Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

Renovation For 15k

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This is what i need:

1. Laying of floor, incl raw material like cement, sand, chemical cement, clean up.

2. L-box for living room.

3. Small L-box for kitchen, kitchen cabinets, installation of hob and hood.

4. 2 custom made ( not built in) wardrobe to be layed against the wall facing the MBR windows cos' the walls got different depth. also MBR door to be change to have different direction.

5. 1 shower screen MBR

can a good contractor.

i think they charge $1.50-$2.00 (labour) for laying tiles. Hope I remember correctly.

can a good contractor.

i think they charge $1.50-$2.00 (labour) for laying tiles. Hope I remember correctly.

including raw material cost and clean up?

including raw material cost and clean up?

separately. all the quotations i received so far have separate charges for haulage/cleaning...etc

Here's kitchen cabinet i design myself using google sketchup. :bangwall: I expect around ~3-4.5k for my kitchen cabinets. The sink and cooking area will be homogeneous tiles instead of solid surface, the rest of the cabinet top will be post form. Backsplash tentatively using glass.

Any comments on my design , the use of homoG for sink and cooking area? all contructive advices will be appreciated

:(

kitchenupdate1903200711yi3.jpg

with the budget you quoted, I am assuming you are not doing any carpentry for the rest of the home except for the kitchen.

what kind of top you looking at? solid or natural stone or postform?

also, your tiles, does it include skirting?

how bout lighting and electrical works? have you included them in your 15k as well?

how bout fixtures like switches, lights, bells, shifting of telephone points, electrical points.... etc etc... all these are individual costing that can add up

how bout painting? is it inclusive in the budget as well?

hmm... looking at the floor size and the kitchen layout, 15k a bit the mission impossible leh

This is what i need:

1. Laying of floor, incl raw material like cement, sand, chemical cement, clean up.

2. L-box for living room.

3. Small L-box for kitchen, kitchen cabinets, installation of hob and hood.

4. 2 custom made ( not built in) wardrobe to be layed against the wall facing the MBR windows cos' the walls got different depth. also MBR door to be change to have different direction.

5. 1 shower screen MBR

1. easily $6-8k for labour and material, not inclusive of the floor tiles...

2. L-boxes are about $10 pfr... so do a measurement, looking at your living and dining, from the door way to the window and the window to the store room, roughly about 10m liow == 33feet leh...

3. same costing as above...

--> kitchen cabinets range from $100-180 pfr... based on your diagram and the floor plan, you are looking at about 8m==27 feet... top and bottom approximately >50 feet

for easy calculation... 50 feet x $110 is already $5500 liow leh

--> hood hob installation is about $20-30... but can bargain for free

4. wardrobe pricing is about $180-250 pfr... looking at your measurement... easily 8 feet each... considering they are not built in, means more material used (laminates) so you are looking at the high end of the range... 2 x 8ft x $250 = $4000

changing of door direction will require some hacking and plastering work... replacement of door frame etc etc... all also charged individually... easily another $3-500

5. shower screen is glass or acrylic?

looking at the above 4 items, already more than 15k liow

you seriously need to revise your budget or your wants vs needs

visit my blog... it may be useful to your planning :(

1. easily $6-8k for labour and material, not inclusive of the floor tiles...

2. L-boxes are about $10 pfr... so do a measurement, looking at your living and dining, from the door way to the window and the window to the store room, roughly about 10m liow == 33feet leh...

3. same costing as above...

--> kitchen cabinets range from $100-180 pfr... based on your diagram and the floor plan, you are looking at about 8m==27 feet... top and bottom approximately >50 feet

for easy calculation... 50 feet x $110 is already $5500 liow leh

--> hood hob installation is about $20-30... but can bargain for free

4. wardrobe pricing is about $180-250 pfr... looking at your measurement... easily 8 feet each... considering they are not built in, means more material used (laminates) so you are looking at the high end of the range... 2 x 8ft x $250 = $4000

changing of door direction will require some hacking and plastering work... replacement of door frame etc etc... all also charged individually... easily another $3-500

5. shower screen is glass or acrylic?

looking at the above 4 items, already more than 15k liow

you seriously need to revise your budget or your wants vs needs

visit my blog... it may be useful to your planning :notti:

On my way to fulfilling MI :bangwall:

Step 1 achieved:

1. Got already a quote for tiling :

Supply Labour & raw material (cement , chemical cement , white cement , W1) $1700

To lay tiles & skirting (600x600mm homogeneous) for Living & store room.

Supply Labour & raw material (cement , chemical cement , white cement , W1) $1800

To lay tiles & skirting (600x600mm homogeneous) for 3 bed rms.

Material haulage , Supply sand & haulage , Debris removal. $950

To construct cement base for kitchen cabinet. $250

total $4.7k :bangwall:

Step 1 achieved.

Step2:

2.To supply & install L-box **** rm for 32ft. $320

another !!

Edited by Relacker

well, this is getting interesting... getting done the things you did for your budget is no easy feat!

you coordinating the different portion to different contractors is it?

well, this is getting interesting... getting done the things you did for your budget is no easy feat!

you coordinating the different portion to different contractors is it?

I dun really coordinate them but e.g. with kitchen cabinet, i will ask the main con to do the cement base and electrical guy to do the wiring b4 the carpenter start. My whole family involved in it! :notti:

My parents -in-law volunteer to do the inspection, my uncle will help me negotiate and do the interfacing, very interesting indeed. I truly believe this mission impossible will be possible! !!

I now will also got a good contact for carpentry. I hope to do the carpentry for ~4k including kitchen cabinet, built in wardrobe. Let's see! :P

Hi, if possible do you mind sharing your contacts while telling us about how to go about meeting your budget??

I think alot of forummers will appreciate you for that! Hehe... !!

Hi, if possible do you mind sharing your contacts while telling us about how to go about meeting your budget??

I think alot of forummers will appreciate you for that! Hehe... !!

I will get all the quotes from the main con, carpenter, electrician and then list down the items and the charges. Then i will released the contacts to u guys.

still waiting for the quotes from the electrician and carpenter, hopefully get by end of this week.