Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

I think is HDB ba ... but cant remember his name. But are you sure that after changing to the new dual flush system, it got worse and now u have to flush 3x? How about the rest? Any feedback/comment on the new flush system? If not good, I rather dont change rite?

Glad that the whistling sound is gone. But it will be good to observed ..... if the sound comes at certain time of the day, or at special occasions, e.g. heavy rain.

Peter.... The sound is gone and I am quite sure it's due to the water pressure. We used to hear it at night, but it's also cos we are at home then and not around during the day.

Yes.. the residue is more.. You wanna see if I take a photo?? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Abit more update about my toilet bowl.

Just about the time that I have decided to buy a new toilet bowl two months ago, I received a phone call from HDB asking me if I got toilet bowl problem (remember something like Mr. Tan ...) and say they will look into it with the contractor. A week later, got a HDB officer knocking on the door to ask if we got toilet bowl problem. Both time they cannot confirm any time for replacement. Seeing their enthusiastic response, we decided to wait for HDB and postphone the decision to replace the toilet bowl.

After a month, no response from HDB and don't know who to call, give up, we went ahead to replace the toilet bowl ourself. For a peace of mind, we get toto.

During the replacement the contractor found the black drain connection damaged due to inferior material. see the link below (warning: hope it don't make you loose your appetite)

Damaged toilet drain connection

Furthermore the position of the drain and the hole on the floor was not in-line causing inefficient drain. That maybe the reason why it did not drain properly.

Now, i simply love my new toilet bowl!! The new toilet bowl can drain fully with not backflush with only 4.5l of water. Cannot imagine how i can live with the old one for a year now...

:sport-smiley-003:

Abit more update about my toilet bowl.

Just about the time that I have decided to buy a new toilet bowl two months ago, I received a phone call from HDB asking me if I got toilet bowl problem (remember something like Mr. Tan ...) and say they will look into it with the contractor. A week later, got a HDB officer knocking on the door to ask if we got toilet bowl problem. Both time they cannot confirm any time for replacement. Seeing their enthusiastic response, we decided to wait for HDB and postphone the decision to replace the toilet bowl.

After a month, no response from HDB and don't know who to call, give up, we went ahead to replace the toilet bowl ourself. For a peace of mind, we get toto.

During the replacement the contractor found the black drain connection damaged due to inferior material. see the link below (warning: hope it don't make you loose your appetite)

Damaged toilet drain connection

Furthermore the position of the drain and the hole on the floor was not in-line causing inefficient drain. That maybe the reason why it did not drain properly.

Now, i simply love my new toilet bowl!! The new toilet bowl can drain fully with not backflush with only 4.5l of water. Cannot imagine how i can live with the old one for a year now...

Hi Vineyard .... can share your lobang where you got your new toilet bowls? And roughly how much?

Jule, wanna buy together, then can get the shop boss to give us a discount ... think no point changing the flushing system .... sigh .... yes its Mr Tan ... can rem now liao.

SPACE .... you hit the jackpot ... now left with two choices.... look out for me ba ... ... i know you hacked away the kitchen wall .... open concept ... heheehee :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by skyspectrum

Do you jog n wear specs?

Yes I wear specs since sec sch days. Haha.

I walk, jog and run occasionally. Hmm ... saw a pair of slippers outside ... is it yours? hehehe .... How abt you? Do you walk and jog as well?

Catch me if you can ....

Edited by skyspectrum

Hi Vineyard .... can share your lobang where you got your new toilet bowls? And roughly how much?

Jule, wanna buy together, then can get the shop boss to give us a discount ... think no point changing the flushing system .... sigh .... yes its Mr Tan ... can rem now liao.

Got it from Inhwa marketing model CW661 (which can fit out drain hole position): $389.48 (incl. 10% discount as its recommended by a japanese contractor) excluding installation and minus the seat cover as I add in a bidet washer. Installation have to find your own contractor as they don't provide installation.

My contractor did the installation including a bidet washer cover for $455

SPACE .... you hit the jackpot ... now left with two choices, 312 or 314 .... look out for me ba ... grey door ... i know you hacked away the kitchen wall .... open concept ... heheehee :sport-smiley-003:

Sky, Am considering but dont think I can spend so much like vineyard... Vineyard, you changed both the bowls ? Is it alot of work/time and disruptive? Would like to replace the MBR one also if Im changing, but with the bed n all in the room, wonder how they are going to do it...

anyone wants to go for a jog/run this evening? from our place towards alexandra road via commonwealth, then tanglin road, holland road and queensway then back home

Hmm ... did not manage to see your message yesterday.

In fact, I went jogging at about 615pm from our void deck towards queenstown MRT and then via the queenstown/dawson jogging track towards Delta Road. 1st end pt is the Delta Road (i.e. opposite Valley Point). Rest for 3 mins then job all the way back (reverse route). Should hit abt 8 to 10 km.

Now training my chin-up using the monkey bar available at the roof garden (beside the Care Centre), though you will be accompanied by all the frangrance emitted by the fast food rest.

But would be cool if we can form a jogging team and jog together .... scarely I cant follow the pace ... haha.

How about the rest? Interested? :good:

Sky, Am considering but dont think I can spend so much like vineyard... Vineyard, you changed both the bowls ? Is it alot of work/time and disruptive? Would like to replace the MBR one also if Im changing, but with the bed n all in the room, wonder how they are going to do it...

Same here .... the HDB guys will be changing the flushing systems for us this week.

Will give it a try first ... if situation doesnt improve, then we will explore upgrading to a better brand.

Saw this brand "Johnson Suisee" at this website, their price seems quite reasonable ... $170 (for bowl) and $70 (for labour). So about $170+$170+$70 = $410 in total (assuming one time labour for 2 bowls). can even choose your preferred colour ... i quite fancy the sunrise colour, match the colour of the toilet wall tiles.

http://renohub.com.sg/bowls.htm

Toto bowls: http://www.bathroom.com.sg/page10.html

High end bowls: http://www.bathrooms.sg/product_list.php?id=29

I am just concerned and worried about the toilet floor tiles. It is quite impossible to find the same length and breath of toilet bowls. Will the installation of the new bowls affect the floor tiles? Vineyard, since you have changed, please share with us, if there any damage or unsightly spaces after installing the new ones?

Saw this forum at renotalk: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry296396

Is it true that the bowl is always on top of the tiles ... just that they need to remove the white thingy surrounding the base of the bowl? *confused*

hahaha.. that was yesterday evening.. left the slipper outside cos they washed the corridor. Not bad.. i can help watch after your hse n your watch over mine. u staying in the hse with a door tag hanging outside right?

Space, you got PM. Cheers.

What is a bidet washer cover??

I also want to change but worried about my parquet...will drip all over the place or not?

I think is that kind of toilet cover with washer .... just like those in Japan ... press some buttons aand they can wash your butt butt after motion. Also helpt to warm the seats ... but in Singapore ... is it necessary? heehee ... here is the photo of it: http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/11637426...ilet_Bidet.html

:dribble:

Actually i just replaced the MBR one first as a test to see how the new toilet is working, since normally you cannot test the bowl in the showroom. Later then consider changing the common room one.

What is a bidet washer cover??

I also want to change but worried about my parquet...will drip all over the place or not?

I got the eco-washer from this company (a japanese boss) below. But the price to install the toilet bowl by his contractor is a little steep.

Eco-Washer

It won't drip anywhere, just the bath room will be wet. Just make sure the contractor drys the bowl before carrying it out.

During the installation, i requested the contractor to throw away the old toilet bowl for me. After he left, then i found that he threw it at the common rubbish area!?!? :dunno: In the end i got to move it to the bulk garbage area myself :bangwall:

Is it true that the bowl is always on top of the tiles ... just that they need to remove the white thingy surrounding the base of the bowl? *confused*

Space, you got PM. Cheers.

I think is that kind of toilet cover with washer .... just like those in Japan ... press some buttons aand they can wash your butt butt after motion. Also helpt to warm the seats ... but in Singapore ... is it necessary? heehee ... here is the photo of it: http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/11637426...ilet_Bidet.html

:dribble:

Yup, the toilet bowl is mounted above the tiles. You do not need to get the exact size of the base, just make sure the distance from the wall to the center of the drain match the toilet bowl (ours is around 160mm) . When replaced, the cement/silicon connecting the bowl can be easily removed/sanded away by the contractor. You should not see any mark if they do a proper job.

Hmm ... did not manage to see your message yesterday.

In fact, I went jogging at about 615pm from our void deck towards queenstown MRT and then via the queenstown/dawson jogging track towards Delta Road. 1st end pt is the Delta Road (i.e. opposite Valley Point). Rest for 3 mins then job all the way back (reverse route). Should hit abt 8 to 10 km.

Now training my chin-up using the monkey bar available at the roof garden (beside the Care Centre), though you will be accompanied by all the frangrance emitted by the fast food rest.

But would be cool if we can form a jogging team and jog together .... scarely I cant follow the pace ... haha.

How about the rest? Interested? :good:

no prob, use to do that path, the distance should be no more then 7km based on pacing and approximate monitoring using the vehicle odometer ;)

anyway 6.15pm is too early for me, usually i am still at work then....dont worry, mos pple should be faster then i am, i only run once a year to prep for the standard chartered marathon hahahaa, after that no more running till following year preparation

Actually i just replaced the MBR one first as a test to see how the new toilet is working, since normally you cannot test the bowl in the showroom. Later then consider changing the common room one.

I got the eco-washer from this company (a japanese boss) below. But the price to install the toilet bowl by his contractor is a little steep.

Eco-Washer

It won't drip anywhere, just the bath room will be wet. Just make sure the contractor drys the bowl before carrying it out.

During the installation, i requested the contractor to throw away the old toilet bowl for me. After he left, then i found that he threw it at the common rubbish area!?!? :dunno: In the end i got to move it to the bulk garbage area myself :bangwall:

Yup, the toilet bowl is mounted above the tiles. You do not need to get the exact size of the base, just make sure the distance from the wall to the center of the drain match the toilet bowl (ours is around 160mm) . When replaced, the cement/silicon connecting the bowl can be easily removed/sanded away by the contractor. You should not see any mark if they do a proper job.

Thanks Vineyard for the info. How long have you since changed to the Toto bowl? Do you still encounter the backflow problem?

:dunno:

no prob, use to do that path, the distance should be no more then 7km based on pacing and approximate monitoring using the vehicle odometer ;)

anyway 6.15pm is too early for me, usually i am still at work then....dont worry, mos pple should be faster then i am, i only run once a year to prep for the standard chartered marathon hahahaa, after that no more running till following year preparation

Hmm ... you train once a year for the SC marathon ... you must be kidding rite? Most of the time, the runners are superbly good ... and that is why this year I did not sign up. I dont usually job at 6.15pm ... depends on what time i reach home. Maybe the next time I bring along my Omron pedometer (MIJ - made in japan one hor). I guess it shd be ard 7 to 8km. But its a good training for a normal 10km or half marathon.

Good luck for your SC marathon. Cheers.