Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maeryn

Moving Into New House

Hi Mace,

You were saying abt getting a monk to bless/cleanse the house... I was thinking of doing this cos mine is a RP flat & i do not know abt the history of the flat... i think i shld get a monk before i start reno...

Any idea how to go abt it?

should cost you around $200, cos we are asking them to do some other things so different pricing.

check the street directory

Tai Yeong Kon Temple

85A Silat Road (jalan bukit merah)

Singapore 168857

tel : 62710093

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks!

Will e priest/monk take a look at ur hse & advise u or they just do some rituals...

call them, they arrange their high monk to talk to you.

then you can ask him all the questions. how much, date...bla bla bla.

due to inconsiderate idiots, nowadays they have a price package for things they do liao.

they used to accept angbao, any amount, until many idiots put only $2 inside..... :notti:

transport $ leh? temple maintainance $ leh?

on the actual date of house moving, the high monk will come to house, do SHA JIN(撒 金)- cleaning/blessings. or even XIETU (谢土) for your completion of reno.

So is must be house moving or reno completion, can it be like after collect the keys or before reno, we ask the monk to come & look at the house to see if any problem anot... e.g. "something" that is not right?

So is must be house moving or reno completion, can it be like after collect the keys or before reno, we ask the monk to come & look at the house to see if any problem anot... e.g. "something" that is not right?

this you have to check with them liao.

usually what most pple do:

1) get fengshui master choose door opening date.

2) owner go open door

3) get fengshui master to see house, do planning, what to reno

4) starts reno

5) finish reno

6) dirty stuffs gets cleaned by contractor, dirty things the contractor cannot see then get monk to clean up the place.

Why platform bed is not good? if already have it wat to do?

for an chuang, wat is the procedure? i also thinkin to ask the person to deliver first.

Who says platform bed is not good? The japanese (among other culture) have been sleeping for so many century already. It is not advisable to sleep on the bed on the floor because you may get the chill during the night.

Hi Maeryn,

i also got a flat at simei.. which block are you shifting into?? :)

but i agree with you that the MBR toilet is a stupid obstacle to the layout.. anyway, my bed has to be on the opp side of the MBR toilet door so got the walking space issue.. sianz... can visualise??

my FS master said for flats, platform beds are okie as the HDB flats are oredi above ground level... 1st floor is the void deck mah... :bangwall:

Hi Maeryn,

i also got a flat at simei.. which block are you shifting into?? :)

but i agree with you that the MBR toilet is a stupid obstacle to the layout.. anyway, my bed has to be on the opp side of the MBR toilet door so got the walking space issue.. sianz... can visualise??

my FS master said for flats, platform beds are okie as the HDB flats are oredi above ground level... 1st floor is the void deck mah... :bangwall:

The previous owners did a L shaped study table from the window till opp the toilet, followed by the 6-door wardrobe on the same stretch of wall. So the bed can only be placed next to the MBR toilet wall area. My friend's flat has the same layout in Pasir Ris so she hacked 2 rooms into one and her bed is placed in the other room. I would have done the same if my unit is not 100% well renovated.

The previous owners did a L shaped study table from the window till opp the toilet, followed by the 6-door wardrobe on the same stretch of wall. So the bed can only be placed next to the MBR toilet wall area. My friend's flat has the same layout in Pasir Ris so she hacked 2 rooms into one and her bed is placed in the other room. I would have done the same if my unit is not 100% well renovated.

WAH!:D 6 door wardrobe... :dribble: i am also planning to do up a L-shaped study table opp the toilet.. similarly to yours but then my bed will be besides the study area... :rolleyes:

100% renovated?

But most importantly, do you like the design cos it will be you who will be staying at that place for the next 10 years. I had bought a move-in condition but I still went ahead with my renovation because I do not like the color of the kitchen cabinet, etc.

And some items like the stove and fridge and washing machine which you are getting, can they be fixed onto the same place?

100% renovated?

But most importantly, do you like the design cos it will be you who will be staying at that place for the next 10 years. I had bought a move-in condition but I still went ahead with my renovation because I do not like the color of the kitchen cabinet, etc.

And some items like the stove and fridge and washing machine which you are getting, can they be fixed onto the same place?

Of cos I like the current design else I wouldnt have paid a premium for it. Save the reno cost till I get sick of the current design.

Edited by Maeryn

Who says platform bed is not good? The japanese (among other culture) have been sleeping for so many century already. It is not advisable to sleep on the bed on the floor because you may get the chill during the night.

it's up to you to believe or not. nobody is forcing it down your throat.

btw japanese dont sleep on platform beds....since when har? they sleep on tatami and their house(traditional) is 3-4 feet above ground. even the olden days jap believes in fengshui.

care to elaborate what other civilisations "among other culture" sleeps on platform bed for centuries huh?

aztecs?

24.gif

platform bed is not good because Qi dun flow below.. Mace is correct.

the only civilisation that i know of, that sleep with direct contact with the ground are the african tribes.

even then not 100% of them cos some tribes lives in treehouses and stilt houses.

indonesians, malaysians, thai and japanese traditional houses(for centuries) are similiar in the sense that their flooring are built above ground with a empty gap. Qi still flows above and below no matter how they sleep.

japanese dun sleep on platform bed..

they slep on Ta Ta Mi.