Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

Recommended Posts

On 6/1/2017 at 11:18 PM, dietgalvon said:

UNBOXING OF TAOBAO ORDER 1

This shipment took 1 whole month to reach us because there the seller of the vanity set did not ship out the item! It took very long till ezbuy got back and I eventually cancelled the order. Part of the items already reached us earlier as they were shipped by air.

These are the items from order 1 which just reached us!

IMG_7464.JPG.ff45237be7deedbbff949a1ed21201ad.JPG

We have unboxed everything to check on the condition. Will do a review soon!

Hi ,

So Ezbuy deliver to yr Door step ? Or collection point ? ( Carpark) 

 

Thanks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 11:11 AM, Peterborough said:

Can I have contacts for these contractors? many thanks!

SERVICE YARD WINDOWS - JUN CONTRACTOR

BLINDS - U SERVICE

@Peterborough PM-ed

On 9/30/2017 at 6:35 PM, laylign said:

Hi @dietgalvon, may I know what is your evorich vinyl flooring colour? Thanks in advance!

@laylign I chose Ice Maple :)

On 9/30/2017 at 9:49 PM, Songz said:

The beanbags look so comfy !!! 

Just to check where did you purchase the bean bag and how much dies it cost ?? 

@Songz They sure are comfy; one of them came with removable cover, would be better if both came with removable covers! Both are from taobao - about $150 each.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:06 PM, simks said:

Hi dietgalvon, 

Thanks for sharing your reno journey. I would like to check with you for the name and contacts of the 3 ID/contractor below, and also for the window installation please. Thanks so much.

ID/Contractor - N from R*******
Contractor - E from DX I*******
ID - MH of L**** P****** S*******

 

@simks PM-ed

22 hours ago, sgdollposse said:

Hi @dietgalvon, may i have the contact for your windows? For the taobao items that you've purchased, do you assemble them yourself or you get your contractor to do it? Do they come with assembly manuals?

Lastly, any particular reason for not having wall skirting? Many thanks!

@sgdollposse PM-ed you on windows vendor.

For taobao purchases, we assembled mostly ourselves, save for the TV console that our electrician kindly helped us. Not all come with manuals and I do admit that it could be quite a headache. But the fiance managed to fix everything up because he can tell from the screws where they belong (lol). It would be a safe bet to get your contractor guys to help, though!

As for skirting, main reason was that I like my furniture flushed to the wall and it looks more minimalist like that. Doesn't collect dust too!

Edited by dietgalvon
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 11:35 PM, dietgalvon said:

 

@Songz They sure are comfy; one of them came with removable cover, would be better if both came with removable covers! Both are from taobao - about $150 each

Mind  sharing the link of the bean bags. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, it had been 7 months since I first started this thread, and 5 months since renovation started. We have pretty much settled with whatever sh*t our contractor had left behind. E did not get back to us on our query on the VO, the damaged service yard doors and the lousy job their tiler had done.

UPDATE ON COMMON TOILET GROUTING

HDB officer came and left. He said CX's tiler did a poor job in patching up the grouts and they won't be able to rectify it. He advised that the re-grouting is too small a job that he doubt any contractor would do. He advised us to go back to CX. My fiance did consider, but I'm rather worried (hiccups after hiccups when they came over and worse, we are completely being ignored now). For now, we would want to get a tiler to redo it for us so do drop me a PM if you guys know any tiler who don't mind doing a small job like this.

Previously, I told fiance that I want to leave a bad review here, to warn others against CX. He didn’t think that’s necessary because everyone makes the final choice themselves. But that day, he told me, “the least you could do is to leave a bad review for them”. LOL.

I'll get to it, asap. In the meantime, posting one of the final items we got for our home.

DIGITAL DOOR LOCKS :wub:

This is seriously one of the best things I've bought for the home. I LOVE THEM TO BITS. It is so convenient entering and leaving the home now! Doors unlocked within 2s with one fingerprint, and doors locked automatically after you enter/leave the home.

Background: Asking me to bring keys is one of the hardest things. The fiance and I got locked out of my home a couple of times because I rarely bring my keys lol. So, this is a necessity for us.

Cons: My mum reminded us of the possibility of being locked out if any of the locks fail us (especially we have it on both the metal gate and main door), but I chose to go all out. Keyless is still my priority. Furthermore, my friend who installed both had told me that so far it's been good for her. :yeah:

I did a fair bit of research and decided to get my locks off qoo10. Take note that not all locks can work on HDB metal gate. I also sourced for my own installer because the recommended installer from qoo10 seller charges a bomb. :angry:

Metal gate: Gateman F10 $127 
Main door: Samsung DP930 $405
Installation: $300 (both) +$100 for Gateman remote control

IMG_9344.JPG.dc90e3578a41107dc87ec9a60684cdc6.JPG

Here's the end product. The Samsung door lock goes well with my taobao door viewer (both are in rose gold)!

Although my metal gate and main door locks comes with fingerprint/pin and fingerprint/tag key/pin respectively, you can only use one feature to unlock at any one time. You can deactivate any feature, but not use more than one. Fingerprint feature is my favorite because it takes only 2s to unlock (tag key too, but it's not keyless so I don't fancy). ^^

IMG_9342.JPG.983cfd3232b42dda75cf028d0e050a83.JPG

View from the inside of the home!

Can you spot the Gateman remote control at the side?

IMG_9336.JPG.4db4f4378da7111dace819e8426aaa39.JPG

Well, I got the lock off qoo10 without opting in for the remote control because I don't know what it does. Turns out, the installer told  us that it would be hard to unlock the Gateman lock without the remote control (they sell it for $100).

The two options are:
1) Unlock using pin/fingerprint from the outside when you're inside the house.
2) Open the metal box of the lock using a key, reset 'something' which will open the gate, then lock the metal box back.

It's impossible to unlock the metal gate lock from the inside and seriously to use a KEY to reset a digital door lock? Of course we chose to top up $100 for the remote. It opens when we click the 'open gate' button.

JUST. SO. AWESOME. :yeah:

Edited by dietgalvon
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

Hello all, it had been 7 months since I first started this thread, and 5 months since renovation started. We have pretty much settled with whatever sh*t our contractor had left behind. E did not get back to us on our query on the VO, the damaged service yard doors and the lousy job their tiler had done.

UPDATE ON COMMON TOILET GROUTING

HDB officer came and left. He said CX's tiler did a poor job in patching up the grouts and they won't be able to rectify it. He advised that the re-grouting is too small a job that he doubt any contractor would do. He advised us to go back to CX. My fiance did consider, but I'm rather worried (hiccups after hiccups when they came over and worse, we are completely being ignored now). For now, we would want to get a tiler to redo it for us so do drop me a PM if you guys know any tiler who don't mind doing a small job like this.

Previously, I told fiance that I want to leave a bad review here, to warn others against CX. He didn’t think that’s necessary because everyone makes the final choice themselves. But that day, he told me, “the least you could do is to leave a bad review for them”. LOL.

I'll get to it, asap. In the meantime, posting one of the final items we got for our home.

DIGITAL DOOR LOCKS :wub:

This is seriously one of the best things I've bought for the home. I LOVE THEM TO BITS. It is so convenient entering and leaving the home now! Doors unlocked within 2s with one fingerprint, and doors locked automatically after you enter/leave the home.

Background: Asking me to bring keys is one of the hardest things. The fiance and I got locked out of my home a couple of times because I rarely bring my keys lol. So, this is a necessity for us.

Cons: My mum reminded us of the possibility of being locked out if any of the locks fail us (especially we have it on both the metal gate and main door), but I chose to go all out. Keyless is still my priority. Furthermore, my friend who installed both had told me that so far it's been good for her. :yeah:

I did a fair bit of research and decided to get my locks off qoo10. Take note that not all locks can work on HDB metal gate. I also sourced for my own installer because the recommended installer from qoo10 seller charges a bomb. :angry:

Metal gate: Gateman F10 $127 
Main door: Samsung DP930 $405
Installation: $300 (both) +$100 for Gateman remote control

IMG_9344.JPG.dc90e3578a41107dc87ec9a60684cdc6.JPG

Here's the end product. The Samsung door lock goes well with my taobao door viewer (both are in rose gold)!

Although my metal gate and main door locks comes with fingerprint/pin and fingerprint/tag key/pin respectively, you can only use one feature to unlock at any one time. You can deactivate any feature, but not use more than one. Fingerprint feature is my favorite because it takes only 2s to unlock (tag key too, but it's not keyless so I don't fancy). ^^

IMG_9342.JPG.983cfd3232b42dda75cf028d0e050a83.JPG

View from the inside of the home!

Can you spot the Gateman remote control at the side?

IMG_9336.JPG.4db4f4378da7111dace819e8426aaa39.JPG

Well, I got the lock off qoo10 without opting in for the remote control because I don't know what it does. Turns out, the installer told  us that it would be hard to unlock the Gateman lock without the remote control (they sell it for $100).

The two options are:
1) Unlock using pin/fingerprint from the outside when you're inside the house.
2) Open the metal box of the lock using a key, reset 'something' which will open the gate, then lock the metal box back.

It's impossible to unlock the metal gate lock from the inside and seriously to use a KEY to reset a digital door lock? Of course we chose to top up $100 for the remote. It opens when we click the 'open gate' button.

JUST. SO. AWESOME. :yeah:

Nice! how often do you need to charge or change the battery? Does it use normal battery? Quite worried about the lock losing power and you're stuck outside the house.

Can you share the installer contact? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, will try to keep my advise short since i am unable to pm u. If i were in ur situation, i would not fix the toilet tiles and whatever damaged items b4 coming to an agreement with contractor on the amt of discount to be deducted frm final payment. I wld advise on taking a softer approach when dealing with your contractor mainly bcos those thgs are not part of the contract. Have u wondered why those thgs r damaged and not thgs supplied by contractor like cabinet etc....just some food for thought here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 12:26 PM, Lunffy said:

Nice! how often do you need to charge or change the battery? Does it use normal battery? Quite worried about the lock losing power and you're stuck outside the house.

Can you share the installer contact? 

@Lunffy Was told that the batteries can last 6 months to a year. My friend's low batt alert came when it's close to a year. The Samsung one has an emergency key (which I will keep with my mum who lives nearby) and I believe the Gateman also has its mechanism; I haven't really explored it!

I used mydigitallock's service.

On 10/9/2017 at 12:43 PM, spikeling said:

Hi, I am also interested to get the Gateman Lock. Do you have the Qoo10 link? Thks!

@spikeling The seller is CnK21.

5 hours ago, fingerscross said:

Hi, will try to keep my advise short since i am unable to pm u. If i were in ur situation, i would not fix the toilet tiles and whatever damaged items b4 coming to an agreement with contractor on the amt of discount to be deducted frm final payment. I wld advise on taking a softer approach when dealing with your contractor mainly bcos those thgs are not part of the contract. Have u wondered why those thgs r damaged and not thgs supplied by contractor like cabinet etc....just some food for thought here.

 

@fingerscross We ain't even aggressive towards our contractor, we told them the issues, sent the pictures and put forth our enquiries as a matter-of-factly (no more smiley faces and all but surely not mean to them). But firstly, they denied the damages and when I further explained, they simply ignored us. So, we are quite at a loss, surely cannot be waiting for them forever. They had ignored us for 2 weeks.

Edited by dietgalvon
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, dietgalvon said:

Hello all, it had been 7 months since I first started this thread, and 5 months since renovation started. We have pretty much settled with whatever sh*t our contractor had left behind. E did not get back to us on our query on the VO, the damaged service yard doors and the lousy job their tiler had done.

UPDATE ON COMMON TOILET GROUTING

HDB officer came and left. He said CX's tiler did a poor job in patching up the grouts and they won't be able to rectify it. He advised that the re-grouting is too small a job that he doubt any contractor would do. He advised us to go back to CX. My fiance did consider, but I'm rather worried (hiccups after hiccups when they came over and worse, we are completely being ignored now). For now, we would want to get a tiler to redo it for us so do drop me a PM if you guys know any tiler who don't mind doing a small job like this.

Previously, I told fiance that I want to leave a bad review here, to warn others against CX. He didn’t think that’s necessary because everyone makes the final choice themselves. But that day, he told me, “the least you could do is to leave a bad review for them”. LOL.

I'll get to it, asap. In the meantime, posting one of the final items we got for our home.

DIGITAL DOOR LOCKS :wub:

This is seriously one of the best things I've bought for the home. I LOVE THEM TO BITS. It is so convenient entering and leaving the home now! Doors unlocked within 2s with one fingerprint, and doors locked automatically after you enter/leave the home.

Background: Asking me to bring keys is one of the hardest things. The fiance and I got locked out of my home a couple of times because I rarely bring my keys lol. So, this is a necessity for us.

Cons: My mum reminded us of the possibility of being locked out if any of the locks fail us (especially we have it on both the metal gate and main door), but I chose to go all out. Keyless is still my priority. Furthermore, my friend who installed both had told me that so far it's been good for her. :yeah:

I did a fair bit of research and decided to get my locks off qoo10. Take note that not all locks can work on HDB metal gate. I also sourced for my own installer because the recommended installer from qoo10 seller charges a bomb. :angry:

Metal gate: Gateman F10 $127 
Main door: Samsung DP930 $405
Installation: $300 (both) +$100 for Gateman remote control

IMG_9344.JPG.dc90e3578a41107dc87ec9a60684cdc6.JPG

Here's the end product. The Samsung door lock goes well with my taobao door viewer (both are in rose gold)!

Although my metal gate and main door locks comes with fingerprint/pin and fingerprint/tag key/pin respectively, you can only use one feature to unlock at any one time. You can deactivate any feature, but not use more than one. Fingerprint feature is my favorite because it takes only 2s to unlock (tag key too, but it's not keyless so I don't fancy). ^^

IMG_9342.JPG.983cfd3232b42dda75cf028d0e050a83.JPG

View from the inside of the home!

Can you spot the Gateman remote control at the side?

IMG_9336.JPG.4db4f4378da7111dace819e8426aaa39.JPG

Well, I got the lock off qoo10 without opting in for the remote control because I don't know what it does. Turns out, the installer told  us that it would be hard to unlock the Gateman lock without the remote control (they sell it for $100).

The two options are:
1) Unlock using pin/fingerprint from the outside when you're inside the house.
2) Open the metal box of the lock using a key, reset 'something' which will open the gate, then lock the metal box back.

It's impossible to unlock the metal gate lock from the inside and seriously to use a KEY to reset a digital door lock? Of course we chose to top up $100 for the remote. It opens when we click the 'open gate' button.

JUST. SO. AWESOME. :yeah:

Hi! Can you please PM me your contacts for the digital locks and installer please? Thank you!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×