Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 4/6/2017 at 3:06 PM, spooky said:

Thanks! :D The Herman Miller I got is the most budget one out of their office chairs, lol. Only went ahead with it because the forumer was selling it for... 45% off RRP? He won it in a lucky draw and had no use for it. For appliances right, I was also confused but from my own observations and shopping, I feel like generally Gain City and Harvey Norman have lower prices out of those big retail chains. BUT the better way imo would be to check for the models online and see how much they are selling for on sites like Lioncity, Parisilk and Megadiscountstore. Also can call up smaller stores like Goh Ah Bee to check. Then you can use these prices to either bargain at other stores, or just get from these sites if you're comfortable. I used the online prices to bargain at Hoe Kee and managed to get them to price beat.

About european brands warranty... I really am not sure tbh. But I'm hoping these products last me longer than if I had gone with... LG. My current place I bought mostly LG products and they weren't very good :/ so... I'm kinda anti-LG/Samsung now (except for TVs). Try to avoid it IF I can. Miele and De Dietrich too out of my league!! Lol :lol:

im such a noob, i dont even know you can actually bargain with the shops and ask them to match the prices you see elsewhere lol. you're so well versed with all the places! i think i wont have the stamina to shop around 5-6 places just to buy some appliances! my stamina all depleted looking for contractors/ID and the "good" news? im still looking! :(

i think i will give kimchi brands a miss this time round. i never bought big ticket samsung/LG items but small ones like dvd player and vacuum cleaner in the past and they were not good so i really second what you say. i guess its like their entertainment industry, their focus are on the outer appearance! lol

heard bad reviews abt hoe kee, had a shock their fb is like 1 star on average but i havent seen or experienced it myself so i will go take a look. 

btw i really like your moodboard! im thinking of hexagon tiles in the bathroom but not sure whether will go out of style or not. what do u think? 

IMG_6754.PNG.732a4f0375e78d25044d4089c6f2cca3.PNG

Edited by matchalatte

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Today was the first 'design' meeting I had with ID A! I picked out my paint colors, laminates and vinyl design today. ID A will use my selection for the first draft of 3D drawings. I have nooooo idea how it will turn out :wacko: both excited and afraid to find out. We also looked at tiles but I'm even more confused by what I want after visiting Hafary :( so ID A suggested we decide on that after I get my keys. Also... I never knew there could be so many shades of white. I honestly got a little cross-eyed looking at all the shades of paint...

Paint Colours

Living Room

tDz8DqH.png

Master Bedroom

1EE0alO.png

Common Bedroom

TzPUSib.png

Laminates

Wardrobes - Gloss white with fabric-texture laminates

MAGePXm.png

Kitchen cabinets/shoe cabinet - mostly white with light wood

UxByysQ.png

Vanity cabinet still TBC because I couldn't decide :bangwall:

Vinyl

Raised platform

wH3O8AF.jpg

Tiles

Kitchen backsplash - I wanted marble-look subway tiles, but the only reasonably priced ones were these. I like the look but I'm afraid the grout lines will look weird, even if it's white grout. What do you guys think?

SpbQM0L.jpg

Another option is the more typical plain white subway tiles

i9VS0aN.jpg

Bathroom accent wall - this is for the wall with the shower head. Couldn't decide between white/grey hexagon tiles and marble-look long tiles. Marble-look hexagon tiles were way too expensive :(

5aoG380.jpg

SXhQ99q.jpg

3D should be ready in 2 weeks, I hope there won't be too many revisions ><

Edited by spooky

4 hours ago, matchalatte said:

im such a noob, i dont even know you can actually bargain with the shops and ask them to match the prices you see elsewhere lol. you're so well versed with all the places! i think i wont have the stamina to shop around 5-6 places just to buy some appliances! my stamina all depleted looking for contractors/ID and the "good" news? im still looking! :(

i think i will give kimchi brands a miss this time round. i never bought big ticket samsung/LG items but small ones like dvd player and vacuum cleaner in the past and they were not good so i really second what you say. i guess its like their entertainment industry, their focus are on the outer appearance! lol

heard bad reviews abt hoe kee, had a shock their fb is like 1 star on average but i havent seen or experienced it myself so i will go take a look. 

btw i really like your moodboard! im thinking of hexagon tiles in the bathroom but not sure whether will go out of style or not. what do u think?

Hahah I had to learn where to shop for these things to! Because I didn't just want to walk into a store like Courts and accept whatever price they give me, so have to do research lor :(

Yeah I bought LG fridge, washing machine, dvd player, TV etc for my current place. Really bad experience... especially with the small ones like you said.

Hoe Kee you should go to the one at Tanjong Katong complex, heard the service there is much better than the other branches. That's the one I went ot.

I'm also considering between hexagon tiles and marble-look tiles in the bathroom (see latest post)... hmm not sure if they will go out of style cos I'm not a pro at design trends but I like the way they look and I think they're a nice change from subway tiles. So... definitely considering them.

woah the hexagon tiles are $4+ psf?? so ex! most of the quotes i receive for overlaying they only give like $2-3 ones. the max i saw was $3.50. so need to top up!

4 hours ago, spooky said:

Today was the first 'design' meeting I had with ID A! I picked out my paint colors, laminates and vinyl design today. ID A will use my selection for the first draft of 3D drawings. I have nooooo idea how it will turn out :wacko: both excited and afraid to find out. We also looked at tiles but I'm even more confused by what I want after visiting Hafary :( so ID A suggested we decide on that after I get my keys. Also... I never knew there could be so many shades of white. I honestly got a little cross-eyed looking at all the shades of paint...

Paint Colours

Living Room

tDz8DqH.png

Master Bedroom

1EE0alO.png

Common Bedroom

TzPUSib.png

Laminates

Wardrobes - Gloss white with fabric-texture laminates

MAGePXm.png

Kitchen cabinets/shoe cabinet - mostly white with light wood

UxByysQ.png

Vanity cabinet still TBC because I couldn't decide :bangwall:

Vinyl

Raised platform

wH3O8AF.jpg

Tiles

Kitchen backsplash - I wanted marble-look subway tiles, but the only reasonably priced ones were these. I like the look but I'm afraid the grout lines will look weird, even if it's white grout. What do you guys think?

SpbQM0L.jpg

Another option is the more typical plain white subway tiles

i9VS0aN.jpg

Bathroom accent wall - this is for the wall with the shower head. Couldn't decide between white/grey hexagon tiles and marble-look long tiles. Marble-look hexagon tiles were way too expensive :(

5aoG380.jpg

SXhQ99q.jpg

3D should be ready in 2 weeks, I hope there won't be too many revisions ><

Dxo1337 and dxo1338 is what I chose for my wardrobe too!  Good choice!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matchalatte said:

woah the hexagon tiles are $4+ psf?? so ex! most of the quotes i receive for overlaying they only give like $2-3 ones. the max i saw was $3.50. so need to top up!

Those plain hexagon tiles were the cheapest I could find already :( huh still got IDs quote $2 tiles ah... $2 cannot get anything much. Minimum I saw was mostly $3 and above. My ID quoted me for $3.20 so I'll need to top up too!

2 hours ago, daryl78 said:

@spooky can share the colour codes for your paint?

1164 Snow Flakes

NP N 1991P Grey Glove

NP N 1998P Light Pewter

NP N 2034P Abracadabra

1 hour ago, spooky said:

Those plain hexagon tiles were the cheapest I could find already :( huh still got IDs quote $2 tiles ah... $2 cannot get anything much. Minimum I saw was mostly $3 and above. My ID quoted me for $3.20 so I'll need to top up too!

the $2 one was a contractor, really tempted to buy my own tiles from taobao and just pay for the labor lol. how much do you have to top up approx for 1 toilet? 

10 hours ago, matchalatte said:

the $2 one was a contractor, really tempted to buy my own tiles from taobao and just pay for the labor lol. how much do you have to top up approx for 1 toilet? 

Hm don't have the exact numbers yet cos haven't settled on the tile I want.. but I think $4+ ones still ok. There were $14 per sqft tiles! Faint

Considered buying from taobao too... but... idk. A bold move for sure

Haven't updated in awhile because nothing's been happening. But!! All that changed on Thursday! I. GOT. MY. KEYS! :yeah:

Visited the place immediately and whoaaaa... can't deny that I was a bit surprised by how small it is. Oh well.

I opted out of everything except the flooring.

Living Room:

VjpP9vS.jpg

Bedrooms:

dMQu4ei.jpg

Kitchen:

TqXFJjD.jpg

Bathrooms:

dZjSsiG.jpg

View from MBR :wub::

l1kbxV6.jpg

I'm still checking for defects, should be rectified earliest by end May. Can't wait for reno to begin!

Edited by spooky

Home Furnishing and Appliances - Part 2

While waiting for the defects to be fixed (14 working days), I've been buying a few more items for the house, mostly lights and fans. Ordered some items from TB and also went to Tampoi, JB to get the fans since everyone says it's much cheaper there.

Reno should start on 13 June, hopefully everything goes ok :lol:

Kitchen sink and tap https://world.tmall.com/item/13098619426.htm?skuId=3138815873740

TB2TSDMrtFopuFjSZFHXXbSlXXa_!!761765908.

While looking for SS sinks, it's important to look for T304 stainless steel that are 16/18 gauge steel. I also prefer slightly rounded edges for easier cleaning. With that in mind, I decided on this single bowl sink from Taobao. I think the size is just right for my tiny kitchen

Condiment pull out rack https://world.taobao.com/item/531880220797.htm

TB2OGL8pNtmpuFjSZFqXXbHFpXa_!!2866594385

Got this for the space between the built in oven and the service yard wall

Gas Heater http://macro.sg/?portfolio=ma-10fe

Decided to go with gas heater because for our living habits, we would prefer not to have to remember to switch on the storage heater before showering and we use a lot of hot water so gas might be more cost saving

Common toilet grab bar and toilet roll holder http://item.rakuten.co.jp/maido-diy/yhbs201fln/

yhbs201fln.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=0&r=1

TOTO accessories from Japan. Love the minimalist look of these!

Bedroom ceiling lights http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=CZ&slg=EN&ctn=3182231P5

3182231P5-IMS-global?wid=225&hei=225&$jp

Philips SceneSwitch 20W, 2700K - 6500K

Toilet ceiling lights http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=IN&slg=EN&ctn=333623166

333623166-IMS-global?wid=225&hei=225&$jp

Philips 16W, 6500K

Toilet T5 lights http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=TR&slg=EN&ctn=310913166

Philips Linea 3000K. Wanted a warmer light option for the toilets in addition to the bright white ceiling lamp

Dining area pendant light https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39534472108&toSite=main

TB21PhEtFXXXXXoXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!59854909.j

Walkway lights https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=527375967252&toSite=main

TB25qK9i0BopuFjSZPcXXc9EpXa_!!890747324.

For the small area outside the bedrooms and at the entrance

Kitchen track lights https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=537751153901&toSite=main

TB2KGLWXjzyQeBjy0FeXXbwyFXa_!!680681115.

10W. Got tunable ones for the kitchen since I won't be having any other lights and I wanted the option of both warm and white light

Living room/MBR track lights https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12541826247&toSite=main

TB1_yd_HFXXXXaIXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

7W, warm light. These will be for the wardrobe area in MBR and console area in the living room

Living room ceiling fan with light http://acornceilingfan.com/product/ac-308-limited-edition

ACORN-AC308-Futuriste-Ceiling-Fan-Acryli

52 inch DC fan with 18W lightkit. Got the Malaysia version of this fan so the colour is slightly different, in a lighter oak colour which I prefer :) wanted the Aeratron fan but the lightkit is only 6W, which is way too dim for the living room

Kitchen/dining area ceiling fans http://www.nsb.com.my/phone/vento-fino2.html

fino%202%200005166x263.png

Vento Fino 2. Got these from Tampoi at a much cheaper price than SG. Chose the oak + chrome combination

Edited by spooky