Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ah-bee

Employ Id & Get 3rd Party Contractor?

I have just confirmed with a id firm whom will provide me with only consultancy & project management work. Their service is quite unique as after the detail drawings are confirmed, they will invite some reliable contractors which they have worked with & also our own choice of contractors ,if any, to tender for the job.

I suppose we can compare apple with apple as the design work was provided by the id. Therefore in terms of pricing, it should be competitive. We can save some cost . Anyway, i will leave the project management to my id and if doesnt work well, i will go after them lor. :deal:

Hi purplec8, interested to find out more details also.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi ,

I paid about $6.3K for the package. It includes project management & 3 x shopping trip. At this moment, my id has already provided me with 4 x 3D perspective. Their 3D drawings are very impressive, it looks real like photo. Apparently, my ID is working on the detail drawings.

Once detail drawings are ready, they will invite contractors to tender for the reno work. Suppose to be very transparently according to them. Anyway, we shall see about it in another 2 weeks time.

By the way, anyone of you got any contractors to introduce? Someone reliable you know of?

Hi,

Have any one experience employing an ID as consultant and get a 3rd party contractor for renovation?

Will appreciate if you could share your views. :rolleyes:

Bad idea. Normally ID's not only come up with drawings to help you visualise their design, they also handle all the project management (ie find the contractor for you, find the materials for you, etc). If you just take the drawings and the list of materials from them, the savings may not be much but you take on all the work of finding a reliable contractor who knows what you ID wants and how to achieve what your ID visualised for you.

That is a tough order. Why do that to save $1-2k? The hassle of project management-- is it worth the saving?

Bad idea. Normally ID's not only come up with drawings to help you visualise their design, they also handle all the project management (ie find the contractor for you, find the materials for you, etc). If you just take the drawings and the list of materials from them, the savings may not be much but you take on all the work of finding a reliable contractor who knows what you ID wants and how to achieve what your ID visualised for you.

That is a tough order. Why do that to save $1-2k? The hassle of project management-- is it worth the saving?

You got the point., but, i still prefer to get the id to do the design & co-ordination, but our own contractor to do the renovation work.