Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Berried

Renovation By The Valley

I must say I like how Mr Foo's team kept everything neat and tidy after knocking down walls and stuff. His team also drilled well. My friend who is a technical officer for HDB said that this kinda intensive drilling (rather than the superficial, just-to-create-holes) help the plaster/ tiles adhere better.

I'm amazed at how big the place looks after tearing down some walls.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Laminates

Cupboard, with matt black borders :

987966CC-4D01-48D7-9E64-77177B42001D.jpg

Flooring

White base with grey wood grains

A0A0F7BD-07BC-422C-8D51-9170883CC9B8.jpg

Kitchen cabinets

Top (Dario Ramblas)

B512F5F4-B756-45B8-B6C9-9D9033CEC12F.jpg

Bottom

19475149-6207-4B7B-8081-A1D2E5128A71.jpg

Edited by Berried

Hello! My T-blog is stagnant at the moment because it's now electrical and stuff, and I have given my trust to Mr Foo. I feel bad that I had to carry out some last min changes, so it looks like I might not make it before CNY after all :dunno: But that's my fault.

Anyhoos,I'm happy to have resolved my dining table dilemma. I had wanted a large, solid wood table so that I can expand when necessary. But it's hard to find one, most expandable tables are made of veneer, which is a no-no for my dad.

One day, we dropped by Crate and Barrel and saw this

crate%20and%20barrel%20drop%20leaf%20tab

It's a drop leaf table, ie, the sides can be folded down so that it can be tucked to a corner when it's not being used. Because of the much thicker width, it should be able to seat 2 rather comfortably. But gotta be careful with the legs of the table as it juts out. ID Approved!

Updates. I've been away too long, having moved out of my room to allow my cousin to move in, so I am hoping to get things settled soon...too bad for one tiny problem.

Ceiling leak! Grrrr, that's natural deterioration for you. I have asked HDB to settle it, but it seems like it's not working. Because it looks as if the seepage is in between the layers of tile and cement :( The bigger vertical pipe is also disintegrating (the spots you see there are actually flies) That pipe falls under TC, but since I wanna settle it fast, I have asked Mr Foo to help get it replaced at my cost. My carpentry can't move in if it's not fixed. Meeehhhhh

24DB74DE-E8CB-4E05-B7C6-07BA33C0AF0F.jpg

Otherwise, everything else is still on schedule. My wardrobe. Yes, I have a 3-sided wardrobe area that spans over 23 ft. I think I will enjoy filling it up, though folks just tsks at how much stuff I have.

657BB0D4-C487-41B4-A029-C5360A77180B.jpg[
5D701AFB-38CA-4C52-93CC-65F2318D0905.jpg
06583C02-D372-403C-B8B7-8404D34C1E51.jpg
5EF8776D-6891-4068-A345-4844CE27C90A.jpg

Doctor Doors Combi Door

Has anyone use combidoor? I know that it's ex, but if i can save the money from buying only one lock, plus the convenience of only pushing the door to one direction, I think it should be alright.

I'm looking at the retro scissors gate in matt black + grey / grey-wood door

Any advice would be great!

Hi Berried, combi door is an interesting concept. I did not get them though as the mechanism seemed to be only one piece (of door) as opposed to double security when you have the door n gate. Then again what differs from a combi door to a gateless door will be this layer of gate when you open the door to strangers. Just my two cents of warped logic. Anyways, i was thinking to get the gate from the same company too but they can only install after cny.. lol

Doctor Doors Combi Door

Has anyone use combidoor? I know that it's ex, but if i can save the money from buying only one lock, plus the convenience of only pushing the door to one direction, I think it should be alright.

I'm looking at the retro scissors gate in matt black + grey / grey-wood door

Any advice would be great!

Hahah, I know what you mean, but my Dad seems to think that it's good enough. I will probably make a trip down to see how it works before I decide. It's quite likely my Dad will push for me to get it, since my place has a narrow corridor. Having combi door installed will help minimise inconvenience.

i love your wardrobe! at a glance i didn't realize it was a roll of laminate you had there. i thought it was some futuristic tear drop design you had on your wardrobe lol. could i have mr. foo's contact pls? thanks in advance!

Updates before CNY

I have a kitchen

14F16C07-E788-44DE-ABDB-0FC3804785E7.jpg
2808E208-37D9-43B7-B447-1B35789B6DF6.jpg
Waiting for the microwave
9188989B-A3CF-4363-B5F7-547DA77EB892.jpg
DE145225-C012-4C2B-9380-4C159D0CFB3A.jpg
I know i have a big kitchen, but even with full top-bottom shelving, i still have more than 1.5 m of walking space. Amazeballs.