Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sinalifmim85

Type 3 4 room BTO layout.

10 hours ago, sinalifmim85 said:

Other miscellanous items bought;

Ring-Wifi Doorbell:

large.573183579b357_ringwifidoorbell.jpg

Bought the one in silver from AMAZON. Paid SGD299 and delivered to doorstep in less than 10 days! 

Livolo Touch Switch:

large.57318344799a1_livoloswitch.jpg

Bought only for Living Room. Bought 2 sets of 3 Gang switch and 1 set of 1 Gang switch. Sold by a seller in carousell which happens to stay nearby. Comes with remote control as well.

Does this works in SG?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
9 hours ago, koxxic said:

Does this works in SG?

Yes it does. For the ring-wifi doorbell, you can check out at youtube on how it works. All u need is a home dedicated wifi broadband connection. Easy to set up.

For the touch switch, its the same as a normal wall switches. The only diff is that it has another component layer which is the outer touch screen. Its very sleek and very responsive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, koxxic said:

Does this works in SG?

Also, i chose the ring-wifi doorbell coz:

1) Very easy to set up

2) The most highly rated and reviewed item (no. 1 in US and hot seller in amazon)

3) Very practical ( act as a security camera as well)

4) Cheaper to buy from amazon than in SG. Saw one company selling for almost $500.

On 14 May 2016 at 11:18 AM, sinalifmim85 said:

TAOBAO purchases:

First of all, im totally a noob in taobao and it doesnt help that I neither do i speak chinese or read chinese.

Googled and found SGshop. Decided to use them instead as other websites such as peeka or Oops was not as easy to use as SGshop.

As advised by David, its better for us to get the vanity cabinet separately as it would be cheaper. But after looking and surveying around, a 90cm stainless steel cabinet (we want it to fit as much in the common room toilet wall) would cost around 1k per set!. A 90cm stainless steel mirror cabinet would also cost us $400 and above per set!

As we have a budget to meet, I decided to get from taobao as recommended by fellow bloggers.

So, here are the things that we bought from taobao;

Stainless Steel Vanity Cabinet:

large.573183623e696_Vanitycabinet1.jpg

large.5731835f3093f_vanitycabinet2.jpg

large.5731837d66aa1_vanitycabinet3.jpg

This Set comes all-in with the ceramic basin and tempered glass black top. Bought 90cm and 70cm length.

Stainless Steel Mirror Cabinet:

large.5731838696fb3_mirrorcabinet.jpg

Same as the vanity cabinet, bought 2 sets; 90cm and 70cm.

Faucet:

large.faucet.jpg

Had to get a high faucet as the vanity cabinet comes with a counter top basin. Bought 2  sets.

Total damage(Cost+shipping+GST+delivery): $870!

Told my wife that even if in few years to come and should these items fail us, there shouldnt be any issues in changing them. Not having any high expectations as we are paying peanuts for these items. Minor defects wouldnt be an issue and we are well prepared for this. :)

Hello can share link for vanity top and what does gang switch do? Thanks!! 

On 01/05/2016 at 9:12 AM, sinalifmim85 said:

As mentioned earlier, me and wifey decided to get an ID instead of contractor as we are both too busy with work schedule. We simply do not have the time to constantly be on site and do occasional meet-ups with the contractors.

But before that, we didn't expect to get our keys earlier than expected!. And so, we had to adjust our budget accordingly.

Here's the list of our criteria: 

1) Budget: 25k maximum

2) Concept: Minimalist/Scandinavian

3) Deadline of work: Not applicable ( Coz we are not in a rush to move in!)

4) Homogenous tiles for living/dining. (as we are bringing my parent along, they insist on this. But me n wife's preference is vinyl. :( )

5) Kitchen cabinet top and bottom for both side of kitchen. (due to our small and constrained kitchen!)

6) Tempered glass shower screen for both toilets.

7) Vanity cabinet for both bathrooms

8) Full height built-in wardrobe for MBR and Bedroom 2.

9) Feature wall (bricks) **** room area.

We sent out a template of our requirements and send out to various ID's. We also visited some ID's at the same time.

The result turns out to be....... based on our request, it would be more than 25k. Some even reached to 35k!. Unbelievable. The price range vary by quite alot among the different ID's.

Ultimately, we David from T** I******* L**. More than 10 years experience in this industry. 

We were impressed by his knowledge and counter proposals on our first meet-up. Me and wife immediately made a decision to choose him. At the same time, he was very honest with us with regards to our budget. Nonetheless, the counter proposal was below 25k! Infact, its more than what we wanted and at the same time very nice and applicable. 

And so, the journey begins.....

Will update more details soon ya!

Hi may I ask which project is this? My coming bto has the exact layout as yours and I'd like to get some reference from your reno =) thank u! 

Edited by kenjiongcp

On 14/05/2016 at 11:44 AM, sinalifmim85 said:

TAMPOI PURCHASES;

Went over to JB on a Saturday morning with Dad.

Objective:

1) 6 Ceiling fans (Living, Dining, 3 Bedrooms, Kitchen)

2) 12 Downlights (Living & Dining)

3) 5 Ceiling lights (Toilets, Household Shelter, Service Yard)

Decided to go there to buy these items as cost in Singapore is way too high and would burst our tight budget. So, we decided to go there, get the items and back to Singapore. Only one single mission! haha

Items bought-

Ceiling Fans;

large.573183130d9b5_KDKfan.jpg

For living room- KDK 56"

large.5731831a522e7_alphafan.jpg

For Dining area- Alpha Excel 42'

large.573183162d06b_fancofan.jpg

For Rooms- Fanco. With light kit (2 exchangeble LED bulbs each 10Wx2). Bought 3 sets

large.573183201f5ec_ventofino2.jpglarge.5731832497805_ventofino3.jpg

Vento Fino 1: Wanted to get Fino 2 but was told by David that the height would be too long coz we wanted to place this fan on top of our HS. Told by David that the maximum downward length that we can get is 50cm. Fino 1 is 45cm while Fino 2 is 65cm. Therefore, purchased Fino 1 instead.

Along with the fans, we bought all the required lightings

12x 18watt tri colour 6" Square LED downlight, 4x 12Watt LED ceiling light, 1x 36Watt LED ceiling light.

Total Damage: RM3480!

Do feel free to ask me if you have any enquiries to buy from there.

Wonder which shop did you purchase your fans from, particularly the Vento fans?

On 6/8/2016 at 11:35 PM, S4ms said:

On 6/8/2016 at 11:35 PM, S4ms said:

Tampoi isn't it?
It was indicated.

@sinalifmim85 what is HS? Notice you mentioned you placing the Fino 2 above HS

I think HS refers to household shelter, i.e. Bomb shelter? Correct me if I'm wrong. Coz I intend to set that area outside bomb shelter as my dining area too! I'm supposing the fino fan is to cool diners as they have their meals at the dining table? 

My floor plan is exactly the same as yours too! After going through your blog, I'm toggling with the idea of hacking the wall between kitchen and service yard. Would u still place your washing machine at the same spot in the service yard? Wondering whether it would look weird if there is no "division" between the washing area (washing machine) and cooking area (kitchen). Any tbloggers out there have good suggestions to this?

Edited by infatuation054