Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

coz patrick's contractor dun have the grilles i want !!

now got to look for my own contractor to do the windows and grilles

quite like the windows in my rooms coz dun have the centre rod thing

so thought since they are coming down to change the glass pane might as well as them to do the windows as well

maybe will be cheaper as they have the stock liao mah

uniform look across board mah :rofl:

check around for price.

these contractors engaged by HDB are cut-throats(MOST). they assume you know nothing, assume you IQ zero, you dont know any contractors, and then they SHARPENED their knife sharp sharp.

this comes from my personal experience with electrical/window contractors by hdb.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dear dear, what am i going to do???

checked with one that quote me $15 psf and the other $5psf

didn't ask the $5psf one to come down yet coz really not sure if they are going to lion open big mouth when they come down to do measurements !!

still no news from the tile contractor on the status of the tiling works

last sat went down and the hacking is only halfway done

will pop by tomorrow and check if the hacking has been completed

my lappy is still not back yet :lol:

called on wed to check the repair status and they told me can't find anything wrong with the screen. had to explain to them that the colour will only change when the laptop heats up to above 40 degrees. then the technician insist that they on the laptop for two consecutive days also no problem.

guess what - they called me yesterday to tell me that the colour finally changed (i suspect they didn't switch on the laptop, only did so after my call) and they will be ordering the parts :dunno::bow:

the parts will only arrive on mon or tue so that means another week without my lappy :notti:

i really really suspect someone is reading this

just received a call from the tile contractor

he said that the tile we choose is out of stock and the next shipment will only arrive on 7 or 8 May.

so it's either wait or choose another tile

sigh... why me??? :notti::dunno:

he said that the tile we choose is out of stock and the next shipment will only arrive on 7 or 8 May.

sigh... why me??? :lol::huh:

alamak, y like dat.

aniway, i also got a problem. tml the electrician is coming over to install the lights, so i scheduled the lights to deliver tis aftn. juz received a call from the lighting shop dat their delivery guy delivered someone else order to mi and vice versa. :P the delivery guy also gave the wrong invoice to my contractor's carpenter to check again the order. no wonder they nv realised they received the wrong order also. already told lighting shop die die tonite or tml early morning muz deliver my order to mi. :lol:

my tile contractor just called to inform me about the cost of laying homo tiles and level up the balcony.

got to top up $1.35 psf so my unit needs 1250sqf of tiles = $1688

cost of level up the balcony = $450

total will cost me $2138 just for the rectification

received the final quote from patrick with all the correct items

but he is not able to find the kind of grilles i want

so i got to find my own aluminium contractor

most prob will go for him since forummers have such high praise for him

and most of my things are carpentry works

450 to level up the balcony? abit expensive i feel.

dun worry about the out of stock tiles. wait lor. patience breeds good results. =D

sigh... why me??? :lol::)

aiya...me same here....my tiles 90% all out of alignment/warped.

contractor gave up and ask us to choose another tile(colour).

this is the big problem with china products(tiles)....quality is always an issue.

alamak, y like dat.

aniway, i also got a problem. tml the electrician is coming over to install the lights, so i scheduled the lights to deliver tis aftn. juz received a call from the lighting shop dat their delivery guy delivered someone else order to mi and vice versa. 8| the delivery guy also gave the wrong invoice to my contractor's carpenter to check again the order. no wonder they nv realised they received the wrong order also. already told lighting shop die die tonite or tml early morning muz deliver my order to mi. :curse:

oh dear, has the problem been solve

will check out your blog to see if the lights are up :)

aiya...me same here....my tiles 90% all out of alignment/warped.

contractor gave up and ask us to choose another tile(colour).

this is the big problem with china products(tiles)....quality is always an issue.

saw another tile from another shop that i really liked

but a bit worried about the quality

it's 800 x 800 homo tile going for $3.2 but the salesperson say can discount to $2.5 if i take more than 1,000sqf

dun know why she can discount a whopping $0.70 psf, could it be quality problem??? ;)

then another thing is the skill of the hdb contractor, can he lay the 800 x 800 tiles well??? :dunno:

argh, i am so lost :bangwall::bangwall:

will check out your blog to see if the lights are up :curse:

it's 800 x 800 homo tile going for $3.2 but the salesperson say can discount to $2.5 if i take more than 1,000sqf

dun know why she can discount a whopping $0.70 psf, could it be quality problem??? ;)

then another thing is the skill of the hdb contractor, can he lay the 800 x 800 tiles well??? :dunno:

could be sale.. discontinuation of tile

if thats the case.. be careful.. stocks could be limited.. and if suddely after tiling 90% of the place.. and discover.. not enuff tiles.. or some tiles damaged... where to find the same tiles.. ....

will check out your blog to see if the lights are up :curse:

Hi Applefreak..the bigger the tile, the higher the skill level required.. if done properly.. will look very nice but with bad workmenship, u will have problem with leveling... also must depend on the floor area,, if too small, may look out of place,,, my 2-cents worth...cheers

for my flat, the living and dining are BIG but the bedrooms' size are pathetic

that's why thinking of getting 80 x 80...

the contractor say might charge a little more if i choose 80 x 80 coz need two person to lay each tile

will call the contractor tomorrow coz today PH dun want to disturb him :bangwall:

anyone using 80 x 80? any warping problem?

could be sale.. discontinuation of tile

if thats the case.. be careful.. stocks could be limited.. and if suddely after tiling 90% of the place.. and discover.. not enuff tiles.. or some tiles damaged... where to find the same tiles.. ....

in this case, think i better order more than enough so that i have some spare

but when they send the tiles we can reject if the tiles are warped or not up to standard right?

must ask the contractor to check all the tiles before signing for them :bangwall:

will check out your blog to see if the lights are up :)

dun know why she can discount a whopping $0.70 psf, could it be quality problem??? :sport-smiley-004:

then another thing is the skill of the hdb contractor, can he lay the 800 x 800 tiles well??? !!

argh, i am so lost :bangwall::P

yes, problem solved. the lights were changed dat beri nite. lights are all up now, but another problem again. when i tried to on all the living+dining+study+balcony lights at the same time, the power will trip for these areas. it tripped last nite, tried again twice today and it trip again within 5mins. :P haf called ID who'll ask electrician to come down n check. also will get designer lightings (where i bought the lights) to check tis sat. den tink the electrician nv put up my kitchen lights cover properly, both dropped down either last nite or tis morning. heng, it's plastic. can't imagine if it was glass.

yes, problem solved. the lights were changed dat beri nite. lights are all up now, but another problem again. when i tried to on all the living+dining+study+balcony lights at the same time, the power will trip for these areas. it tripped last nite, tried again twice today and it trip again within 5mins. :jawdrop: haf called ID who'll ask electrician to come down n check. also will get designer lightings (where i bought the lights) to check tis sat. den tink the electrician nv put up my kitchen lights cover properly, both dropped down either last nite or tis morning. heng, it's plastic. can't imagine if it was glass.

oh dear, the problems just seem to come one after another

think could be the electrician didn't connect certain points properly or over-extend the points

must scold :dancingqueen:

if it's glass then make the electrician pay for it

even if plastic also will scratch mah

how can be so irresponsible :dancingqueen:

hopefully your problem will be solved in no time

me now more or less decided on the 800 x 800 but the tile contractor like busy leh

msg him also no response

sigh... think i'm really not fated to have 600 x 600 tiles

first one my mum choose out of stock

second one i thought want to take 800 x 800, but 600 x 600 cheaper so went down tuesday to see again

both were in stock so i though make the decision by wednesday shouldn't be a problem

yesterday after work went down to order the 600 x 600 (cheapo me) then the salesperson told me the tiles were taken by someone half an hour ago :notti::notti:

only have enough left to lay my living and dining :notti:

called the tile contractor just now, he is going to charge an additional $450 for laying the bigger tiles :notti:

so now $3k poorer coz of the 800 x 800 tiles