Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

eh anyone with Kenny from Summit Design as ID? Posted request for quote and Kenny got back to me. But I read through like nobody seem to post about Kenny.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There is always Pros and Cons regardless which Co or ID we have choosen but all depend on communication among both party.

I have engade ID from Summit Design to renovate my new flat. He is helpful and not pushy and able to accommodate my
constant changes in design and type of material use through out the renovation period.

I have moved in to my new flat since Sep 2012 and so far been satisfy with his service.

eh anyone with Kenny from Summit Design as ID? Posted request for quote and Kenny got back to me. But I read through like nobody seem to post about Kenny.

I too have posted and got an email from Chris. Any reviews for him?

Now that our renovation is done and we had finally moved into our place, there are some feedback for Summit Design!

ID - Carol Lim

Like many couples, we started scouted for an ID/contractor for our 4-room unit way before our keys collection. Carol gotten back to me after mass e-mailing recommended IDs. And so, we conversed for closed to 6 months before signing on the dotted lines. Throughout these 6 months, Carol was not stingy with practical ideas, experiences and designs with me. In fact, her replies were constantly prompt, usually within a day. One of the reasons we signed up with her was her patience. Not once did she hurry us to sign the agreement contract and that made us very comfortable with her. :thumbs up:

The quotation we received was not one of the cheapest, but upon comparison, it was reasonable. Furthermore, it was comprehensive with no hidden cost. Carol had frankly shared on why some items were more pricy compared to external sources and was cool when we intended to get our own contractor for some aspects of renovation. As usual, some firms line up with their own 'collaborators' for lighting, furnishings and whats not. Carol did not insist in bringing us over to the shops, and was okay with us getting our own stuff. :good: Later on, we even passed her our invoices so she can arrange for deliveries.

The renovation process was extremely smooth sailing and relaxing. We enjoyed having Carol updating us from time to time without having to ask. Works were completed according to schedule. Frankly, I wasn't expecting to be able to move into my place so soon due to the year end peak. But I was pleasantly surprised with Carol and she delivered what she promised. She was very accommodating with our feedback and did her best to solve all issues. We had a few very small uneven bumps on one of the laminates which my hubby did markings to remind Carol. We actually forgotten about it and mentioned nothing to her. However, she saw and even arranged for carpenters to return to re-laminate for us. One of our parquets were scratched so I dropped her a message. She told me she will take a look and soon, the floor was re-varnished (for free!) and looked better than the empty room done by the developers! :dribble: Handing over was extremely easy because of her frequent checks and updates so only touching up of paint was required. According to friends and family members who had renovation experience or had their places renovated, the workmanship was great! This gave us a huge sense of security! :sport-smiley-003:

In a nutshell, Carol gave us a wonderful experience as 1st time owners. Surprises (not shocks huh) were thrown to us each time we dropped by to spot-check see see look look. :sport-smiley-004: She made us miss the renovation journey! Highly recommended! :thumbs up:

Edited by punggolianaj

Dear all,

I went to summit 2 weeks back and met *****, who gave me lots of ideas on my soon-to-come bto flat (jun/jul), he was able to keep within my budget of about 18k. i was quite happy to meet him.

fast forward 2 weeks, after i left the joo chiat office, i have not contacted him since my bto is not ready and i thought i should let him take his time to work on the quotations. to my dismay, instead of himself, Shah emailed me that she will be taking over my project(due to ***** will be on course and he can't manage). i was kind of disappointed because should he being unable to take my case, he could have drop me an email and told me about it, then probably introduce me to another id - seeing that how personalized they are towards the rest of their clients found here. i just find it very abrupt to have someone else emailed me when i spoke to ***** for almost 2 hours and someone else takes the job.

right now, im not thinking of changing to another company because i have seen their works on this forums, thanks to everyone's generosity and courtesy of their photos.

my question is, has anyone engaged Shah?

oh and, any review about Shah is greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

We did shortlist but didn't engage her in the end because of inflexible pricing. Furthermore, her revised pricing keeps going up and she keeps giving excuses like intially she listed item a. as XX feet but now it's NN feet because she measure wrongly or forgot that we wanted that item to be of a particular lenght or didn't realise that a wall/beam/pillar is obstructing the way etc. She also likes to mention the dreaded word 'VO' when I haven't even sign or the mistake was due to lack of foresight in her design.

I found out Summit subcon everything out and this could be the reason for the above, unlike some ID companies which at least have their own factories.

She was very responsive though (which is good) and design wise ok only lah.. but I was fearful of what would've happened if I engaged her and then mid project she says she needs more money..

No harm talking to her though, who knows you might get a different experience..

Edited by hbk16

Any comments on the ID, Marcus from Summit Design Studio?

Thanks

I was also served by Marcus when I visited Summit Design. He is friendly to chat with, able to understand my renovation requirements and most important proposed design ideas that is able to suit my tight budget. He is also prompt in reply my emails and messages. I have already signed contract with him and awaiting my key collection.

oh and, any review about Shah is greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

This reply might have come in too late but Shah's currently working on my new Condo in the east. Also noted the interesting review by hbk16 as well on her(everyone's entitled to their own opinions no worries). Anyway here goes..

I won't talk about Summit itself as most people have already accurately pointed out that they sub contract the different workstreams (carpentry, electricals etc) to 3rd party and that their pricing is not very high but not cheap either so I won't go into that. I'll provide my views on the ID (Shah) instead from the time of pre-sales to realization(now) which is about a month. Note that this may change by the time my unit is handed over.

1. Customer Service - 10/10. She seems to be following a certain KPI w.r to responding to my sms or whatsapp messages. Most of the time it's within the hour(even on weekends/ PH) or else she'll reply that she will check with her subcon and revert by next working day. Emails are usually reserved for messages containing much heavier information (spreadsheets/ product specs etc) and obviously these stuff need time to digest.. but same thing, most of the time replied within the same day or at most next working day. She's never missed answering my phone calls even when she's with other customers, she'll answer and promise to return the call after. She had accompanied us to source lights as well as furniture so far and have bath accessories and another lighting shop planned as well after CNY. What stood out was that she doesn't have her own transport but she was willing to lug her heavy laminate & paint catalogs along without us asking when shopping for furniture.

2. Design - 7/10. We had done extensive research beforehand and hence most of the design ideas were ours. She did however took our ideas back and enhanced on them and the enhanced version turned out to be better :) I recalled spending a whole Sunday afternoon with her and her colleague Stephanie discussing on their design via sketches and best part was we had our 3 kids in tow which for which they provided coloring materials to keep them occupied. I think as a result, the 3D drawings turned out pretty well with the only changes required being the colors.

3. Project Management - 8/10. She handles her sub-contractors very well. If she says they will turn up on this date to do a particular job, by the next day when I inspect to have a look, its done. My Condo Management is really sticky but I think she's handled them well up to to this point. She's even willing to coordinate and manage contractors whom I sourced myself (not through her) since I'm able to get a better pricing via bulk purchase - so extra points for this.

I'll follow up with a review on her sub contractors once they've completed mid March hopefully. On the subject of VO as hbk16 pointed out, yes I did get VO'ed but it was due to my additional requirements after contract has been signed and pricing wise, well you get what you paid for and I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting so far with Shah. Hope my review helps.

• Like 1

I was also served by Marcus when I visited Summit Design. He is friendly to chat with, able to understand my renovation requirements and most important proposed design ideas that is able to suit my tight budget. He is also prompt in reply my emails and messages. I have already signed contract with him and awaiting my key collection.

Can I have his contact? Mind to share your quotation via PM?

Thank hbk16 and zlr for your replies.

Even thought i was shakened, i have to be fair to summit, ***** called me up about a week later to clarify and talked to me. I somewhat feel more balanced and assured that they do value their clients. I still like summit a lot based on how much I have seen on Renotalk and how ***** suggested to me ideas and designs.

Dear zlr, would you mind sharing with us pictures of your newly done condo? I would like to see if you are ok. smile.gif

Hi Everyone,

We would like to share our home renovating experience with all of you. Our house is a BTO flat situated in Punggol and underwent renovation from Nov 2012 Dec 2012. Handover was completed by end of Dec and we have moved in to our new house since end January 2013. Till now, everything is good.

Like many other couples, my wife and I had shortlisted a few recommended ID firms through Renotalk forum in the beginning stage and went down to get the quotations for comparisons. Summit Design was the first that we went to and we met up with ***. Being a first time house owners and newbie in renovations, both my wife and I do not have any theme in mind, unsure of what we want and all we know is we would like to have something unusual. The meet up with *** was a pleasure one as he gave us ideas on designs and even showed us some photos of his completed projects etc., which had gave us a good first impression on him. Subsequently, we went on to other ID firms but none of them gave better ideas than what *** had given us. That left us with an even better impression with ***.

*** replied us with the quotation within a week and upon making a comparison with the quotations received from other IDs, though *** quotation is not the cheapest, it is not the most expensive either. We decided to go with *** as we felt comfortable with him; he is willing to listen to our ideas and advise us what is practical and what is not, enhance our ideas to his design and most importantly, we like his design.

During the renovation period, he brought us to certain vendors to purchase the bathroom accessories and lightings etc. He would leave us to browse around and let us decide on our own on what to buy. At times when we were clueless on which to choose, he will pop by and gave his advice on which item will match our design more which we thought was very helpful. We would not say that the whole renovation goes smoothly without hiccups, but whenever there are any issues / queries which we encounter (fortunately, those are minor ones), we will text &/or call *** and he will addressed them accordingly and make sure the issues are resolved to our satisfactory. From time to time, he will also update us on the progress of the renovation. The renovation works went on according to the schedule provided by *** and handover took place by end of Dec 2012 which enabled us to move in by end of Jan 2013 before CNY.

Although the whole renovation cost exceeded our initial budget, we understand that this was all due to the design and the requirements on what we want. Therefore, as for price wise it all goes down to each couples needs and wants. So far my wife and I are happy and satisfied with what *** had delivered and we have also received good comments from our friends on the design of our house. With that, we would like to express our sincere thanks to Summit Design Studio, especially *** for his professionalism and the great service in the renovation of our house. We will definitely recommend Summit Design Studio to our family & friends!

Having said so much, below are some pictures of our home to reflect the great design by ***. :thumbs up:

IMG_7693_zpsb67c6793.jpg
IMG_7689_zps1ab5ca20.jpg
IMG_7701_zps0617a60a.jpg
IMG_7716_zps157e2f9c.jpg
IMG_7721_zpsad679648.jpg