Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Danmify

A little bit of Muji, Modern Barn and Cat House

11 hours ago, Danmify said:

After Rustoleum spray paint!

20160704_215746.jpg

Oh wow that's quite a change! I might try that out for my own pipes as well, they are starting to get a bit yellow (white and not painted)!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yeah! Great shout out to Changbp for the recommendation! 

Can use the rest of the spray paint for many DIY craft in Pinterest!

20 hours ago, Danmify said:

After Rustoleum spray paint!

20160704_215746.jpg

Very cool! The piping is also very neat...my current place, slipshod work, they didn't even cut the pipes properly. Gotta show this to my ID!

also, just noticed your toilet door is louvred? Where are they from? 

• Like 1

The lourved metal BiFold door is sourced by my contractor. But you should be able to find a direct vendor for that. So far cleaning is ok and easy with cloth and running water off a pipe hose. 

The basin support is Chengal wood. Better water resistance but wood is after all wood. Haha.

We dun use this toilet for shower for now. Only shower for the cats. So most of the time, it stays dry. 

Edited by Danmify

I see! That should be okay since it's dry mostly. :) 

This house is owned by the cats. It seems that way just like the name of your blog!:rofl:

• Like 1

Yeah! They're really adorable! Though the young ones recently whecked my mini garden. 80% casualty.

Got to get my lazy bum to work soon. Revive my green garden.

On 6/6/2016 at 9:09 PM, Danmify said:

20160606_204044.jpg

Hi Danmify! Love how cozy your place feels. And all the cat decor accents! Too adorable. :wub: the rustoleum for the piping is a great idea and I'm super inspired to buy some spray paint to diy bits and pieces of my place! 

Btw do you know how did your contractor install the common bathroom sink counter? (is there any super screw holding in or technique used?) And is it holding up well so far? My contractor says this can't be done for bto flats (have to use concrete to fabricate it) and insists that it'll be very flimsy otherwise :dunno: but I really like how it looks! Dilemma, dilemma :unsure: 

Edited by kingandbin

Hi Kingandbin, 

The overall weight of sink plus tabletop needs to be considered. My contractor wasn't comfortable with using concrete or stone top. But he was confident with wood. 

Long thicker metal L-brackets were used. One end drilled into wood top and the other end drilled into wall. Sink is just mounted on top of wood top and not drilled to wall. Just beware of drilling the hidden pipes.

We do not use this toilet most of the time but my well endowed cat uses it sometimes for practice jump and paw art work. 

After 1 yr, it is still sturdy. 

I say go with what you like.. if something happens later, then fix it later. 

On 6/6/2016 at 2:24 PM, Danmify said:

IMG-20160605-WA0010.jpg

I really like your kitchen, especially the sink! Can I know where you got the sink, and if the kitchen cabinets are all wooden? Thanks! :)

• Like 1

I got the farmhouse ceramic sink from Adamas along Jalan Besar. Cheapest when comparing with the shops at Geylang and Toh Guan. 

But it's really heavy at 46kg. I invested in a concrete sink support and got the carpenter to envelop with wood so that it is consistent with the wood cabinets around. 

On 7/28/2016 at 10:51 AM, Danmify said:

Hi Kingandbin, 

The overall weight of sink plus tabletop needs to be considered. My contractor wasn't comfortable with using concrete or stone top. But he was confident with wood. 

Long thicker metal L-brackets were used. One end drilled into wood top and the other end drilled into wall. Sink is just mounted on top of wood top and not drilled to wall. Just beware of drilling the hidden pipes.

We do not use this toilet most of the time but my well endowed cat uses it sometimes for practice jump and paw art work. 

After 1 yr, it is still sturdy. 

I say go with what you like.. if something happens later, then fix it later. 

Thanks @Danmify for the advice! Your wood in this case is really sturdy! I'll show your comments to my contractor. He says he has an idea which might work but we'll discuss only on our next meeting. It is not an absolute *must have* for us but the countertop will definitely be useful for keeping some daily necessities within easy reach!

Hahaha @ the description of your cat. :P

My husband ,whom I shall assume is rounder than your cat, says he has a habit of leaning onto the counter/sink when tired (while brushing his teeth). Who else out there will really do that??! 8|  

Edited by kingandbin

Hey Kingandbin, remember to remind him to use Chengal wood for better water resistance.  

Haha.. make the counter top a few cm lower so he can't lean :)

Share more pics!