Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin Yap

Jianjian & Nana

where did u buy your washer? Mine cost $599 if purchased at Best denki with 5yrs warranty but i purchased it at $505 at neighborhood store with only 2yrs std warranty. Maybe u have purchased it at mega stores which is y its more ex. However, neighborhood stores only take cash cos if pymt by card or installment will have add'l chgs.

i got mine from mega discount shop lor.. at their main branch katong.. think its is coz lg front load more exp? coz my front load le.. :deal:

no la, i wun buy fr best/harvey/courts.. they 'tok lang' one! haha.. can go there shopping, ask pdt info, touch the models nia but cannot buy one.. haha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone bought IKEA lights? I've thought of buying LILLHO LMEN Ceiling Lamp from IKEA for my bathrooms and Household Shelter, S$15 each. But afraid it'll be too deem and also whether the fittings can install onto the tanglin halt ceiling

i got mine from mega discount shop lor.. at their main branch katong.. think its is coz lg front load more exp? coz my front load le.. :unsure:

no la, i wun buy fr best/harvey/courts.. they 'tok lang' one! haha.. can go there shopping, ask pdt info, touch the models nia but cannot buy one.. haha..

I see. Yah, front load more exp cos save water mah. I tink most of us here also do the same thing. Go to mega stores on pdt info then buy from neighborhood stores.

Anyone bought IKEA lights? I've thought of buying LILLHO LMEN Ceiling Lamp from IKEA for my bathrooms and Household Shelter, S$15 each. But afraid it'll be too deem and also whether the fittings can install onto the tanglin halt ceiling

I haven buy lightings yet cos ID says bringing us to a lighting shop at Balestier. So will check that out 1st. Just finished installing starmex aircon sys 3 yday and false ceiling starting today!

I see. Yah, front load more exp cos save water mah. I tink most of us here also do the same thing. Go to mega stores on pdt info then buy from neighborhood stores.

haha.. i cheapo le!

but hor i just realise when i wash for the first time on monday, front load takes a freaking two hours to wash one load le! :sport-smiley-004::D:D:P:P i can't believe it, thought my machine spoil sia when i see the 'time left' indicator.. coz my old top load only takes 1 hour max! save water i don't noe le.. i only read from some users say clothes not so fast spoil lei.. hee..

true about the clothes not so easily spoil part

me throw my mango hand-wash only jacket into the machine also :bangwall:

save water also coz the water only need to cover half the drum, instead of 3/4 or even full to cover all the clothes

electricity think same or slightly more coz of the long wash cycle

mine takes about 1.5hr but acceptable to me :deal:

true about the clothes not so easily spoil part

me throw my mango hand-wash only jacket into the machine also :deal:

save water also coz the water only need to cover half the drum, instead of 3/4 or even full to cover all the clothes

electricity think same or slightly more coz of the long wash cycle

mine takes about 1.5hr but acceptable to me :D

really har! :deal: i just buy my zara clothes, contemplating to throw into my washer just now (got hand wash cycle) but worry scarely spoil or dye colour or what then i haven't wear before CANNOT wear liao. if like that, tmr morning, i dump in to wash le! :bangwall:

maybe i used to less than 1 hr cycle for old machine so 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs is kinda too much. now all the more, i got to put clothes in and use delay cycle (must learn first, the manual is basically in my detergent basket at the moment) to wash so i come back just nice can put into dryer. if not, like yesterday night at 3am the dryer is still going on and on. :thumbs up:

really har! 8| i just buy my zara clothes, contemplating to throw into my washer just now (got hand wash cycle) but worry scarely spoil or dye colour or what then i haven't wear before CANNOT wear liao. if like that, tmr morning, i dump in to wash le! :)

maybe i used to less than 1 hr cycle for old machine so 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs is kinda too much. now all the more, i got to put clothes in and use delay cycle (must learn first, the manual is basically in my detergent basket at the moment) to wash so i come back just nice can put into dryer. if not, like yesterday night at 3am the dryer is still going on and on. :)

From what i understand, front load takes a longer time but lesser water to wash.

Pros n cons - waste water save electricity.

Thus taking into consideration of my tiny kitchen size, I need a small washer which made me decided to take this model as its only 54cm in width.

Bought many things yesterday to avoid the increase in GST.

37" LCD

37r81bx.jpg

HTS

main_ht_xq100.jpg

Sink (Bought a double bowl sink but may downgrade to single bowl due to space constraint. Bellari is very nice and allow us to have the option of downgrading as only a deposit is required before delivery of item)

Sink.jpg

Hob

hobblacks.jpg

Went to noble lighting house as well to get a quotation in lightings. Ard $1.4k for whole place...

Think will go ard other light shops to see if there's better deals 1st even thou I kindda like the lights I saw at noble lighting house. Anyone has any experience with Noble lighting house?

Sink.jpg

its the square square double sink rite? how much har? SO NICE! and envy double snk. due to space constraints, mine is single square. but i love square square designs la. though initially, i told my id 'huh? square? look like my primary school canteen sink lei. sure nice not?' 8|

but got one problem with the sink, don't know yrs will anot. its actually quite deep already i find but everytime i wash things, the water wll just splatter everywhere. somemore i already wash at the bottom of the sink. hence if i wash a bit higher, even worse. so if u wash things frequently one (coz u cook often), may want to check if the sink will have this problem. i'm living with mine since i don't cook much. :)

its the square square double sink rite? how much har? SO NICE! and envy double snk. due to space constraints, mine is single square. but i love square square designs la. though initially, i told my id 'huh? square? look like my primary school canteen sink lei. sure nice not?' :P

but got one problem with the sink, don't know yrs will anot. its actually quite deep already i find but everytime i wash things, the water wll just splatter everywhere. somemore i already wash at the bottom of the sink. hence if i wash a bit higher, even worse. so if u wash things frequently one (coz u cook often), may want to check if the sink will have this problem. i'm living with mine since i don't cook much. :lol:

Its $448 and 740mm wide but I might be downgrading to single bowl sink either at 600 or 700mm due to space constraints as well. sigh.. small kitchen problems...

Dunno whether water will splatter everywhere or not cos did not ask. Bought a rectangular style of tap to go with the rectangular sink. We dun cook much either which is why we are not buying any hood.

actually the height of the sink tap plays a big part leh

the higher the tap tip is, the greater the force the water will hit the sink

so higher chance of splash? :P

just a thought, but sounds logical right?

hehehe, my washer only 40cm wide leh

bought it also coz of space constraint

the things we had to do just because of some stupid engineers over at hdb :lol:

Its $448 and 740mm wide but I might be downgrading to single bowl sink either at 600 or 700mm due to space constraints as well. sigh.. small kitchen problems...

Dunno whether water will splatter everywhere or not cos did not ask. Bought a rectangular style of tap to go with the rectangular sink. We dun cook much either which is why we are not buying any hood.

:P hehe.

actually the height of the sink tap plays a big part leh

the higher the tap tip is, the greater the force the water will hit the sink

so higher chance of splash? :rofl:

just a thought, but sounds logical right?

hehehe, my washer only 40cm wide leh

bought it also coz of space constraint

the things we had to do just because of some stupid engineers over at hdb :lol:

oh ya, very true le. u so CLEVER! nv thot of tat. my sink tap is pretty high i shld say.

ai ya, i tell u its all a conspiracy to do hdb ugly ugly. den ppl will be willing to pay more for condo ma. coz i find condo and hdb same lo, just tat got facilities. but the facilities oso not say free, got to pay maintenance every mth. den more ppl willing to buy condo, govt can collect more property tax. hdb property tax shld be cheaper rite? haha. i anyhow say one la hor, i :D too.

actually i find that gahment is already earning big bucks from building hdb flats liao

can you imagine this - free land, cheap labour and still sell so expensive

they include the cost of the land when calculating how much to sell the flats to us

but the land is at no cost to them loh

and seriously, no developer would want to buy a piece of land right smack in the heartlands right?

aiyo you see my bad, spamming predaking's t-blog with my nonsensical rantings

paiseh paiseh

but hor, how come no pix coming up?

then hor, dun downgrade lah, diff only 4 or 14cm only

me getting a double-bowl coz we cook

so one bowl defrost and the other bowl still can use to wash things

or one bowl put the drying dishes while washing in the other bowl

very useful to have two bowls loh :lol:

actually i find that gahment is already earning big bucks from building hdb flats liao

they include the cost of the land when calculating how much to sell the flats to us

and seriously, no developer would want to buy a piece of land right smack in the heartlands right?

paiseh paiseh

very useful to have two bowls loh :P

we are not ruled by emperor lee for nothing ok! haha.. ok s-t-o-p the political nonsense.

ya, i feel two bowls is really more practical. my old sink is single so i told myself, if i ever move, i wan a double bowl sink in e future. but STILL single. :lol: but since predaking like me hardly cook so ok la. single will do fine! mei is most impt. haha. :rofl:

paiseh paiseh

very useful to have two bowls loh :yamseng:

Spamming are welcome. Thats what T-blogs are for, isnt it?

If possible, I will like to take the double bowl too.

However, my wall is only ard 1.35m and i need to squeeze in a wm and a sink.

Wm-54cm, with base ard 58cm.

Thus balance for sink is only left with 77cm so dunno if its enuff for the 74cm sink.

ID says might not have space for elbow during washing due to kitchen layout. (refer to floorplan)

Photos not much cos only false ceilings n aircon trunkings are up.

Living room

CIMG1541.jpg

MBR

CIMG1539.jpg

Guest room

(3ft high false wall to flush wardrobe to wall as stupid hole meant for wardrobe isnt deep enuff so the wardrobe will be "sticking" out of the wall.. Dunno if everyone understands)

CIMG1540.jpg

we are not ruled by emperor lee for nothing ok! haha.. ok s-t-o-p the political nonsense.

ya, i feel two bowls is really more practical. my old sink is single so i told myself, if i ever move, i wan a double bowl sink in e future. but STILL single. :thumbs up: but since predaking like me hardly cook so ok la. single will do fine! mei is most impt. haha. :notti:

Mei is impt but practical is equally impt as well.. hopefully that i can squeeze in the double bowl sink.

hmm, so the wall for sink and wm is 1.35 in total right?

if machine take 58cm, sink support (i assume is the concrete one) will be only 77cm wide

take away the edge of the support, that leaves you around 67cm for the sink bowl

think you need to take the exact dimensions of the sink i.e. cutout so that you can mak the decision

if can squeeze in the sink dun think elbow space is a problem bah

the sink is 60cm away from the wall liao, and the side on wm confirm no problem

so just stand away from the wall when you wash? :thumbs up:

better get the one your heart desires, esp so if your is a concrete support coz changing means hacking the whole thing...