Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 8/14/2017 at 10:33 PM, dietgalvon said:

@kennylwf PM sent!

@Blade07 Nope, because no one actually feedback that their hood is useful. :x And if it spoils, it takes too much effort to replace it (most people just let it be). Most importantly, I rarely cook so don't see the need for it. Hahaha.

Yes yes I don't see the need too.. but i went sourcing out for over and hob... Then the package price seems cheaper.....argh... Well let's see how.

Anyway your blinds looka great :)

On 8/21/2017 at 9:18 AM, ahmiu said:

Ok I'll try suggest to my contractor again! 

I can't PM you too but I've cleared all the rubbish in my inbox; hopefully can PM now.

Also love your blinds; can suen bian share the vendors? Haha

@ahmiu PMed

On 8/22/2017 at 1:33 AM, spooky said:

Your MBR looks super cosy :) esp now with the mattress and blinds in. Quite unusual that the curtains vendor would get upset that you guys approached others for quote though. That's completely normal behavior. And the living room blinds do an awesome job of hiding the aircon trunking! Almost can pretend its not there anymore, hahaha

@spooky Yup I think the blinds really make the home more complete! 

Yah I thought so too. I was a little pissed because they said they came from central all the way to the far west. But during installation, they told my fiance that they are doing this business solely to benefit new home owners (i.e. reasonable price) so they are actually not earning much. That's why they are not pleased that we are actually waiting for another quote haha.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:47 AM, hooikj said:

Hi,

Can share contacts for windows contractor and curtain/blind contractors? Thanks! 

@hooikj PM sent

On 8/22/2017 at 4:19 PM, Blade07 said:

Yes yes I don't see the need too.. but i went sourcing out for over and hob... Then the package price seems cheaper.....argh... Well let's see how.

Anyway your blinds looka great :)

@Blade07 Thankssss for your kind words!

On 8/22/2017 at 11:51 PM, Seeearn said:

Hi there! 

Your house looks lovely! Can you share the contacts of your 5 (J&E) and 7th (ID- MH of LPS)? Thanks!

@Seeearn PM sent

On 8/23/2017 at 1:15 PM, usemfb said:

Hi! Could you please share with me the contact for J&E and MH pls? Thank you.

@usemfb PM sent

On 8/24/2017 at 4:28 AM, koche77 said:

Pls advise for your blind vendor's contact number.

Many thanks

@koche77 PM sent

On 8/24/2017 at 10:04 AM, CJES said:

Hi dietgalvon, can u share the quotation and contact for window blinds Vendor 1?

@CJES PM sent

On 8/24/2017 at 0:07 PM, typkoon1312 said:

Hi, could you PM me J&E's contact info. Thanks :-)

@typkoon1312 PM sent

On 26/07/2017 at 10:39 PM, dietgalvon said:

HANDOVER...?

It was supposedly the day of handover, but I'm not sure if last Saturday was the actual one. Rectification has not completed and E said they will finish up within these few days. But we have already finalized the VO. Final cost of renovation (carpentry, flooring and windows) works out to be a little less than $31k. It's still pretty decent, I guess! We saved a little on our kitchen carpentry as it turns out to be 3 feet lesser than what's reflected in the floor plan heh.

Mounting of TV on partition wall

I wonder why now flats come with partition walls. -_- Both our living room and MBR TV walls are partition walls. J advised that it is not safe to mount a 50" TV on a partition wall. We decided to only mount the TV in the MBR, so E arranged someone to add some wood and plaster back the wall. TV would be mounted on the wood instead.

IMG_8212.JPG.9350d24c751e2f17bb58ef8e4c59d984.JPG

Touch up works

I hope this will help those who engaged J & E!

1. Two carpentry guys came over to rectify the defects, but I wasn't impressed by their attitude. There were some defects they gave us some excuses and normally one would budge. But as I am pretty anal, I asked 1 million questions on why it cannot be done. In the end one of the guys fixed it lor. But they managed to rectify all defects in the end. Make sure things are done to your satisfaction!

2. Painter came and repaint the areas which were previously not done thoroughly. No complaints about him as he quietly does his job... pretty well.

3. Drilling works was done by another guy, and boy, he was SO METICULOUS. Wished he was the one who drilled our bathroom accessories.

(Their electrician is also VERY meticulous although the pricing is on the high side lol.)

4. Next, E came up and explained to us the VO. He went through with us every item in the quotation and variation order against the actual measurements in our home. (I feel that this is good practice!:yeah:) Pointed out to him on certain items that we didn't requested and he was quite cool about it. He bought the issue back to J and he rounded down the figure slightly. It was good enough to the fiance so we left it at that.

DELIVERIES

We arranged for our deliveries as it was handover day. The place is starting to look like a home. :)

IMG_8223.JPG.084ac7f07ef184272bcd62acb55a95b3.JPG

Living Room TV! Electrical points conveniently shifted to the middle of the TV console.

IMG_8221.JPG.c908d82084434af8906d77ace2a7e8e1.JPG

MBR TV! We have a powerpoint behind the TV so the wire will not be visible. Our Philips TV comes with a 2 pin plug which cannot fit between the wall and the TV. We will get it changed to a 3 pin plug.

IMG_8224.JPG.cde0a2babd55532010264539d9d37ae1.JPG

Fridge!

IMG_8225.JPG.c03624eb75a8d1f1f0c8b527f0ae69cf.JPG

Washer & Dryer! We stacked them up; the height is okay, would not affect the laundry pulley system. The water hose given by Bosch does not fit the BTO tap. Need to get a compatible water hose. Troublesomeeee.

TAOBAO PURCHASES

We had some time so was fixing up taobao buys. Review time!

Stools

IMG_8216.JPG.5552f4d6438478a610eaf06791bc9c9f.JPG

Very pretty stools which are also very easy to fix. These cost about the same as the similar stools from IKEA. :o

Side Table

IMG_8226.JPG.c2f0737036c15a7501772cb8457dccb6.JPG

Previously posted the un-assembled state of this table. The quality is awesome and this is really so pretty! You may find this familiar because it looks the same as a particular series of furniture that Comfort Design carries...

IMG_8227.JPG.ae49003bcb63f6d2f2e9c33c9989ae7b.JPG

It has the same 'logo' that the same series of furniture that Comfort Design carries!! No wonder I saw items from this seller in Comfort Design lol.

Cutlery Strainer

IMG_8233.JPG.3728c74d8e5766f6f6195dea5000aeab.JPG

Sorry, too cute not to share. :P

do you mind sharing the ezbuy link for your tv console? they look pretty!:)

FINAL RECTIFICATION OF DEFECTS

Yesterday, E sent his guys to rectify the defects found after (supposedly) the handover. Seems like the defects are always popping out from nowhere.

IMG_8720.JPG.41eadcfee6c44a37f37fda85aa919c06.JPG

Electrician installed the fan which we made 3 trips into JB for. Glad that it's working well now.

IMG_8727.JPG.451637a4616c1f79d6ba01798803119d.JPG

MBR; messy wires hidden behind the TV!  TV came with a 2-pin plug which cannot fit behind the TV initially, and we couldn't find a 3-pin one from stores. So we got electrician to change to a 3-pin plug for us. If possible, should take note of the placement of TV so can plan the exact location for power point as well.

After the acid-wash (I think, or before handover), we realized that the grouting of common toilet, service yard and kitchen has gaps and got E to arrange to get it re-grouted.

IMG_8730.JPG.1f77a8e04748b42a08055f8bdde089e6.JPG

This was the re-grouted state of the service yard.

IMG_8725.JPG.dffa3db8bc94fbf8998203dc8c7033ca.JPG

This is the common toilet which the tiler refused to re-grout. Prior, we already told E of this problem but his tiler refused to do it. In the end when the toilet was wet, he asked us to point out the gaps, which was hard because the floor is wet! Fiance went on all fours to look for gaps and tiler only filled those areas with cement but not grouting powder. Now, the grouts are of different colours. I am not too happy with E's management of this as he said if we want tiler to come back, we need to pay and that no works were done here so they weren't the one who caused it.

Before renovation, we gave a flat with perfect grouting, was I too much to ask for the same to be handed back to me? Coupled with other issues (I will do a review later on), I got really angered and called Edmund regarding this. In the end he said he will do the grouting for us when he's nearby. -__-

IMG_8719.JPG.4f9a4b0dd05728d7aeb702eb6be9ca35.JPG

Painter did a really bad job as well (will review later too). -__- We had to scrape all these off our vinyl flooring ourselves, instructed by the worker who came to rectify the defects. My patience is seriously running low at this point!

Well, the only comforting thing was that we fixed up the door viewer from taobao.

IMG_8721.JPG.4790120a2d490c43ba3f1ee8c8c1a8d0.JPG

And it works mighty well! Pretty cool I would say. No more squinting into the peephole anymore. Hehe.