Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, homesweethome96 said:

Hihi, may i know where did you get your bomb shelter vent? 

Hi, you can contact Mr Poh of Singa Plasterceil 9388 9077. He has 3 designs you can choose from and he has a group buy price as well.

Edited by spooky

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, lazarus73 said:

hi spooky ,

where did u got the sink .

I got it from a shop on tb. I've listed almost all my purchases in past posts, you can check my 2nd post for the links :)

Edited by spooky

Went down today to check out the paint job! Really happy with how the colours turned out :D so light, so neutral, I like!

I chose to paint a 'feature' wall in each room instead of the entire room. All other walls were painted white.

Living room is a light grey

axQIzAY.jpg

MBR is a light blue-grey

FJNMAgp.jpg

Common bedroom is a light brown/taupe

OlFKoBf.jpg

Service yard painted a grey-purple. I wasn't expecting a slight purple tinge to be honest, but it's still bright enough so I'm ok with it :)

xUuRlox.jpg

Views from the walkway

qljraln.jpg

vcjEy9a.jpg

ohhh i love your home! its coming together really nicely. i like the view from the corridor looking towards the grey bedroom wall, its very art gallery-ish! btw can i just check with you regarding the gas heater, which model did you buy? was it the MA-10FE? cant decide between that or the more expensive MA-1210FER. 

btw nice taobao purchases! i will also be getting a LEVI sink but in black.

6 hours ago, matchalatte said:

ohhh i love your home! its coming together really nicely. i like the view from the corridor looking towards the grey bedroom wall, its very art gallery-ish! btw can i just check with you regarding the gas heater, which model did you buy? was it the MA-10FE? cant decide between that or the more expensive MA-1210FER. 

btw nice taobao purchases! i will also be getting a LEVI sink but in black.

Thanks!! Actually they forgot to paint the wall at the dining area, it should be painted grey. Maybe after painting the view from the corridor will be different.

I bought MA-10FE, yeah. Honestly didn't do too much research but on another reno forum the MA-10FE was highly recommended and used the most so I just went with that. Looking at the MA-1210FER, I think the main advantage is for the bathtub fill feature and ability to control the temperature remotely, I don't really need either function so I think MA-10FE is enough.

I didn't see the black Leivi sink! :o when is your reno starting btw?

Hi Spooky

Reno looking great so far. :)

I'll starting mine soon, waiting for the keys collection which should be in the next couple of weeks as the other blocks had collected theirs already

Do you mind to share your aircon contractor, and also your shortlisted ID/contractors contacts and quotations with me please?

My first home, and I'm quite lost actually.

Thanks in advance. Meanwhile, awaiting for more updates from your Blog  =)

9 minutes ago, geneo79 said:

Hi Spooky

Reno looking great so far. :)

I'll starting mine soon, waiting for the keys collection which should be in the next couple of weeks as the other blocks had collected theirs already

Do you mind to share your aircon contractor, and also your shortlisted ID/contractors contacts and quotations with me please?

My first home, and I'm quite lost actually.

Thanks in advance. Meanwhile, awaiting for more updates from your Blog  =)

PM-ed :) looking forward to your reno blog if you're planning to write one!

1 hour ago, spooky said:

Thanks!! Actually they forgot to paint the wall at the dining area, it should be painted grey. Maybe after painting the view from the corridor will be different.

I bought MA-10FE, yeah. Honestly didn't do too much research but on another reno forum the MA-10FE was highly recommended and used the most so I just went with that. Looking at the MA-1210FER, I think the main advantage is for the bathtub fill feature and ability to control the temperature remotely, I don't really need either function so I think MA-10FE is enough.

I didn't see the black Leivi sink! :o when is your reno starting btw?

i think everything looks nice with a digital display and a remote control lol, and its only $100+ price difference so i was wondering why not. i need to go look for threads on these gas heaters because it was a rather last minute decision to use that + gas hob instead of my original plan which was a storage heater & induction hob so im not really familiar with gas heater. hubby kept saying gas is cheaper than electricity so...

the black sink is a stone one, not stainless steel in case you were wondering lol :

http://c.b1yt.com/h.PehDLE?cv=sZ9oZzpdxv8

i have no idea when my reno is starting, there was some delay on my resale transaction (buyer is in the midst of a messy divorce but didnt tell us) so tentatively im collecting my keys mid aug. so envious that yours is wrapping up soon?? your home looks amazing la! cant wait to see the final result.

14 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

i think everything looks nice with a digital display and a remote control lol, and its only $100+ price difference so i was wondering why not. i need to go look for threads on these gas heaters because it was a rather last minute decision to use that + gas hob instead of my original plan which was a storage heater & induction hob so im not really familiar with gas heater. hubby kept saying gas is cheaper than electricity so...

the black sink is a stone one, not stainless steel in case you were wondering lol :

http://c.b1yt.com/h.PehDLE?cv=sZ9oZzpdxv8

i have no idea when my reno is starting, there was some delay on my resale transaction (buyer is in the midst of a messy divorce but didnt tell us) so tentatively im collecting my keys mid aug. so envious that yours is wrapping up soon?? your home looks amazing la! cant wait to see the final result.

Did you consider the Rinnai one? I think it's also around $80-$100 more expensive than the Macro MA-10FE. It's white, chioer LOL. Gas is cheaper but my main reason for getting gas heater is because I'm lazy to remember to turn on the heater for a few minutes before I actually shower. And sometimes I take really, really impromptu showers and I could already be in a rush so I just need to shower asap, haha.

Ohhh. The granite sinks. Did you try looking at Blanco? The one you linked actually looks like Blanco Naya 6. Maybe Blanco from Hoe Kee could be cheaper leh.

Oic, you're moving from a resale flat to a BTO! Hurryyy, I'm excited to read your blog since yours will be quite a big overhaul of the layout! Mine is very basic, zero hacking! Basically just some masonry, paint and carpentry. Hopefully I can finish reno by end July :)

59 minutes ago, spooky said:

Did you consider the Rinnai one? I think it's also around $80-$100 more expensive than the Macro MA-10FE. It's white, chioer LOL. Gas is cheaper but my main reason for getting gas heater is because I'm lazy to remember to turn on the heater for a few minutes before I actually shower. And sometimes I take really, really impromptu showers and I could already be in a rush so I just need to shower asap, haha.

Ohhh. The granite sinks. Did you try looking at Blanco? The one you linked actually looks like Blanco Naya 6. Maybe Blanco from Hoe Kee could be cheaper leh.

Oic, you're moving from a resale flat to a BTO! Hurryyy, I'm excited to read your blog since yours will be quite a big overhaul of the layout! Mine is very basic, zero hacking! Basically just some masonry, paint and carpentry. Hopefully I can finish reno by end July :)

yeah looking at the gas heater catalog now. never been a fan of rinnai nor white appliances! the silver one looks ok la. any idea whether it will work ok with a rainshower? im worried abt the water pressure, but if its better than the water pressure of an instant heater then i guess its an improvement haha. 

yeah i thought about blanco, but i always hear that their sinks are notoriously expensive. i wouldnt mind if its less than a thousand bucks, and would be a bonus if it comes with the chopping board & dish drainer like the LEIVI one. edit : had a look at the naya 6, seems like the sink is rounded at the inner part. i want a squarish one. i can be anal over things like that haha.

mine isnt a resale flat. its a new flat bought direct from hdb 17 years ago lol, so basically the next BTO is like our second and last chance at a new flat. i actually wont be doing much hacking afterall, only 1 bedroom wall and hoping to keep my reno at around 20K or less. we actually miscalculated abt the amount of CPF going back to the special account so...gotta do away with lotsa things. im still optimistic though. i think a nice home isnt about all the built in stuff but how you furnish it. with some plants and trendy furnishings it can look very nice too! taobao has lots of designer replica furniture and lighting and im soooo excited looking at them! 

Edited by matchalatte

• Like 1

Haven't been updating in awhile because we finalized our carpentry pretty late on and everything's being fabricated, so we have nothing to do but to wait :( the whole fabrication process can take around 2 weeks, so my advice is to decide and finalize on carpentry early on so that the carpentry can be installed on time. Good news is that my carpentry is scheduled to be installed on 19 July, just a couple of days away! Excited about that.

My oven, hob and hood were delivered on Saturday by Hoe Kee, waiting to be installed when carpentry is in.

DrCrqgH.jpg

In the meantime, I've been doing more shopping. I think I got 90% of everything I need.

Smart speaker - Amazon Echo Dot

new-echo-dot-product-photos-3.jpg

Prime Day price for this was too difficult to resist! I'm a smart home newbie but I got one to try out in the MBR. At $35 USD I think it was a low risk option for those wanting to get into smart homes.

Kitchen sink - Kraus KHU101-23 23 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge

9176UtOaKYL._SL1500_.jpg

This has always been my ideal sink but I didn't buy it because Amazon US rejected my appeals to waive shipping charges. Shipping would have cost almost as much as the sink itself! So I ended up buying another stainless steel sink from TB and I was quite happy with it. But on Prime Day, I saw that this sink was on sale on Amazon CN and even after including the shipping charges by ezbuy, the total cost is still cheaper than Amazon US with shipping waived :D so I sold off my TB sink and got this instead. So happy that I finally got the sink I wanted from the start

Dining table - IKEA BJURSTA extendable table

bjursta-extendable-table__0449396_PE5988

Thought about which dining table to get for the longest time. My tiny place can only fit a 1.3m long table max, but I didn't see many 1.3m tables around. They were mostly 1.2m or 1.5m. Honestly the trouble with buying things is to try and fit them into such a small space :( I also wanted the option of extending the table for when I have guests over. In the end I settled on a cheap IKEA extendable table. We can leave it at 90cm for 2 person, 130cm for 4, or 170cm for 6. I liked that it won't take up that much space when we're not using it.

MBR ceiling light - Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED ceiling lamp

Xiaomi-Yeelight-LED-Ceiling-Light_122_14

Got this to replace the Philips ceiling light I already bought before, because I decided pretty late on I wanted to go for some smart-ness in the MBR! This can be used with the Amazon Echo I purchased

MBR bathroom toilet bowl - Baron W368A

Qb4RHwk.jpg

I was deciding between this and American Standard. This was $200 cheaper with the same white, squarish flush buttons and comfortable seat. Also preferred this design to Baron W888 which is also very popular. Comes with soft close seat cover and Geberit flushing.

MBR bathroom sink - Ideal Standard Active Vessel Basin

7c035257b8cc93b6a60aff5b7ccde487.jpg

I think this same exact model is available for both Ideal Standard and American Standard. Not sure what's the difference between these brands actually. Got it at a promo price so it was < $100

Common bathroom sink - Pozzi wall mounted sink

ypqxBFG.jpg

Got this at a special price when buying together with Baron WC. Had to top up slightly compared to the standard basin bundle options but I liked how this one wasn't too big and bulky for the common bathroom.

Bathroom mirrors - IKEA NISSEDAL mirror

nissedal-mirror-white__0459572_PE606202_

Edited by spooky

On 7/17/2017 at 2:26 PM, spooky said:

Haven't been updating in awhile because we finalized our carpentry pretty late on and everything's being fabricated, so we have nothing to do but to wait :( the whole fabrication process can take around 2 weeks, so my advice is to decide and finalize on carpentry early on so that the carpentry can be installed on time. Good news is that my carpentry is scheduled to be installed on 19 July, just a couple of days away! Excited about that.

My oven, hob and hood were delivered on Saturday by Hoe Kee, waiting to be installed when carpentry is in.

DrCrqgH.jpg

In the meantime, I've been doing more shopping. I think I got 90% of everything I need.

Smart speaker - Amazon Echo Dot

new-echo-dot-product-photos-3.jpg

Prime Day price for this was too difficult to resist! I'm a smart home newbie but I got one to try out in the MBR. At $35 USD I think it was a low risk option for those wanting to get into smart homes.

Kitchen sink - Kraus KHU101-23 23 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge

9176UtOaKYL._SL1500_.jpg

This has always been my ideal sink but I didn't buy it because Amazon US rejected my appeals to waive shipping charges. Shipping would have cost almost as much as the sink itself! So I ended up buying another stainless steel sink from TB and I was quite happy with it. But on Prime Day, I saw that this sink was on sale on Amazon CN and even after including the shipping charges by ezbuy, the total cost is still cheaper than Amazon US with shipping waived :D so I sold off my TB sink and got this instead. So happy that I finally got the sink I wanted from the start

Dining table - IKEA BJURSTA extendable table

bjursta-extendable-table__0449396_PE5988

Thought about which dining table to get for the longest time. My tiny place can only fit a 1.3m long table max, but I didn't see many 1.3m tables around. They were mostly 1.2m or 1.5m. Honestly the trouble with buying things is to try and fit them into such a small space :( I also wanted the option of extending the table for when I have guests over. In the end I settled on a cheap IKEA extendable table. We can leave it at 90cm for 2 person, 130cm for 4, or 170cm for 6. I liked that it won't take up that much space when we're not using it.

MBR ceiling light - Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED ceiling lamp

Xiaomi-Yeelight-LED-Ceiling-Light_122_14

Got this to replace the Philips ceiling light I already bought before, because I decided pretty late on I wanted to go for some smart-ness in the MBR! This can be used with the Amazon Echo I purchased

MBR bathroom toilet bowl - Baron W368A

Qb4RHwk.jpg

I was deciding between this and American Standard. This was $200 cheaper with the same white, squarish flush buttons and comfortable seat. Also preferred this design to Baron W888 which is also very popular. Comes with soft close seat cover and Geberit flushing.

MBR bathroom sink - Ideal Standard Active Vessel Basin

7c035257b8cc93b6a60aff5b7ccde487.jpg

I think this same exact model is available for both Ideal Standard and American Standard. Not sure what's the difference between these brands actually. Got it at a promo price so it was < $100

Common bathroom sink - Pozzi wall mounted sink

ypqxBFG.jpg

Got this at a special price when buying together with Baron WC. Had to top up slightly compared to the standard basin bundle options but I liked how this one wasn't too big and bulky for the common bathroom.

Bathroom mirrors - IKEA NISSEDAL mirror

nissedal-mirror-white__0459572_PE606202_

woww all coming into place nicely!! i'm waiting for your review on Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED!! i'm finally going to start mine soon and i should have gotten the Amazon Echo Dot when i was in US last week :(