Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
COP guys, hear'ya!!

Sorry the delay, yesterday finally got an answer after raising this issue in the meeting. I was given the go-ahead to organise this, but because I myself also not sure what to do, I suggested to have the police from the NPC to brief us and/or follow us for the first time.

So now, we need to arrange a date/time to meet up, then I can make the necessary arrangements. Kindly suggest a few of your available dates this week or next week...

Hmm .... I believe your message is meant for the police guys? I am totally lost when I read this ... is it something related to the recycling isse just before your post? Or is it something totally new?

hehehe ... please enlighten me .... :furious:

Recycling Bins at Tanglin Halt:

There are two recycling bins next to the CW mrt entrance, located just before the taxi stand, opposite the Kodak shop. But I realised that the bins are often full, cos the shop owners and residents desposit their unwanted things there. End up poeple just throw the rubbish/bags at the base of the bins .... quite a unsightly scene. ;)

Then last weekend, I went jogging at the Strathmore/Queenstown area. They have more recycling bins located at the void deck of some blocks. I snapped some photos of the bins (bigger than ours). Din manage to upload here. But can see the similar kind at this website:

http://www.sulo.com.sg/business/prb.html (the ones located at Strathmore/Queenstown area)

http://www.sulo.com.sg/business/recycle.html (the current ones we have)

If there are more recycling bins located at each void deck of 89, 90 & 91, then we can actively help tosave the environment ... e.g. can recyle jam containers, plastic bottles (bath, shampoo, sauce), papers and many others). Any one to support this idea? :dribble:

I just learnt this yesterday during the meeting: citizens-on-patrol (COP) is not just able security although its the primary objective. COP members can also spot and raise issues like cleanliness, dangerous items in public, etc and raise it to the relevant authorities. For eg, the above issue can be raised by COP members to Town Council.

So how, want to join us in COP?? Hehe... :notti:

Hmm .... I believe your message is meant for the police guys? I am totally lost when I read this ... is it something related to the recycling isse just before your post? Or is it something totally new?

hehehe ... please enlighten me .... :furious:

Its citizens-on-patrol (COP). This initiative is by the grassroots to form a group of residents to help walk around the precinct for crime prevention and spotting anything that is not right (like abovementioned).

I just learnt this yesterday during the meeting: citizens-on-patrol (COP) is not just able security although its the primary objective. COP members can also spot and raise issues like cleanliness, dangerous items in public, etc and raise it to the relevant authorities. For eg, the above issue can be raised by COP members to Town Council.

So how, want to join us in COP?? Hehe... :notti:

Its citizens-on-patrol (COP). This initiative is by the grassroots to form a group of residents to help walk around the precinct for crime prevention and spotting anything that is not right (like abovementioned).

Thanks for the clarification. Now finally understand what COP stands for. hehe.

My earlier suggestion came from the notion that we as Singaporeans, definitely will have consumed packaged or bottled products. Dumping them in rubbish chute is one option, but more filtering work when the rubbish reaches Tuas incineration plant. By separating them into paper, glass or plastics, I believe it would not only help the Tuas workers, but also play an impt role in saving our environment.

This is one suggestion cos I do collate my unwanted things that are recycleable and bring to the bins. If there are more bins located conveniently, I strongly sense that more residents in our estate will be willing to contribute to save the earth.

My wife used to say at Hougang and one of their RCs actually encourage their residents to bring their unwanted plastics, glass, papers and newspaper and others to the recycling centre (once a week in operation). The residents will be given stickers based on the weight of the "donations". The stickers can be collated and accumulate to exchange for a $10 NTUC Fairprice voucher, which I think it is a very good idea, which we can implement it too. For your dedicated team to consider.

Cheers. :yamseng:

COP guys, hear'ya!!

Sorry the delay, yesterday finally got an answer after raising this issue in the meeting. I was given the go-ahead to organise this, but because I myself also not sure what to do, I suggested to have the police from the NPC to brief us and/or follow us for the first time.

So now, we need to arrange a date/time to meet up, then I can make the necessary arrangements. Kindly suggest a few of your available dates this week or next week...

This Saturday 4-6pm :)

Ok, why not we fixed it on a friday at about 7:30pm? Can you make it, oda?

Might not be next week, maybe week after or something. I will update you guys again...

ok

Might not be next week, maybe week after or something. I will update you guys again...

Khriz, am unsure if i hit the send button just now to reply your PM. Just in case, I will be on reservist from 17 sep till 4 oct. Would not be able to make it for now i guess...sorry~

Every Friday evening not free... :D

How about Monday to Thursday evening ater 8pm? Issit too late? :rolleyes:

Just wondering if you guys notice recently, there's always this loud "whistling sound" which seems to come from the pipes? And it does seem the water pressure is quite strong now... my Storage Heater's been somewhat affected, whereby the pressure valve keeps dripping water.. wonder why is this so..

Just wondering if you guys notice recently, there's always this loud "whistling sound" which seems to come from the pipes? And it does seem the water pressure is quite strong now... my Storage Heater's been somewhat affected, whereby the pressure valve keeps dripping water.. wonder why is this so..

not sure if it affects all blocks, i am definitely not affected or maybe i do not have any water storage tanks

I am not affected also, but I am also not using water storage heater, but the citygas gas heater.

Hi Junie, I am using the storage heater. But was not affected. Maybe you shd get your vendor to come and take a look.

Loud whistling sound from the pipes? Which pipes are you referring to? Those in the toilets? I will keep a lookout ... and feedback again.

Cheers.

Hi Junie, I am using the storage heater. But was not affected. Maybe you shd get your vendor to come and take a look.

Loud whistling sound from the pipes? Which pipes are you referring to? Those in the toilets? I will keep a lookout ... and feedback again.

Cheers.

Already arrange for the vendor to come.. just wondering, cos the sound is really loud... and sometimes it's from outside the flat.