Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yuuhuuu... reporting from blk 89

renovation almost completed already :dancingqueen:

Hi lin_stapler, congrats on ur reno completion.

Saw in your other thread in T-reno blog that your reno contractor levelled up the sloping wall at the bay windows in your MBR. How did your contractor do it?

I think another forumner was also asking.

Hi lin_stapler, congrats on ur reno completion.

Saw in your other thread in T-reno blog that your reno contractor levelled up the sloping wall at the bay windows in your MBR. How did your contractor do it?

I think another forumner was also asking.

Hi TYM and thanks :good:

I've already answered about the levelling of the slope in my T-reno blog. Actually never thought of levelling the slope myself. It is my contractor's idea and he suggested it to me. Before I knew it, the next time I walk into my place, it is already levelled and I like it as we can utilize the window now to put plants (artificial ones) or my nieces dolls or any small decorative items. Just make sense this way or it will be such a waste of space.

I can't believe there is a community already formed here. This is so cool :sport-smiley-004:

Have always love this neighborhood where I grow up in.... fondly called Tanglin Halt 10-Storey or "chap lao".... but in this case... 40-storey eehehehe :help:

juz curious on wat materials did your contractor used to level up the slope on the window.....

i heard if its concrete, its not allowed tho....

anyway the slope also can act like a child safety feature...read it somewhere since its slope and kids will find it hard to climb up....

Hi TYM and thanks :)

I've already answered about the levelling of the slope in my T-reno blog. Actually never thought of levelling the slope myself. It is my contractor's idea and he suggested it to me. Before I knew it, the next time I walk into my place, it is already levelled and I like it as we can utilize the window now to put plants (artificial ones) or my nieces dolls or any small decorative items. Just make sense this way or it will be such a waste of space.

I can't believe there is a community already formed here. This is so cool :jawdrop:

Have always love this neighborhood where I grow up in.... fondly called Tanglin Halt 10-Storey or "chap lao".... but in this case... 40-storey eehehehe :o

hehe can link ur blog here please ^^

Hi TYM and thanks :)

I can't believe there is a community already formed here. This is so cool :jawdrop:

Have always love this neighborhood where I grow up in.... fondly called Tanglin Halt 10-Storey or "chap lao".... but in this case... 40-storey eehehehe :o

Yep, love this neighourhood also. Used to stay at the "chap lap lao" or 16th-storey block opp when I was young.

Saw your reply that your contractor used cement to level up. But maybe he constructed some sort of a platform and plaster it with cement. Pls advise if otherwise, tks.

Desmond, I kaypo a bit, help to link. Stapler's Abode

Wah, can help ask your wifey's colleague if can show us some pics? Too bad we cannot see the workmanship, but if can see the design will be good also...

Some update on the United ID for my FW's colleague place. Went to their place last nite, last minute arrangments thats why did not take any pics.

The flat is a 5-rm in Bishan, 138sqm. It was the in-law's place and they decided to stay together after marriage thats why renovated the whole place.

Spent about 50k. Done up kitchen (with glass doors and movable glass panels to close during cooking), 2 toilets, laminate floor for 3 rms (living and dining retain old tiling floor), removed balcony door to enlarge living rm, and a lot of carpentry work throughout the house. They also spent a few k to change the windows to Bestview Windows

FW colleague commented that the laminate flooring was not so well done as certain place can see the some gaps btw the joints. Her bathroom vanity top was using those bowl shaped basin that "pop" out of the vanity top. The owner commented that mayb we might not want to get those as the bathroom is a high moisture place and algae and dirts tends to get trap at the edge btw the vanity top and the basin and it is a hassle to clean. Already we can see some dirt getting trapped there after only 8 mths.

It so happened that their ID, a lady, was also preparing for her own wedding. Therefore, there were days where the ID did not came down to supervise the reno work. Looks like the ID commitment is also a factor to consider.

Overall, IMO the workmanship of United was Ok (definitely better than the Superbrand ID that my other friend engaged) but feel that the cost was a bit high. Perhaps it was bcos the flat was an old flat and part of the cost was to hack and remove the old reno, as well as the carpentry work involved.

Design wise, nothin out of the ordinary. But the house feels comfy and cosy. The owner did not want any fanciful designs, prefer straight lines and practical designs.

May go down this weekend to United and have a chat with them.

hi boy and girls

with the GST increasing in july. maybe it might be better to get some of the big items first. can ask the shop to hold for 6 months or stil flat ready. me kiasu, some of the items was on sale and i make them hold for me almost a year liao.

think that may or june might have a BIG GSS cos of the GST hike....

Hmm... mayb by the time come year end, with new models coming out and year end sale, prices of those current items may drop more than the 2% GST increment.