Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Doesnt this number look like the lift emergency number? Or its a different one?

But good to have one emergency number, in case something unexpected happens, e.g. pipe burst? Touchwood ... choy!! :P

That's the EMSU number, same one for emergency lift rescue. For non-emergency, you guys can also call Steven from Town Council, who is also a RC member. His photo and hp is on the notice board at the lift lobby.

Sh*t, I am sounding more and more like some kind of spokesman here...haha... :deal::notti:

That's the EMSU number, same one for emergency lift rescue. For non-emergency, you guys can also call Steven from Town Council, who is also a RC member. His photo and hp is on the notice board at the lift lobby.

Sh*t, I am sounding more and more like some kind of spokesman here...haha... :deal::notti:

No wonder. The number looks so familiar. Yes, for external defects or problems, can call Steven ... can see his face at level 1 lift lobby ... cheers ....

Good to share information here ... so good to be a spokesman ... hehe

Btw, there are some households who have yet to keep their NDP flags. I rem that all flags must be kept after X days from the actual NDP. It's been more than a month ... some families still displaying the flags .... :P

Edited by skyspectrum

Since we on the topic of Town Council, was at the carpark this morning and noticed the local chinese elderly sweeper, he is **** good, at least from what i see. he was really sweeping every corner with attention to details, even a flower petal on the floor will be cleared.

He is so much better then those foreign cleaning talents that are also on the same team, those are bloody going thru motion, even dirt in front of them also walk through and pretend cannot see.

BTW how often do the cleaners need to sweep our corridors?

You may want to pass this compliment on to Steven from the Town Council.

Since we on the topic of Town Council, was at the carpark this morning and noticed the local chinese elderly sweeper, he is **** good, at least from what i see. he was really sweeping every corner with attention to details, even a flower petal on the floor will be cleared.

He is so much better then those foreign cleaning talents that are also on the same team, those are bloody going thru motion, even dirt in front of them also walk through and pretend cannot see.

BTW how often do the cleaners need to sweep our corridors?

You may want to pass this compliment on to Steven from the Town Council.

Agreed totally. The young chinese men (cleaners) seem to sweep/mop the floor very fast. Bottomline is to make the floors look wet ... but NOT clean at all once dry. As for the corridor, I believe they sweep only once a week, cos one of my neighbours smoke and always throw the butt at the rubbish chute area. The butts are cleared weekly, cos sometimes I dont see any trails of the butts, i.e. swept by the cleaners lor.

A bit displeased with the lifts recently. This morning one of the lifts at Blk 91 serving 1-21st flr doesnt seem tro function well ... both my wife and I went in to that lift and pressed 1st floor. Then it stopped at level 14 and the door never manage to close .... open & close for several times before we decide to take another lift.

Not sure how often is our lifts being serviced .... need more effort to improve things here.

A good thing is that they are finally erecting a shelter at the lobby area to fence off (may not be 100% foolproof though) the heavy rain ... and preventing a wet dangerous floor ... esp so for kids and elderly. Hope it will be completed soon.

Have a good Tuesday Haltians.

Hey Skyspectrum,

U facing the same problem as me? Are you at blk 91? 1-21 floor?.. my neighbour smokes and always throw the butt at the rca too!! I saw him there last night doing it!! So irritated by it! Maybe we staying at the same floor...

Agreed totally. The young chinese men (cleaners) seem to sweep/mop the floor very fast. Bottomline is to make the floors look wet ... but NOT clean at all once dry. As for the corridor, I believe they sweep only once a week, cos one of my neighbours smoke and always throw the butt at the rubbish chute area. The butts are cleared weekly, cos sometimes I dont see any trails of the butts, i.e. swept by the cleaners lor.

A bit displeased with the lifts recently. This morning one of the lifts at Blk 91 serving 1-21st flr doesnt seem tro function well ... both my wife and I went in to that lift and pressed 1st floor. Then it stopped at level 14 and the door never manage to close .... open & close for several times before we decide to take another lift.

Not sure how often is our lifts being serviced .... need more effort to improve things here.

A good thing is that they are finally erecting a shelter at the lobby area to fence off (may not be 100% foolproof though) the heavy rain ... and preventing a wet dangerous floor ... esp so for kids and elderly. Hope it will be completed soon.

Have a good Tuesday Haltians.

Hey Skyspectrum,

U facing the same problem as me? Are you at blk 91? 1-21 floor?.. my neighbour smokes and always throw the butt at the rca too!! I saw him there last night doing it!! So irritated by it! Maybe we staying at the same floor...

My neigbhour has a big fish tank facing the main door .... unit 1x-300. How about yours?

In fact, the malay couple staying below me also smoke. At certain hours of the night, can literally smell the cigarette smoke ... super sian!!!

And lately, i realised one of my neighbours like to wash their laundry (this is fine) but created loud "bang and thungs" while hanging out their bamboo sticks. Can wake you up from your beauty sleep. It would be fine if he or she is to use some strength to carry the bamboo stick and lay it silently on the stick holder. SIGH >>>> .... anyway, we need to get use to all these lor ....

SPACE ... let me guess ... are you staying at BLK 91, 16-19 flr? Hehehe ....

QUOTE(skyspectrum @ Sep 16 2008, 03:25 PM) *

My neigbhour has a big fish tank facing the main door .... unit 1x-300. How about yours?

In fact, the malay couple staying below me also smoke. At certain hours of the night, can literally smell the cigarette smoke ... super sian!!!

And lately, i realised one of my neighbours like to wash their laundry (this is fine) but created loud "bang and thungs" while hanging out their bamboo sticks. Can wake you up from your beauty sleep. It would be fine if he or she is to use some strength to carry the bamboo stick and lay it silently on the stick holder. SIGH >>>> .... anyway, we need to get use to all these lor ....

SPACE ... let me guess ... are you staying at BLK 91, 16-19 flr? Hehehe ....

The cough and laundry bang sound comes from 20th floor, same unit. The smoke thingy between 11.30pm-12mn. :furious: Still dunno who yet.

I think we are on the same floor.. cos one of the neighbour has a big fish tank facing the main door too but i am at the other side! haha..

I think so too ... shd be on the same floor ... the washing of our corridors shd be today or tmr.

Btw, is there a rule or guideline on when to keep the NDP flag? Saw some residents still hanging them outside.

Dont tell me your unit is the one with XXX door hor ... hahaha ... :notti:

QUOTE(skyspectrum @ Sep 16 2008, 03:25 PM) *

My neigbhour has a big fish tank facing the main door .... How about yours?

SPACE ... let me guess ... are you staying at BLK 91? Hehehe ....

The cough and laundry bang sound comes from 20th floor, same unit. The smoke thingy between 11.30pm-12mn. :furious: Still dunno who yet.

Yes, the smoke smell usually appears at the late hours of the night. Just now looked out at one of the external ledges at the 17th floor, many cigarette butts .... the one facing the jogging track ... stand at 17th flr and the butts are on your left ledge (next to unit 310). Think need to ask the cleaner to sweep them away ... very unsight 8| ly.

Just wondering if you guys notice recently, there's always this loud "whistling sound" which seems to come from the pipes? And it does seem the water pressure is quite strong now... my Storage Heater's been somewhat affected, whereby the pressure valve keeps dripping water.. wonder why is this so..

Hi Jule, any updates on the whistling sound? Gone or still ard?

Just now received a call from Town Council that they will be replacing my 2 toilets flushing systems. They claimed that they will take 45mins to 1hr to replace 2 of them. Hope after replacing, the "motion" will leave evidence in the clear pool of water in the closet. Anyone here has already have theirs replaced? Feedback?

Edited by skyspectrum

Hi Jule, any updates on the whistling sound? Gone or still ard?

Just now received a call from Town Council that they will be replacing my 2 toilets flushing systems. They claimed that they will take 45mins to 1hr to replace 2 of them. Hope after replacing, the "motion" will leave evidence in the clear pool of water in the closet. Anyone here has already have theirs replaced? Feedback?

The sound's gone and I noticed the water pressure is lower now. And my heater is not dripping water at the pressure gauge also.

I changed my flushing system last week. Sad to say, it's worse now. They changed to a dual flush system but it's bad, as I now have to flush 3x to clear the contents. And after a while, the residue still comes back.

To think we are encouraged by the government to save water...

Town Council ? Not HDB ah ? very confusing.. cos they seems to dont know who they changed the flush.. I got my mine changed last Thur and yesterday someone called to ask if can arrange to change this week. But I took the chance to feedback to him and he says will send someone to check this Sat.

Edited by jule

The sound's gone and I noticed the water pressure is lower now. And my heater is not dripping water at the pressure gauge also.

I changed my flushing system last week. Sad to say, it's worse now. They changed to a dual flush system but it's bad, as I now have to flush 3x to clear the contents. And after a while, the residue still comes back.

To think we are encouraged by the government to save water...

Town Council ? Not HDB ah ? very confusing.. cos they seems to dont know who they changed the flush.. I got my mine changed last Thur and yesterday someone called to ask if can arrange to change this week. But I took the chance to feedback to him and he says will send someone to check this Sat.

I think is HDB ba ... but cant remember his name. But are you sure that after changing to the new dual flush system, it got worse and now u have to flush 3x? How about the rest? Any feedback/comment on the new flush system? If not good, I rather dont change rite?

Glad that the whistling sound is gone. But it will be good to observed ..... if the sound comes at certain time of the day, or at special occasions, e.g. heavy rain.

I am still trying to arrange the COP thingy with the police, but looks likely to be on Friday for the first time since most of us are okay with it. I will check with the rest if they are able to do Mon-Thu too; after all, we cannot everytime also do friday, otherwise we will be earmarked by those who want to do funny business to our estate.

What is probably going to happen is that we will decide the next COP session after we finished one session, instead of having it fixed on same day same time.

Any update? :yamseng:

Any update? :yamseng:

Don't have yet leh - I am trying to get the officers from the NPC but they seemed 'bewildered' at the moment. This is a new thing in our RC actually because nobody had done it before, so sorry ah, got to give me abit more time... ;P