Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Homeowner

Warderz Reno Blog

Aiyoh tell the aunty to stay in a kampung house lah if cannot stand the drilling symphony. :D:D:P

If she wants to complain show her the renovation permit, better still if you can pass hera photocopied piece.

For my reno werkz its more to carpentry but it really resulted in a big hole to my pocket. ($32k)

wa.. that's more than what we used to reno our whole house! My reno only cost us 23k+... :notti:

But carpentry work not alot lah.. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wa.. that's more than what we used to reno our whole house! My reno only cost us 23k+... :notti:

But carpentry work not alot lah.. :D

You can have a look at the breakdown of my reno at my t blog. Anyway urs is also a five rm rite?

Homeowner...how much did u get your unit for???

Erh...you mean the EM or the air-con? EM-$370k, aircon-$1559 (still considering).

Edited by Homeowner

Actually tot of buying an EM first cos i like the extra study room. But hubby gaainst the idea. He wanted 4 room cos he said can save more money in cpf. I kicked up a fuss so finally settled on a 5rm.

Wow..30k on reno...that's a lot! Mine is only 14k, not inclusive of electrical wiring and furniture yet.

Autumnzy, u should do what warderz said. Better still, slot in the photocopied permit under her main door..hahaha!

You can have a look at the breakdown of my reno at my t blog. Anyway urs is also a five rm rite?

No.. mine is 4-rm.. But my reno work quite major.. whole place flooring, painting, carpentry... and hacking...

Actually tot of buying an EM first cos i like the extra study room. But hubby gaainst the idea. He wanted 4 room cos he said can save more money in cpf. I kicked up a fuss so finally settled on a 5rm.

Wow..30k on reno...that's a lot! Mine is only 14k, not inclusive of electrical wiring and furniture yet.

Autumnzy, u should do what warderz said. Better still, slot in the photocopied permit under her main door..hahaha!

Ha ha.. cannot lah. wait she revenge come up to steal my tiles! :dancingqueen:

Was looking at 4 rm and 5 rm actually 'cos didn't want to spend too much. But, the asking prices of the 4 and 5 rooms were very expensive at my intended town - Serangoon - abt $300k :) ...So in the end, we bought the EM, more value for money. Was very fortunate to get it at that time 'cos the valuation has gone up.

Autumnzy, think your reno cost is quite cheap. I'm doing kitchen and 3 toilets for $21k+. But, I think I'm going to hit $30k after adding sanitary and kitchen items, air-con, electricals, lights and moving costs. To think my budget was $20k. 8|

Heheh, be understanding towards that poor aunty, lah! In Dec/Jan, my upstairs neighbour hacked without informing us. Only 1 day. My younger son freaked out (21 mths) and cried and cried :notti: Heart pain! Had to quickly make the children finish their lunch and take the children out. Was a little cross then because I could have made prior arrangements to go out had I known. So, I'm going to be careful and give my reno. permit with a little note to the neighbours around - upstairs, downstairs and two sides. :dancingqueen:

Autumnzy, think your reno cost is quite cheap. I'm doing kitchen and 3 toilets for $21k+. But, I think I'm going to hit $30k after adding sanitary and kitchen items, air-con, electricals, lights and moving costs. To think my budget was $20k. :unsure:

Heheh, be understanding towards that poor aunty, lah! In Dec/Jan, my upstairs neighbour hacked without informing us. Only 1 day. My younger son freaked out (21 mths) and cried and cried :notti: Heart pain! Had to quickly make the children finish their lunch and take the children out. Was a little cross then because I could have made prior arrangements to go out had I known. So, I'm going to be careful and give my reno. permit with a little note to the neighbours around - upstairs, downstairs and two sides. :notti:

ya.. my side also like that.. the electrical work + furnitures & accessories is also abt $10k+...

Actually I also got fault lah, I only informed the neighbours on my level. Totally forgotten about the top & below.. Guess it's out of sight out of mind ba.. :~

Was looking at 4 rm and 5 rm actually 'cos didn't want to spend too much. But, the asking prices of the 4 and 5 rooms were very expensive at my intended town - Serangoon - abt $300k :P ...So in the end, we bought the EM, more value for money. Was very fortunate to get it at that time 'cos the valuation has gone up.

Autumnzy, think your reno cost is quite cheap. I'm doing kitchen and 3 toilets for $21k+. But, I think I'm going to hit $30k after adding sanitary and kitchen items, air-con, electricals, lights and moving costs. To think my budget was $20k. :good:

Heheh, be understanding towards that poor aunty, lah! In Dec/Jan, my upstairs neighbour hacked without informing us. Only 1 day. My younger son freaked out (21 mths) and cried and cried :curse: Heart pain! Had to quickly make the children finish their lunch and take the children out. Was a little cross then because I could have made prior arrangements to go out had I known. So, I'm going to be careful and give my reno. permit with a little note to the neighbours around - upstairs, downstairs and two sides. !!

Wow its great to see ppl starting reno..hopefully mine can start fast..waiting for my loan to approve..

I didn't thought of informing neighbours about the reno work leh..come to think of it..better go inform..next time life will be better..Thanks for the note..and all the best to your reno.. 8| !!

Thanks and same to you, autumnzy, lynzi and wanderz! :cheers:

No worries, autumnzy... if not for that bad experience, I probably won't either (don't know mah!). :P

Latest updates as of today,

1.Platform and setty in living hall is up.

2.walk in wardrobe completed.

3.laminate for platform had arrived just now @ 3pm

4.Rinnai cooker RB-3si and hob RH-90cd had arrived just now @ 3.30pm

5.All the false wall, false ceilings and l-box are up.

6.Table top (India granite, galaxy) for cabinet had arrived.

7.Paintings have been completed.

Anyway according to ID will be ready on 23 or 24th of this mth. Most probably moving in to my new place on the 24th or 25th. :yamseng:;)

Let me try posting a pic of my living area,

almostcompleteqc1.jpg

The Living HAll

thekitchencabinetuy5.jpg

The Kitchen Cabinet

Edited by warderz

Wow. Lime green kitchen! !! I'm also going for black galaxy countertop.

Noticed that you have bravely opted for the Rinnai RB-3si. Was recommended that for saving gas but was too chicken to try out new technology...so decided to go for the tried and tested Rinnai RB-3SS. Please share with us how you find it after you've started cooking. :yamseng: Really interested to know...

Wow. Lime green kitchen! :deal: I'm also going for black galaxy countertop.

Noticed that you have bravely opted for the Rinnai RB-3si. Was recommended that for saving gas but was too chicken to try out new technology...so decided to go for the tried and tested Rinnai RB-3SS. Please share with us how you find it after you've started cooking. :) Really interested to know...

Allright I'll feedback to you how the RB3Si performs, but a definite thing is that cooking will not be a hassle for me as my mom is staying in the opposite block. I'll just have to ask my son to bring a few empty tupperware and fill it up @ my mom's place. :):dancingqueen: !!

Edited by warderz

Wah...your painting and ceiling works are done! Congrats! My reno is progressing slowly as I'm not in a hurry to move in also. My painting of the whole unit will be done later this month by my hubby, his frens and family..hehe. He die2 wanna paint himself so ok lor.

Btw, your unit is the one to the rite of the lift landing is it? its the corner unit rite??