Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI,

Can also PM me Mr K (Kenneth?) and Johnny's contact & email address? is the company Ideal Home or Ideal House? a bit confusion ley...

btw, do u think it's good idea to invite the potential IDs to my place and i will tell them all my requirement? cos i just bought a unit with fully furnished and think of keeping some items like bed frame, kitchen cabinet, hall marble tiles, sofa etc.. of cos i will arrange separate timing, do u think i am able to ask for drawing and quotation before making decision?

do u think they will charge higher for condo unit? kindly advise.

Thanks

HI,

Can also PM me Mr K (Kenneth?) and Johnny's contact & email address? is the company Ideal Home or Ideal House? a bit confusion ley...

btw, do u think it's good idea to invite the potential IDs to my place and i will tell them all my requirement? cos i just bought a unit with fully furnished and think of keeping some items like bed frame, kitchen cabinet, hall marble tiles, sofa etc.. of cos i will arrange separate timing, do u think i am able to ask for drawing and quotation before making decision?

do u think they will charge higher for condo unit? kindly advise.

Thanks

Hi,

It's Ideal House

Most of the IDs have very tight schedule and they usually do not entertain the idea of going to the prospect's house for viewing unless the person is a friend or relative.

I suggest that you take some pics of the flooring / furnitures etc you want and bring along your house layout plan to the ID firms instead. Being an experience ID, I think the info + pics are more than enough for him to digest, imagine and work out a concept.

Some ID offer 1st drawing (usually the concept drawing that show the LVR) but most will ask you for a $500 fee in which it will be return to u if you engage them. I personally will not go with this type as I don't see the logic.

About whether they will charge higher for condo units? Well, it depends on your luck. Some IDs will judge you on the level of understanding towards reno process. If they feel you are newbie and knows only about barbie doll house, then chances are they will raise their price high so that they can get more commission. However, not all IDs are like that. Some IDs who are serious to build a career from reno will work hard and give you their best concept and most reasonable price. You can "feel" that when you have gained enough experience by talking to a few IDs.

To be able to read the "pattern" of an ID, I suggest you take your time (if not in a rush) and talk to more IDs. Only good IDs will response in the most trueful and sincere manner cos they understand that they need referrals from you to continue their business.

Reno is supposed to be a fun thing to go through with your love ones and definitely not a nightmare that burn your pocket and make your life miserable. Do not rush into committing to gimmicks from the IDs. Nothing comes free in this world. If you want good stuff you pay more. The basic principle has always been like this. If you always have this thinking that alert you all the time, you will probably be on your way finding the best ID to do up your lovely house.

My house is handled by Mr k and I enjoy the whole very much. Not to be baised here, but a big thanks to Mr K. We are living in our "new" house for 6 months or more now. Nothing (like leaking, defects) happen, our dollars invested are well protected.

Feel free to read my blog. It explains why and how I made my decision.

My 2 cents piece of suggestion

I hope this helps.

Good luck to you :D

Edited by taiji

Just called Mr K: he said he is currently not taking any more project and to call him at the end of July.

Anyone has Johnny's contact? Please PM me. Thank you!

Edited by DSA

Hi,

It's Ideal House

Most of the IDs have very tight schedule and they usually do not entertain the idea of going to the prospect's house for viewing unless the person is a friend or relative.

My ID came down to my totally empty place just to get a feel of the area even before I signed with him. Also, a few other IDs from other company also indicated they were willing to go to the site to take a look. There are many things they may not anticiapte from the floor plan so it may be good if they took a look so they can quote u better.

i am tryin to contact kenneth, my main switch for my heater spoil. now the heater is ON all the time... :(

Edited by wireless

Hi,

It's Ideal House

I suggest that you take some pics of the flooring / furnitures etc you want and bring along your house layout plan to the ID firms instead. Being an experience ID, I think the info + pics are more than enough for him to digest, imagine and work out a concept.

Some ID offer 1st drawing (usually the concept drawing that show the LVR) but most will ask you for a $500 fee in which it will be return to u if you engage them. I personally will not go with this type as I don't see the logic.

About whether they will charge higher for condo units? Well, it depends on your luck. Some IDs will judge you on the level of understanding towards reno process. If they feel you are newbie and knows only about barbie doll house, then chances are they will raise their price high so that they can get more commission. However, not all IDs are like that. Some IDs who are serious to build a career from reno will work hard and give you their best concept and most reasonable price. You can "feel" that when you have gained enough experience by talking to a few IDs.

To be able to read the "pattern" of an ID, I suggest you take your time (if not in a rush) and talk to more IDs. Only good IDs will response in the most trueful and sincere manner cos they understand that they need referrals from you to continue their business.

Reno is supposed to be a fun thing to go through with your love ones and definitely not a nightmare that burn your pocket and make your life miserable. Do not rush into committing to gimmicks from the IDs. Nothing comes free in this world. If you want good stuff you pay more. The basic principle has always been like this. If you always have this thinking that alert you all the time, you will probably be on your way finding the best ID to do up your lovely house.

My house is handled by Mr k and I enjoy the whole very much. Not to be baised here, but a big thanks to Mr K. We are living in our "new" house for 6 months or more now. Nothing (like leaking, defects) happen, our dollars invested are well protected.

Feel free to read my blog. It explains why and how I made my decision.

My 2 cents piece of suggestion

I hope this helps.

Good luck to you :D

Hi Taiji,

Thanks for the advise.

called the company and left my number for Mr K to call me back, looks like he will not call back if he is not taking any projects till end july.

will have to source around again :(

there is furniture fair this weekend at Expo, will go down to get some ideas.... wish me good luck :)

Edited by song55

Hi Taiji,

Thanks for the advise.

called the company and left my number for Mr K to call me back, looks like he will not call back if he is not taking any projects till end july.

will have to source around again :(

there is furniture fair this weekend at Expo, will go down to get some ideas.... wish me good luck :)

Good luck and don't get conned or pressurised to sign up for anything. Take it as an info gathering exercise. I'm sure you will be bombarded with the "we will absorb 7%GST only if you sign today".

My ID came down to my totally empty place just to get a feel of the area even before I signed with him. Also, a few other IDs from other company also indicated they were willing to go to the site to take a look. There are many things they may not anticiapte from the floor plan so it may be good if they took a look so they can quote u better.

Hi Hobbes187,

Maybe it was just my style that I prefer to meet the IDs at their office. On the other hand, your suggestion is good too provided the IDs are willing to visit the house to have the "feel".

Thanks for sharing :D

HI,

Can someone PM me Mr K and Johnny's contact & email address??

Thanks

hi tears,

i hv pm u johnny no. check ur pm.

Just called Mr K: he said he is currently not taking any more project and to call him at the end of July.

Anyone has Johnny's contact? Please PM me. Thank you!

hi DSA,

i hv pm u johnny contact.

hi all,

just here to share my experience with ideal house...

my id is johnny and overall i'm very satisfied with his work and also his after sales service.

been living in my new hm for 5 mths now. recently last week my house got a black out out of a sudden. dunno izzit if i switch on too many electrical applicances at one go? so i called up SP services and they direct me to the town council. was promised that an electrician will be here to help me. but then after an hour i got a call from the electrician and was told that he is not able to help me.

so i immediately called johnny and he was very helpful to get his electrician to my place ard an hour later.

so everything was fixed and i got my electricity back. was very grateful to him so i sent him an sms to thanks him. this is how he reply: "no worries, any problem with ur hse u can jus give me a cal anytime."

i was reali grateful to him throughout the whole reno and even after the reno. when my dog bite off my laminate skirting, he will get his men to fix for me. he is reali a responsible and helpful ID and i would definitely recommend to every new hm owners. hv read quite a no of posts bout him and i reali appreciate his help despite his busy schedule. :bow::bow::bow:

as i have not been logging in since my new job bout 3 mths, i have got quite a few pms from some of the forummers here askin for johnny's no. hv already pm a few... so if anyone would like to hv his contact, perhaps u can pm me and i will try to log in at least once a wk bah. n oso sorry for all the late replys.

can also click below to view my t-blog. i hv posted my whole reno process with johnny and pics of my home. hope that it will be at least some help to some of the hm owners here. :yamseng:

Ideal House (& other id firms) which are mentioned with favourable comments are immensely popular & swarmed with projects & calls.

I emailed two of Ideal House ids the floor plan of my unit & a detailed list of renovation works required: One on 25th June, the other on 3rd July.

What would be a reasonable time for potential clients to receive a quotation or a call from them requesting for a discussion?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing all the reviews on Ideal House.

Am very keen to meet them after reading all the good reviews.

Can someone pm me Johnny's and Mr K's contact no. & email add?

Thanks!