Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Berried

Renovation By The Valley

Thanks neighbour! I think we can jio each other out for meals since we are a street apart! If not for my incredible deal, I won't be afford them too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not yet... Works have stopped for these 2 weeks. Likely to only finish most of it end Feb or early Mar...it's probably only 70% finished..MEHH. I'll pm you when it's closer to 90%!

Hi Berried,

we have the same taste for the washing machine, aiming this one because I can do hand wash... will wait for your review.

Your place looks like ready to move in... nice kitchen laminate :good:

Finally, the end is in sight....next week will be the big move ! Major clean ups that need to be done.....Fatcat you can pop by this weekend!

40C7077B-DA45-4323-9FA5-6FCB4F12B76D.jpg

98256855-DDCE-4A9B-8C65-8E97757880BA.jpg

10F1D7EB-B3FC-495F-9513-00C1D4F6620B.jpg

BDD7C936-2329-486F-858F-C29C42B93C88.jpg

C72233EC-7D2E-4666-961D-7B0298D89A5A.jpg

044240B8-AA5B-4C81-BE2C-EF33D00DE5A5.jpg

793542AE-0D7E-4AD8-80DE-8C08733BA102.jpg

Hi Berried,

your reno is coming out beautifully and I must say the selection of the laminates for the kitchen cabinets and wardrobe are very pretty. I've just bought a 3rm myself with the same layout, but with a slightly smaller bathroom and kitchen. I saw that you too had the idea of moving your kitchen sink to the window (which is what I intend to do as I would like to preserve the feel of a longer kitchen, vs. one with a L- shape module). I'm curious how you would get to the chute under the sink, since if I'm not wrong, it is located on the wall perpendicular to the sink, under the kitchen counter. A couple of IDs had pointed out to me that I would be looking at bending over and angling myself side-ways if I were to throw my garbage down the chute. I'm also thinking of shifting my washer into the utility room (again to the horror of all the IDs I've approached), so I was honestly happy to see that someone had a similar idea of moving their sink over to the window.

Glad that you had choosen Mr. Foo as your ID, a no fuss and no nonsense guy who looks more like a contractor than an ID. :lol:

He is very hands on and a have a great touch with laminates, my is done up by him and till today still ogling at the beauty of it. :P

19 hours ago, Catt said:

Hi Berried,

your reno is coming out beautifully and I must say the selection of the laminates for the kitchen cabinets and wardrobe are very pretty. I've just bought a 3rm myself with the same layout, but with a slightly smaller bathroom and kitchen. I saw that you too had the idea of moving your kitchen sink to the window (which is what I intend to do as I would like to preserve the feel of a longer kitchen, vs. one with a L- shape module). I'm curious how you would get to the chute under the sink, since if I'm not wrong, it is located on the wall perpendicular to the sink, under the kitchen counter. A couple of IDs had pointed out to me that I would be looking at bending over and angling myself side-ways if I were to throw my garbage down the chute. I'm also thinking of shifting my washer into the utility room (again to the horror of all the IDs I've approached), so I was honestly happy to see that someone had a similar idea of moving their sink over to the window.

Hello, well, it's no big deal to me. Yes you would have to tilt your body abit to throw stuff, but it's for a very short while. I'll try to take picture of it when I'm home tonight. I think Mr Foo made a good call getting me to shift it to the window.  

As for the washer, technically you aren't supposed to hack anything since it's a space adding item, but it's a small hole that discharges water to the toilet, so I reckon that should be okay too :)

Do share your reno plans too! I'll do a wrap up of my reno soon, have already moved in for a week!

Thanks Berried....I'm very grateful that there are people who do deviate from the standard reno template. I've provided 'weird' ideas like shifting my living room to the masterbedroom (bedroom 1), hacking off the dividing walls of the master bedroom, to creating an extra room for guests. I'm probably blacklisted by my 2 shortlisted IDs already. I'm currently still waiting for my 1st appointment in May but will start a blog to pay it forward to everyone who have been a great help to me on this forum. I'm not thinking of hacking anything for the washer but trying to envision how that piping is going to run from the utility room since the previous owner hid his washer next to the chute. :) Seeing your ideas were really inspiring!

Edited by Catt