4 dollars each, i spend less then $200 in total for my house, and ID charged me $200 for labour charge to change, so total I spent less then $400 to get it done. 2 way switch slightly more expensive.

Thank andotang for the information. Yeah that was my thought as well. Not sure what these guys are upto... I have asked another electrician to come and take a look this coming Tuesday, lets see what they say... 

By the way, how much do you think they charge for installing a ceiling fan with lights? Thanks!

5 hours ago, alprakas said:

Thank andotang for the information. Yeah that was my thought as well. Not sure what these guys are upto... I have asked another electrician to come and take a look this coming Tuesday, lets see what they say... 

By the way, how much do you think they charge for installing a ceiling fan with lights? Thanks!

The switches/sockets themselves as well as the labour to change them are not expensive. What is expensive is the moving of switches and socket points, addition of new points etc. Each point can be about $100 because they need to hack the wall or ceiling and pull the cables and hack out a new socket. So if u factor in the changes for the entire house it can add up to a substantial amount.

Labour cost to install ceiling fan is around $50~$60 each

Edited by GallopingPuffin

On 19 December 2015 at 11:24 AM, GallopingPuffin said:

Some updates about our purchases from Hoe Kee! :dancingqueen:

Kitchen Sink: Blanco Pleon 8 Single Bowl

hoe%20kee%20sink_zpscjxg78e5.jpg

Initially we went into the shop gunning for a stainless steel sink, but was swayed by how sleek the Blanco granite sinks looked. And they appear to be more solid than stainless steel sinks.

Kitchen sink mixer: Roz (I think) with retractable head

Sink%20mixer_zpsfd3wfbf2.jpg

The Blanco one was too expensive I think so we settled for a cheaper one. We like the retractable head which allows us to spray water to the far ends of the sink for cleaning purposes. Also useful when washing big items like pots and pans; just move the head instead of maneuvering the whole pot when washing. :idea:

Rainshower: Grohe New Tempesta Cosmopolitan 160

rainshower_zpsftllwrzc.jpg

This was on 50% off so we grabbed it. At first was worried about whether it will be too high for our toilets but was assured by the sales lady that it can fit into BTO toilets. So we bought it. But lo and behold, when we went back to measure the height from the water outlet in the wall to the the mesh that covers the piping, we found out the rainshower overshot by about 6-7cm. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

IMG_20151125_155013_zpsqqki0cqy.jpg

As you can see from the stupid design by HDB (picture above): the water outlet for the shower is located on the wall where the mesh is :curse: , so the height is very limited (only 104cm). Moving the outlet down involves hacking the toilet wall so it's a no-no for the contractor. So we went back to Hoe Kee to change for a "shorter" rainshower. This nice uncle came out (think is the boss or manager) and said there is another way: ask our plumber to cut away a small length of the "chrome" part of the rainshower, because that is the outer covering. Inner pipe where the water flows will still be intact. He said his Hoe Kee workshop can cut for us if the plumber is unwilling to :good:

Washbasin: ROZ Vanity round basin

Vanity%20sink_zpsydl2kqx2.jpg

Washbasin Mixer:

tap%20mixer_zps07951uwl.jpg

Will like to seek ur feedback on e Blanco sink.any issue so far?