Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Homeowner

Warderz Reno Blog

Haha...our hubbies seemed to prefer the same colour.

But come to think of it, I'm the one who will be using the room more than him as I always bring my work home and he doesn't. Even if he has work to do he can always go to his office...its just within walking distance...hehehe.

For me opposite, the study is my Hubby's world.. I'm more a living room person, as I like to multi-task (watch tv + eat dinner + surf net :thumbs up:). But Hubby need to be shut in one.. single-tasker.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went down to check what is the latest on my flat today, and was glad to see the entrance to my walk in wardrobe being completed. Oh yeah, Lynzi ur reno werks is going just fine and noisy, all the hackings can be heard from my hall. HA HA HA :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

If u r viewing ur reno progress, pls feel free to just walk to the blk which is facing ur hall and view the reno werks on the 6th floor corner unit. BTW just out of curiousity, ur place is on the 4th floor rite? Cause I've actually went for a viewing session with my agent to that unit somewhere last yr, but I think its too near to my mom's place which is also on the 4th floor of the opposite blk (683c). To make things worse her balcony is facing the unit's bedrooms. Aiyoh if there is a debate session with my wife, confirm my mom will be the first person to know abt it. Maybe one of this day I'll just drop in and kaypoh kaypoh see on ur reno if u don't mind. HA HA HA :thumbs up:;):~

Wow. That's really great! You're not changing any tiles, right? So, it's mostly carpentry work?

Yeah, u've got it rite, there will be no changing of tiles, most of it will be carpentry werks. The living hall will be overlayed with a laminated platform and above it there'll be another platform or what u call a setty. Anyway the previous owner was using a window unit a/c for the mbr, so decided to change the air con to a system 3 (Mitsubishi) @ $1950 from Ricool.

Edited by warderz

Went down to Sungei Kadut in the afternoon and settled all the purchasing for the furnitures and the children bedroom sets.

1. 5ft dining table - $1158/- bought @ Red Apple Interior furniture

2. Full Leather 3 seater sofa - $1188/- @ red apple interior furniture

3.Coffee table - $ 398/- @ Red apple interior furniture

4. King size mattress - $800/- @ Red apple interior furniture

5. 2 super single mattress & 2 single mattress - $135 each/- @ Novena

6. 3 egg stools - $49/- each @ Novena

7. Bunk bed for my 2 boys -

8. Super single bed for my princess -

9. 2dr wardrobe for her -

10. Study table for her -

11. Night table for her -

12. TV sideboard for the boys - Items 7 to 12 - $ 2397/- @ Novena

Phew.... :thumbs up:;):~:jawdrop:

:) Wah, three children!! :good: Good for you!!

Would you know what sort of insulation, piping and trunking you'd be getting for your Mitsubitshi non-inverter? I'm thinking of getting a non-inverter too. Thinking of LG 'cos nccc.gov.sg website listed LG as more energy efficient and 'cos it's cheaper. Any warranty?

Edited by Homeowner

Went down to Sungei Kadut in the afternoon and settled all the purchasing for the furnitures and the children bedroom sets.

1. 5ft dining table - $1158/- bought @ Red Apple Interior furniture

2. Full Leather 3 seater sofa - $1188/- @ red apple interior furniture

3.Coffee table - $ 398/- @ Red apple interior furniture

4. King size mattress - $800/- @ Red apple interior furniture

5. 2 super single mattress & 2 single mattress - $135 each/- @ Novena

6. 3 egg stools - $49/- each @ Novena

7. Bunk bed for my 2 boys -

8. Super single bed for my princess -

9. 2dr wardrobe for her -

10. Study table for her -

11. Night table for her -

12. TV sideboard for the boys - Items 7 to 12 - $ 2397/- @ Novena

Phew.... :good::):D:D

hihi.. do u happen to see any high and compact bar counter over at Sungei Kadut??

:D

Hahaha...is it that loud??

I have not went down to see the progress yesterday. My hubby went but he had no time to update me yet. Today if there is time maybe I'm coming down after werk in the evening. Maybe can kaypoh kaypoh check out your place...haha!:dribble:

Btw, at Sungai Kadut did u happen to see any sofa bed? Am currently searching for the rite one.

I have not went down to see the progress yesterday. My hubby went but he had no time to update me yet. Today if there is time maybe I'm coming down after werk in the evening. Maybe can kaypoh kaypoh check out your place...haha!:dribble:

Btw, at Sungai Kadut did u happen to see any sofa bed? Am currently searching for the rite one.

went to my unit yesterday to meet up with my ID.. upstairs renovating.. the drilling was soo dam loud that i had to loud into his ears!!

we were there for ard 15 mins.. my ear drums felt like bursting after i stepped out of the house!

Oh dear...didn't know its gonna be that loud. Well...can't help it. Just hope the neighbours won't too much fuss..hehe.

Thinking of LG 'cos nccc.gov.sg website listed LG as more energy efficient and 'cos it's cheaper. Any warranty?

I was having alot of problem with LG Artcool... finally changed to ME easy clean... more detail can read from my blog... don't recommend to buy LG...

hihi.. do u happen to see any high and compact bar counter over at Sungei Kadut??

:)

Ah bro, I saw one at novena sungei kadut. And trust me there are so may varieties of furniture and there are so many warehouses there, prices are also much more cheaper than furniture mall.

:):bangwall::bangwall:

went to my unit yesterday to meet up with my ID.. upstairs renovating.. the drilling was soo dam loud that i had to loud into his ears!!

we were there for ard 15 mins.. my ear drums felt like bursting after i stepped out of the house!

Alamak bro, if you still have ear plugs for range, just use it lah. ha ha ha. Just joking, anyway are you also a northener?

Oooh. Yah, lots of air-con people are surprised we want LG. :( Maybe I should think again.

Yeah bro, my air con contractor was also talking about this LG cheapo thing. He recommended me either the Mitsubishi or Daikin.

Homeowner...how much did u get your unit for???

Bought my place @ 290k. If you're wondering the size, its 125sqm. How bout urs, is it the one on the 4th floor? And how much u got it for. SQm?

I have not went down to see the progress yesterday. My hubby went but he had no time to update me yet. Today if there is time maybe I'm coming down after werk in the evening. Maybe can kaypoh kaypoh check out your place...haha!:(

I saw numerous nos. of sofa bed. But at where forgotten already lah. We went to 6 warehouses and almost everyone of it was having sofabed on display. You'll be spoilt for choice. The best part about shopping there is that there isn't any crowd like what u'll see in furn_tur_e m_a_l or ik_e_. But I like the services rendered by the staff in Red apple and Novena most, so helpful and friendly. Just a friendly advice,do not forget to bring along ur floorplan if u r hunting for furnitures k. I forgotten to do so the first time . :):bangwall::bangwall:

Went down to check what is the latest on my flat today, and was glad to see the entrance to my walk in wardrobe being completed. Oh yeah, Lynzi ur reno werks is going just fine and noisy, all the hackings can be heard from my hall. HA HA HA :bangwall::bangwall::(

Lynzi your reno can be heard from my side too!! only warderz's very quiet, both our house is in drilling symphony :)

Today I kana from my neighbours down stairs lor.. Cos I only inform the neighbours on my level. then this afternoon, while I'm there, one aunty came up with her daughter. Coincidence, i'm at the lift landing talking to my ID. She glare at me (while I kookoo tot she's one of my neighbours, and smiled at her :) ) and proceed to walked to my unit, then say very loudly that all the din is driving her nuts. Glare at me one more time, then take the lift down.

I'm jumping mad lor... :D

Lynzi your reno can be heard from my side too!! only warderz's very quiet, both our house is in drilling symphony :D

Today I kana from my neighbours down stairs lor.. Cos I only inform the neighbours on my level. then this afternoon, while I'm there, one aunty came up with her daughter. Coincidence, i'm at the lift landing talking to my ID. She glare at me (while I kookoo tot she's one of my neighbours, and smiled at her :notti: ) and proceed to walked to my unit, then say very loudly that all the din is driving her nuts. Glare at me one more time, then take the lift down.

I'm jumping mad lor... :(

Aiyoh tell the aunty to stay in a kampung house lah if cannot stand the drilling symphony. :D:P:P

If she wants to complain show her the renovation permit, better still if you can pass hera photocopied piece.

For my reno werkz its more to carpentry but it really resulted in a big hole to my pocket. ($32k)