Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krisietong

Who Bought An Unit In Blk 628, 629, 630 Of Jurong West St 65?

I brought my parents to our place yesterday...

my parents were complaining that it was too far for them.. as they stay in Sengkang. MY mother said she sat on my dad's motorbike until her bum was aching.. hahaha

however, they seems to like the area.. said its location is quite accessible.. near JP and within walking distance to GIANT and eating places. Thats what made us to decide on getting the unit! :notti:

When we were inside the house in the evening.. it was quite sunny but there was no glare in the house. The amt of light in the house was kinda comfortable...

Initially my parents were saying that 130sqm is very big.. but after looking at the house.. the house does not appear to b very spacious. I think it is easy to clean cos the EA is being compartmentalised into small areas.. so jus clean one area a day.. shd b manageable.

My dad was saying that we r quite lucky to have a rectangular layout flat.. so we dun need to do customised carpentary like they did for the Sengkang house.

Btw, the toilet door at the kitchen cannot make it one~ been to friends and relatives houses who use the same door for their toilet.. all of their toilet door r faulty!:dancingqueen:! Its either the lock was stuck or the handle broke. So we r definitely going to change the door regardless of cost!

Oh, do u smell something farnee when u r at the house?? I think it smell like something was burnt.. my hubby said we r near to a chocolate factory.. haiz, but it dun smell like chocolate leh.. if not I have no complains !!

ya at first i tot 130sqm might be quite big but after i went into the unit err... it's not so big afterall.. after puting in all the furnitures i think also not much space left...

haha te toilet door u can ask the HDB contractor to change it ... $50/ door, bifold one room doors $30/pc, but workmanship not tat good... but it's cheap.. hehe

no leh i didn't smell anything funny.. the choco smell shld be a nice smell.. or is it ur neighbours are cooking?

did u hear aeroplanes flying pass? sometimes i heard many times in a day, sometimes none... dunno whether that will disturb u'll or not...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya at first i tot 130sqm might be quite big but after i went into the unit err... it's not so big afterall.. after puting in all the furnitures i think also not much space left...

haha te toilet door u can ask the HDB contractor to change it ... $50/ door, bifold one room doors $30/pc, but workmanship not tat good... but it's cheap.. hehe

no leh i didn't smell anything funny.. the choco smell shld be a nice smell.. or is it ur neighbours are cooking?

did u hear aeroplanes flying pass? sometimes i heard many times in a day, sometimes none... dunno whether that will disturb u'll or not...

I din hear any areoplane leh.. but the smell was quite distinct.. I smelt it before when I went to JP after I took half day leave.. mayb I have sensitive nose.. not sensitive ears.. hahaha

anyway, if the door that they're changing is the same old door.. den better give it a miss~!

Later I am going down to my unit to check for detects.. as well as check for afternoon glare.. :dancingqueen:

Edited by krisietong

I din hear any areoplane leh.. but the smell was quite distinct.. I smelt it before when I went to JP after I took half day leave.. mayb I have sensitive nose.. not sensitive ears.. hahaha

anyway, if the door that they're changing is the same old door.. den better give it a miss~!

Later I am going down to my unit to check for detects.. as well as check for afternoon glare.. !!

no no they will change to a nicer design door... not the old one... if replace the old door then FOC... if change to another design then need to top up... anyway the designs are limited also...

no no they will change to a nicer design door... not the old one... if replace the old door then FOC... if change to another design then need to top up... anyway the designs are limited also...

hmm... so I just submit that as a defect den the officer will come and I request for other doors?

hmm... so I just submit that as a defect den the officer will come and I request for other doors?

ya.. but most likely the HDB officer wun come down... she will pass the list to the contractor and the contractor will call u for a joint inspection... during the inspection u can ask him to change the doors and he will ask whether u wan to change back to the old type or the new type, he will show u a catalog...

for my case, he ask me.. so if he didn't ask u, u can ask him... hehe

ya.. but most likely the HDB officer wun come down... she will pass the list to the contractor and the contractor will call u for a joint inspection... during the inspection u can ask him to change the doors and he will ask whether u wan to change back to the old type or the new type, he will show u a catalog...

for my case, he ask me.. so if he didn't ask u, u can ask him... hehe

oh okie okie.. thanks for that!

I better go submit the list later..

but I dun have any defect to report except that the toilet door was 'old' looking with many stains..

haha.. oso dunnoe whether I got check thoroughly anot.. but I dun really find any serious defects ard.

the nxt complain is that there r some orange stains between the tiles on certain part of the wall in the toilet.. :dribble: but oso dunnoe how r they gg to retify it..

oh okie okie.. thanks for that!

I better go submit the list later..

but I dun have any defect to report except that the toilet door was 'old' looking with many stains..

haha.. oso dunnoe whether I got check thoroughly anot.. but I dun really find any serious defects ard.

the nxt complain is that there r some orange stains between the tiles on certain part of the wall in the toilet.. :dribble: but oso dunnoe how r they gg to retify it..

no defects?? cannot be lah, HDB service should be that good... bomb shelter door old looking? check windows, got any gaps? handle corroded? screws corrodeD? all the door handles.. rusty? got stains? toilet seats got the sticker? stains? window panes got scratches? just write everything u dun feel good about...

tat time i submited 2 pages of defects to them, but i dun think they fixed all... but at least the more major ones they fixed... so i never go pester them...

ur unit so good no defects... must go up and see...

no defects?? cannot be lah, HDB service should be that good... bomb shelter door old looking? check windows, got any gaps? handle corroded? screws corrodeD? all the door handles.. rusty? got stains? toilet seats got the sticker? stains? window panes got scratches? just write everything u dun feel good about...

tat time i submited 2 pages of defects to them, but i dun think they fixed all... but at least the more major ones they fixed... so i never go pester them...

ur unit so good no defects... must go up and see...

really dun have leh... the door knobs look new.. tap mixers r new - no doubt.. toilet seat got sticker.. but can clean off. Window Panes no scratches from what I know :) the rubber gasket at bomb shelter is intact.. main door no scratches..

Jus only the toilet door became yellowish with age.. den the main gate is filled with the stickers stain.. but hubby said can use paint to cover..

U wan to see my unit?? I am gg there to check again tomolo afternoon.. keke..

really dun have leh... the door knobs look new.. tap mixers r new - no doubt.. toilet seat got sticker.. but can clean off. Window Panes no scratches from what I know !! the rubber gasket at bomb shelter is intact.. main door no scratches..

Jus only the toilet door became yellowish with age.. den the main gate is filled with the stickers stain.. but hubby said can use paint to cover..

U wan to see my unit?? I am gg there to check again tomolo afternoon.. keke..

wah so good i think they went there to 'patch' up before handing over the unit to u... wat abt the walls? are they even? got any bulges? depressions anything? mine got sianz cannot do anything abt it also.. haiz :P

the walls looked fine.. no serious defects that make me :P:(

i think the HDB got contractors to do up the unit before we get the keys.. as we waited for 2+mths for it..

there was this one door knob left on the floor.. when I checked ard.. all the door knobs were intact on the door.. somemore the taps r brand new..

so I really think that HDB got the unit checked and retified before I got the keys .. !!

btw, I will b at my unit later ard in the afternoon 1+pm..

u can drop by loh.. :P

I am gg out to the doc liao.. will PM u my contact.. send me a sms if u r interested to spot check defects for me.. I am doing all alone cos hubby cannot get leave at all..

Edited by krisietong

the walls looked fine.. no serious defects that make me :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

i think the HDB got contractors to do up the unit before we get the keys.. as we waited for 2+mths for it..

there was this one door knob left on the floor.. when I checked ard.. all the door knobs were intact on the door.. somemore the taps r brand new..

so I really think that HDB got the unit checked and retified before I got the keys .. :sport-smiley-004:

btw, I will b at my unit later ard in the afternoon 1+pm..

u can drop by loh.. :D

I am gg out to the doc liao.. will PM u my contact.. send me a sms if u r interested to spot check defects for me.. I am doing all alone cos hubby cannot get leave at all..

hmm u are lucky then.. sighz.. mine got a few uneven walls around... sianz... but plastering the walls will cost alot of $$.. haiz and wifey dun like plastering also she say the plasters will crack after sometime... so gotta live wif it lor... i feel not too bad... if u dun observe carefully, u wun c te 'unevenness' i think now HDB walls most got such probs dunno where is their QC... haiz...

I also working leh... u gimme ur fone num, not afraid ur hb will think otherwise? hehe :notti:

i will only b at my unit on saturday/sundays leh... if u are around then can go up mabbe wif wifey to kpo hehe no see 'bare house' before... now quite busy wif work ..sianz sianz

there are a few more forumers pigcess,jessi ... also stay in our cluster... but after renos all disappear liao ..dunno go where liao...

ya i noe.. greycat is staying the same blk as me..

oso not much news from him

Hi everyone, juz to say hello.I will be moving in end of the mth to Blk 626. Hope to see ya ard cheers.

hi all! jus to say hello oso!! :P

hi thunderca, i oso jus got a unit at 626. u r on wich flr?