Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matrixx

Dry Kitchen in Living Room

Hi,

Just wondering if it's easy to build a dry kitchen in the HDB living room, similar to a condo studio unit where the kitchen is located at the entrance.

I googled online, and only managed to find one example of a HDB flat where the ID shifted the kitchen into the living room. Minus the ugly pipes running along the walls, I'm trying to see if there are potential problems, issues.

Do we need HDB approval, if it's just a simple case of running the fresh water and waste water pipes into the living room? If needed, do you think it'll be a straightforward approval,or are there other considerations?

oc-kitchen-1.jpg

Edited by matrixx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just wondering, if you are planning to shift the kitchen into living room, then what will u put in your original kitchen? since all kitchen cabinets are already in the living room.

if you dont mind the small space, u can put the dry kitchen in living room. BUT, nowadays, the BTO flat are so small, it is really not a good idea to put it this way. it may look nice for a couple of years, but once you have your family living together e.g. kids, elders, it is really not feasible.

42 minutes ago, kangeroo168 said:

just wondering, if you are planning to shift the kitchen into living room, then what will u put in your original kitchen? since all kitchen cabinets are already in the living room.

if you dont mind the small space, u can put the dry kitchen in living room. BUT, nowadays, the BTO flat are so small, it is really not a good idea to put it this way. it may look nice for a couple of years, but once you have your family living together e.g. kids, elders, it is really not feasible.

Thanks for the advise.I do, however, have other plans of my own ;)

So u mean is that this is actual just a matter of good interior design and planning, and not so much of a HDB regulation roadblock?

yes of cos there are regulations. cooking can only be confined in the kitchen itself. u can, of cos, hiong, but then I doubt city gas people will lay the gas piping to your living room, as they know it is against the regulation