Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krisietong

Who Bought An Unit In Blk 628, 629, 630 Of Jurong West St 65?

Who got an unit from these blks thr the recent WIS?? Let's gather here and share some reno tips.. :dunno:

I am getting my keys to my EA in Blk 630 next monday~ :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: !!

cya ard~

Edited by krisietong

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I am getting my keys to my EA in Blk 630 next monday~ :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: !!

cya ard~

:dunno: congratulation!

i'm your neighbour in your jw neighbourhood. :)

!! congratulation!

i'm your neighbour in your jw neighbourhood. :dunno:

hihi~ :)

I was thinking of painting one wall and the consponding ceiling to be bright green (the colour featured in the house of the show Parental Guidance)

my hubby was :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: now, trying to convince him that it will turn out nice..

hahaha

me , me I am frm 628... hehe

Use google sketch to do 3D with wall color for ur HB lor... dunno nevermind learn lor... I am learning as well hehe quite fun... see if the effect is nice or not.. keke

btw is ur unit facing the field or the carpark? if facing the field, living room is brighter can use darker shades... if facing carpark i think use lighter shades better... i seem my neighbour's unit (facing carpark) very dark esp when her floor is also those dark pink type of color... wah... like vampire house like that (hope she isn't in this forum hehe)

hihi~ :)

I was thinking of painting one wall and the consponding ceiling to be bright green (the colour featured in the house of the show Parental Guidance)

my hubby was :(:( now, trying to convince him that it will turn out nice..

hahaha

you mean you're going to paint your ceiling to green color?? :deal: advisable not to lor. :(

we engaged a fengshui master to view our house before we started to renovate. he advised us that ceiling must paint white color and no other colors. he said ceiling represents the sky therefore must be painted in white color. :P

you mean you're going to paint your ceiling to green color?? !! advisable not to lor. :deal:

we engaged a fengshui master to view our house before we started to renovate. he advised us that ceiling must paint white color and no other colors. he said ceiling represents the sky therefore must be painted in white color. :seeya:

keke.. thanks for ur advice..

but my hubby and I not into fengshui..

:good: I would like my sky to b lush green.. hehehe :)

keke.. thanks for ur advice..

but my hubby and I not into fengshui..

:seeya: I would like my sky to b lush green.. hehehe !!

if you all don't believe in fengshui then no problem liao. it's just an advise. for us, we believe in fengshui. :)

me , me I am frm 628... hehe

Use google sketch to do 3D with wall color for ur HB lor... dunno nevermind learn lor... I am learning as well hehe quite fun... see if the effect is nice or not.. keke

btw is ur unit facing the field or the carpark? if facing the field, living room is brighter can use darker shades... if facing carpark i think use lighter shades better... i seem my neighbour's unit (facing carpark) very dark esp when her floor is also those dark pink type of color... wah... like vampire house like that (hope she isn't in this forum hehe)

ya I got the Google sketch.. hehe took very long to draw up my whole house loh..

btw, my unit is at the carpark side, but its not facing the carpark.. my blk is along the road that leads to the carpark from the main road.

I am afraid that the unit will b a bit dark oso.. cos I noted that there is always no direct sunlight to my area !!

btw, is ur unit is facing the carpark too?? cos was thinking of putting only grilles at balcony.. but we r afraid that rain will splash into the area and wet my guinea piggies at the balcony :)

Edited by krisietong

btw, is ur unit is facing the carpark too?? cos was thinking of putting only grilles at balcony.. but we r afraid that rain will splash into the area and wet my guinea piggies at the balcony :)

why you want to install grilles? you've children? grilles will spoil the look of a beautiful balcony. !!

why you want to install grilles? you've children? grilles will spoil the look of a beautiful balcony. :jawdrop:

will b looking out for more open grilles loh :)

was thinking of doing it once and for all during the reno.. if not have to install in another few yrs time oso troublesome.

if rain can splash into the balcony den no choice have to get windows.. :yamseng:

even though I got no children, i got 3 guinea piggies in the balcony.. cannot get them to b wet.. hehehe

Edited by krisietong

ya I got the Google sketch.. hehe took very long to draw up my whole house loh..

btw, my unit is at the carpark side, but its not facing the carpark.. my blk is along the road that leads to the carpark from the main road.

I am afraid that the unit will b a bit dark oso.. cos I noted that there is always no direct sunlight to my area :yamseng:

btw, is ur unit is facing the carpark too?? cos was thinking of putting only grilles at balcony.. but we r afraid that rain will splash into the area and wet my guinea piggies at the balcony :jawdrop:

oh haha me also took quite sometime to learn how to draw a decent floorplan of my housie hehe ...

my unit is facing the field... ur unit is facing the rd means it's behind lor... i think it might be quite dark...

u must go open the door and view inside then u noe whether it's dark or not... but i think dun take too dark shades lor.. else might b quite dark... We using yellow for our living room also.. btw i dunno whether it's true or not but if non-white colors for ceiling will it be more ex? cos frm wat i noe they usu use Matex or Super Maxlite which are white paint and super cheap (~$18/7l can) whereelse those color ones are (~$30, pentalite, vinylex 5000) . I did my own painting that's why i noe the prices hehe...

for my unit, the rain do splash in leh but for the other side i dunno perharps u can build a small roof for ur 'babies'? or move them inside when it's rainin... i also dun like grilles but grrr... old folks insistence, gotta keep it (our unit is RP unit, grilles already there) ... or like most ppl in our area, window up the balcony (i feel look terrible)

oh haha me also took quite sometime to learn how to draw a decent floorplan of my housie hehe ...

my unit is facing the field... ur unit is facing the rd means it's behind lor... i think it might be quite dark...

u must go open the door and view inside then u noe whether it's dark or not... but i think dun take too dark shades lor.. else might b quite dark... We using yellow for our living room also.. btw i dunno whether it's true or not but if non-white colors for ceiling will it be more ex? cos frm wat i noe they usu use Matex or Super Maxlite which are white paint and super cheap (~$18/7l can) whereelse those color ones are (~$30, pentalite, vinylex 5000) . I did my own painting that's why i noe the prices hehe...

for my unit, the rain do splash in leh but for the other side i dunno perharps u can build a small roof for ur 'babies'? or move them inside when it's rainin... i also dun like grilles but grrr... old folks insistence, gotta keep it (our unit is RP unit, grilles already there) ... or like most ppl in our area, window up the balcony (i feel look terrible)

i will go look see when I open the door with the newly collected keys tomolo!!

actually I have seen some grilles that r very nice.. so it kinda change my impression of boring grilles :)

have u'll brought ur Parents/parents in law to visit ur unit??

Anyone have te same comments as my MIL??

1) JW=ULU

2) Block very old

3) too big for 2 persons

4) "xi zhao", face afternoon sun (got meh??? bull**** hehe)

my only feels the unit is abit too big for only 2 of us... cleaning might be a chore...

what makes u'll select tis area huh?

for me,

1) I dun like crowds, jams etc... so far away from city good

2) tis area near my parents IL (Ghim Moh, Buona Vista) and my house(Teck Whye CCK)

3) near Giant! means i no need to walk long long distance to get basic stuffs

4) not too big (130sqm only)

only regret is no bay(full height) windows (like the other 4/5 rms flats around the same cluster)... haiz...

share share ur views abt this area leh...

Edited by sunboi80

I brought my parents to our place yesterday...

my parents were complaining that it was too far for them.. as they stay in Sengkang. MY mother said she sat on my dad's motorbike until her bum was aching.. hahaha

however, they seems to like the area.. said its location is quite accessible.. near JP and within walking distance to GIANT and eating places. Thats what made us to decide on getting the unit! :notti:

When we were inside the house in the evening.. it was quite sunny but there was no glare in the house. The amt of light in the house was kinda comfortable...

Initially my parents were saying that 130sqm is very big.. but after looking at the house.. the house does not appear to b very spacious. I think it is easy to clean cos the EA is being compartmentalised into small areas.. so jus clean one area a day.. shd b manageable.

My dad was saying that we r quite lucky to have a rectangular layout flat.. so we dun need to do customised carpentary like they did for the Sengkang house.

Btw, the toilet door at the kitchen cannot make it one~ been to friends and relatives houses who use the same door for their toilet.. all of their toilet door r faulty!:dancingqueen:! Its either the lock was stuck or the handle broke. So we r definitely going to change the door regardless of cost!

Oh, do u smell something farnee when u r at the house?? I think it smell like something was burnt.. my hubby said we r near to a chocolate factory.. haiz, but it dun smell like chocolate leh.. if not I have no complains !!

Edited by krisietong