Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oops... posted twice!

Love your atas-looking mattress and awesomely cool 4K TV!

Edited by hoWL
duplicate

8 hours ago, lifeissimple said:

looks nice!! can't wait for ur updates

Thank you! I've just update at my reserved post! I will do more when I have time! =)

Edited by Whisperer

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, Whisperer said:
Sharing some items I got from Taobao. 

1) Kitchen Sink - It include everything in this picture except the chopping board and the bowl of fake fruits. It cost less than SGD 200!

Inline images 1Inline images 1

Sitting on the concrete sink support!
20161203_105413.jpg    

2) Medallion
20161224_170411.jpg20170107_140552.jpg20170114_105151.jpg
Cost of this medallion is SGD30 plus. Installed by our own contact, he is a handyman and he did a great job installing it together with the fan.
The design of this medallion did not suit the fan's cap size and it was modified so that the cap of the fan can go through it. 
The effort was worth it, because I am not the one who does the job !!! Hahaha!

3) Customized Bathroom Door Handles
20160920_201700_mh1485434375367.jpg
Brass material. Had a hard time trying to communicate with seller . Luckily I got a good friend who is very patient and excellent in mandarin to help me communicate with seller.

4) Cutlery Tray
20161230_130609_mh1485434994211.jpg

There are more but I won't list everything down because my fingers are complaining and threaten to leave me already. All the track lights, wall lights, rain shower, basin, dinning table and many other things, even bed frame, all the things you would see from my future posts, are probably from Taobao except those electronics, bathtub and mattress etc which I posted in the earlier post are bought locally.  

It really saved, in terms of money and time, some of the things are just impossible to source locally. Down side is not all items are perfect when arrived. Such as the door handle. I guess it was not handled properly when shipping over. Managed to sand it smooth ourselves. =)

My contractor also got me to purchase things for him from Taobao. He just bought for fun I guess.
Oh ya, I will always consult him first before making any important purchase. But the problem is..his mandarin isn't good, so it is more challenging somehow when asking for advise.

But he is really very patient with me. I thought I asked a lot of questions but he is still quite nice to answer and go through them with me. 

where did u get the cutlery tray? can share?

Hi Whisperer, although your 3 room flat is small but your two bathrooms are big. I also noticed there are no waste water pipes in the bathrooms anymore. The pipes are now outside in the air-con ledge. To me that is a big improvement over older HDB flats.

Keep us updated with your renovation status!

Hi KFC1189  !

These days,  BTO's water pipes are at the top of the toilet, covered by the acrylic mesh as seen in the picture below.

1486385530037.jpg

I've read your T-blog, and you actually changed the entrance! That is astonishing! Nice clean kitchen btw ! =)

Edited by Whisperer

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:23 PM, Whisperer said:

Bought Bosch Oven hbn331e1k during the Best Denki sales.

604483860.g_400-w_g.jpg

Went to Geylang and Balestier to find my W/C. I don't like the vibe of all these shops. All the gangster salesman vibe. 

In the end I ordered from My Showroom and was so lucky that they were having promotion for the model I want! =) Saved $$$.

2 Jan 2017

20161231_161423.jpg

Called Crestar directly to order 2 of their Skylite fan in 55" - 6 Jan 2017

Delivered on 7 Jan

20170107_112326.jpg

Arranged Singa Plasterceil on the same day to cover up the ventilation hole.

Good service!!

20170107_174904_mh1483877289500.jpg

Hi. Can you share how much you paid to cover the ventilation hole with this special design? Is a great idea :)

@chubbymummy 

I paid $80. They got Group Buy too, it will be $50 but heard have to arrange on a specific date for the Block.  

There are 3 designs. You can go their Facebook to have a look. :D