Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

9 hours ago, spooky said:

Congrats on reno completion!! The edges are visible because of not having ABS trimming, right? Did you ask if they can 'hide' the black lines using carpenter's paint? My ID mentioned that.

Did you ask E to change the toilet panels to acrylic ones?

Thanks @spooky once carpentry are in things move really fast! Enjoy the rest of your reno journey!

Yup, for my white laminates, they did tried to use permanent marker pen to draw on it. It does look nicer now. But my woody laminate, can't be helped. :(

For the acrylic panels, honestly no. Perhaps he has too many projects, he added in some items that we didn't request and billed us. But the fiance say since it's done, so be it. He didn't want me to bring these up lol. -_-

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i didnt know the laminates that come with banding are the expensive ones. i chose a lamitak one that has banding but my contractor didnt mention anything about topping up. he only said as long as the laminates arent very expensive like metallic ones it should be ok. keeping my fingers crossed that the matching banding wont be a VO. i better ask him! 

9 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

@ccw562904 I didn't look that close, but service yard windows are regulated by HDB, the windows are standard. So I don't think there is any option anyway! PM sent.

PM sent.

can PM your contact for the window contractor and the toilet PD door and the quote.

Edited by S750WP

9 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

Thanks @spooky once carpentry are in things move really fast! Enjoy the rest of your reno journey!

Yup, for my white laminates, they did tried to use permanent marker pen to draw on it. It does look nicer now. But my woody laminate, can't be helped. :(

For the acrylic panels, honestly no. Perhaps he has too many projects, he added in some items that we didn't request and billed us. But the fiance say since it's done, so be it. He didn't want me to bring these up lol. -_-

Do u mean they did up the acrylic panels on their own accord but bill you for it? Able to share what are the other things u didn't request but they did and Bill you? We are still in the midst of Reno with them and want to avoid these!

7 hours ago, matchalatte said:

i didnt know the laminates that come with banding are the expensive ones. i chose a lamitak one that has banding but my contractor didnt mention anything about topping up. he only said as long as the laminates arent very expensive like metallic ones it should be ok. keeping my fingers crossed that the matching banding wont be a VO. i better ask him! 

@matchalatte Actually most of my carpentry comes with the ABS trimmings. There are some which are out of the standard dimensions, only these will not have ABS trimmings. As long as your carpentry dimensions are standard, then no issue!

1 hour ago, S750WP said:

can PM your contact for the window contractor and the toilet PD door and the quote.

@S750WP PM sent!

1 hour ago, p31j1n said:

Do u mean they did up the acrylic panels on their own accord but bill you for it? Able to share what are the other things u didn't request but they did and Bill you? We are still in the midst of Reno with them and want to avoid these!

@p31j1n Well, yes. But from what E said, I guess he thought he had informed us. Also like extra wire basket in the kitchen that we didn't request for.

I think they are ok lah. Likely too many projects so he might forget to tell us/did not check with us on certain things. We mostly did not mind as most of the items we would top up anyway, but there are some items which I wouldn't. Perhaps if you see something extra, you can tell him immediately so at least during VO, you can tell him you told him before already.

Hi, did you buy the track (for track lights) from ezbuy? Could I get the link?? I am advised not to get from taobao too but the difference is alot! Haha I can't seem to find reinforced ones though on Ezbuy itself so hope you can help.

For the windows and grills, would like to get the contact for the person too. Hopefully dealing direct with the person could save us some costs. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Blade07 said:

Hi, did you buy the track (for track lights) from ezbuy? Could I get the link?? I am advised not to get from taobao too but the difference is alot! Haha I can't seem to find reinforced ones though on Ezbuy itself so hope you can help.

For the windows and grills, would like to get the contact for the person too. Hopefully dealing direct with the person could save us some costs. Thanks!

@Blade07 Here's the link: https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000000185760.html.

Also PMed you on the windows contact. :)

• Like 1

HANDOVER...?

It was supposedly the day of handover, but I'm not sure if last Saturday was the actual one. Rectification has not completed and E said they will finish up within these few days. But we have already finalized the VO. Final cost of renovation (carpentry, flooring and windows) works out to be a little less than $31k. It's still pretty decent, I guess! We saved a little on our kitchen carpentry as it turns out to be 3 feet lesser than what's reflected in the floor plan heh.

Mounting of TV on partition wall

I wonder why now flats come with partition walls. -_- Both our living room and MBR TV walls are partition walls. J advised that it is not safe to mount a 50" TV on a partition wall. We decided to only mount the TV in the MBR, so E arranged someone to add some wood and plaster back the wall. TV would be mounted on the wood instead.

IMG_8212.JPG.9350d24c751e2f17bb58ef8e4c59d984.JPG

Touch up works

I hope this will help those who engaged J & E!

1. Two carpentry guys came over to rectify the defects, but I wasn't impressed by their attitude. There were some defects they gave us some excuses and normally one would budge. But as I am pretty anal, I asked 1 million questions on why it cannot be done. In the end one of the guys fixed it lor. But they managed to rectify all defects in the end. Make sure things are done to your satisfaction!

2. Painter came and repaint the areas which were previously not done thoroughly. No complaints about him as he quietly does his job... pretty well.

3. Drilling works was done by another guy, and boy, he was SO METICULOUS. Wished he was the one who drilled our bathroom accessories.

(Their electrician is also VERY meticulous although the pricing is on the high side lol.)

4. Next, E came up and explained to us the VO. He went through with us every item in the quotation and variation order against the actual measurements in our home. (I feel that this is good practice!:yeah:) Pointed out to him on certain items that we didn't requested and he was quite cool about it. He bought the issue back to J and he rounded down the figure slightly. It was good enough to the fiance so we left it at that.

DELIVERIES

We arranged for our deliveries as it was handover day. The place is starting to look like a home. :)

IMG_8223.JPG.084ac7f07ef184272bcd62acb55a95b3.JPG

Living Room TV! Electrical points conveniently shifted to the middle of the TV console.

IMG_8221.JPG.c908d82084434af8906d77ace2a7e8e1.JPG

MBR TV! We have a powerpoint behind the TV so the wire will not be visible. Our Philips TV comes with a 2 pin plug which cannot fit between the wall and the TV. We will get it changed to a 3 pin plug.

IMG_8224.JPG.cde0a2babd55532010264539d9d37ae1.JPG

Fridge!

IMG_8225.JPG.c03624eb75a8d1f1f0c8b527f0ae69cf.JPG

Washer & Dryer! We stacked them up; the height is okay, would not affect the laundry pulley system. The water hose given by Bosch does not fit the BTO tap. Need to get a compatible water hose. Troublesomeeee.

TAOBAO PURCHASES

We had some time so was fixing up taobao buys. Review time!

Stools

IMG_8216.JPG.5552f4d6438478a610eaf06791bc9c9f.JPG

Very pretty stools which are also very easy to fix. These cost about the same as the similar stools from IKEA. :o

Side Table

IMG_8226.JPG.c2f0737036c15a7501772cb8457dccb6.JPG

Previously posted the un-assembled state of this table. The quality is awesome and this is really so pretty! You may find this familiar because it looks the same as a particular series of furniture that Comfort Design carries...

IMG_8227.JPG.ae49003bcb63f6d2f2e9c33c9989ae7b.JPG

It has the same 'logo' that the same series of furniture that Comfort Design carries!! No wonder I saw items from this seller in Comfort Design lol.

Cutlery Strainer

IMG_8233.JPG.3728c74d8e5766f6f6195dea5000aeab.JPG

Sorry, too cute not to share. :P

11 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

HANDOVER...?

It was supposedly the day of handover, but I'm not sure if last Saturday was the actual one. Rectification has not completed and E said they will finish up within these few days. But we have already finalized the VO. Final cost of renovation (carpentry, flooring and windows) works out to be a little less than $31k. It's still pretty decent, I guess! We saved a little on our kitchen carpentry as it turns out to be 3 feet lesser than what's reflected in the floor plan heh.

Mounting of TV on partition wall

I wonder why now flats come with partition walls. -_- Both our living room and MBR TV walls are partition walls. J advised that it is not safe to mount a 50" TV on a partition wall. We decided to only mount the TV in the MBR, so E arranged someone to add some wood and plaster back the wall. TV would be mounted on the wood instead.

IMG_8212.JPG.9350d24c751e2f17bb58ef8e4c59d984.JPG

Touch up works

I hope this will help those who engaged J & E!

1. Two carpentry guys came over to rectify the defects, but I wasn't impressed by their attitude. There were some defects they gave us some excuses and normally one would budge. But as I am pretty anal, I asked 1 million questions on why it cannot be done. In the end one of the guys fixed it lor. But they managed to rectify all defects in the end. Make sure things are done to your satisfaction!

2. Painter came and repaint the areas which were previously not done thoroughly. No complaints about him as he quietly does his job... pretty well.

3. Drilling works was done by another guy, and boy, he was SO METICULOUS. Wished he was the one who drilled our bathroom accessories.

(Their electrician is also VERY meticulous although the pricing is on the high side lol.)

4. Next, E came up and explained to us the VO. He went through with us every item in the quotation and variation order against the actual measurements in our home. (I feel that this is good practice!:yeah:) Pointed out to him on certain items that we didn't requested and he was quite cool about it. He bought the issue back to J and he rounded down the figure slightly. It was good enough to the fiance so we left it at that.

DELIVERIES

We arranged for our deliveries as it was handover day. The place is starting to look like a home. :)

IMG_8223.JPG.084ac7f07ef184272bcd62acb55a95b3.JPG

Living Room TV! Electrical points conveniently shifted to the middle of the TV console.

IMG_8221.JPG.c908d82084434af8906d77ace2a7e8e1.JPG

MBR TV! We have a powerpoint behind the TV so the wire will not be visible. Our Philips TV comes with a 2 pin plug which cannot fit between the wall and the TV. We will get it changed to a 3 pin plug.

IMG_8224.JPG.cde0a2babd55532010264539d9d37ae1.JPG

Fridge!

IMG_8225.JPG.c03624eb75a8d1f1f0c8b527f0ae69cf.JPG

Washer & Dryer! We stacked them up; the height is okay, would not affect the laundry pulley system. The water hose given by Bosch does not fit the BTO tap. Need to get a compatible water hose. Troublesomeeee.

TAOBAO PURCHASES

We had some time so was fixing up taobao buys. Review time!

Stools

IMG_8216.JPG.5552f4d6438478a610eaf06791bc9c9f.JPG

Very pretty stools which are also very easy to fix. These cost about the same as the similar stools from IKEA. :o

Side Table

IMG_8226.JPG.c2f0737036c15a7501772cb8457dccb6.JPG

Previously posted the un-assembled state of this table. The quality is awesome and this is really so pretty! You may find this familiar because it looks the same as a particular series of furniture that Comfort Design carries...

IMG_8227.JPG.ae49003bcb63f6d2f2e9c33c9989ae7b.JPG

It has the same 'logo' that the same series of furniture that Comfort Design carries!! No wonder I saw items from this seller in Comfort Design lol.

Cutlery Strainer

IMG_8233.JPG.3728c74d8e5766f6f6195dea5000aeab.JPG

Sorry, too cute not to share. :P

Hello!

Can share the link  for the side table? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nasus19

@dietgalvon How many months before your actual renovation started did you contact J&E?

I'm thinking of contacting them for my place, but I'm not collecting my keys till 1 Dec 2017.

Also, could you PM me their details? THANKS!

On 7/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, scheep said:

@dietgalvon How many months before your actual renovation started did you contact J&E?

I'm thinking of contacting them for my place, but I'm not collecting my keys till 1 Dec 2017.

Also, could you PM me their details? THANKS!

@scheep I contacted them about 2 months before. About just right as they take some time to come back with quotation. It might be too premature to contact them now though. 

PM sent.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:04 AM, daryl78 said:

Hihi..do u mind sharing the windows and grilles contact? Any comments on their workmanship?

@daryl78 PM sent. I only did windows. The workmanship is okay. Windows are good, finishing also good.