Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

sigh, patrick still have not gotten back to me with the quotation for the additions

hopefully it'll be within my budget

in the meantime, most prob will be going around to look for a few more ID/contractor to see if anyone else can offer a good price for my requirements

most probably using blue pearl for my kitchen countertop unless i see another colour that i like :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

bluberi,

just keep on monitoring and keep update with progress of the reno..

the money is considered spent just look forward.. :) things will turn out ok :bleah:

Applefreak, good luck hope u can find a suitable ID/contractor :P

wah you beri fast leh, me just went to her 'profile' to look for the link

bluberi, the photo you take very dark leh

cannot see the beauty of the switches :bleah:

you didn't remove the balcony sliding glass door ah?

me thinking of getting the contractors to remove it when they relay the tiles but that would mean i have to confirm my window contractors asap coz no window the rain will all come into the living liao

how how how :)

sigh, my TO still have not gotten back to me regarding the contractor

it's been more than a week since we last met and i still have not seen any tiles yet :dancingqueen:

most likely will go down tomorrow to take another look to see if the external painting work done liao or not. if yes, then will call TO to get the aluminium contractors to come down and install the glass panels

bluberi, the water from the rain in the balcony very bad or not ah?

coz thinking of asking the tile contractor remove my balcony sliding doors but i have not settled on a ID/contractor yet. if rain then no door to block would that mean the whole living will be flooded?

so scary, i suspect my TO is reading my blog

just posted at 1212hrs, then when i come back from lunch i see a missed call at 1254hrs. later the same number called and it's the tiling contractor who called to inform me that he is at my unit and had left the sample ceramic tiles at my unit. !!

he also informed me that he will be starting the hacking next mon or tue

so maybe i'll go down on tue to ask him about the balcony sliding door, hehehe

applefreak, i tried to take the pic of the switches with flash, but the effect was worst. too white until see nothing leh..

tot of removing the balcony door initally but dat will also mean extra coz incurring as we need to level up the balcony area to the living room. need to buy more tiles and pay labour charge also. tink now nt many EAs have balcony liao rite? wanted to pebble wash it but forgo the idea coz need the $$ to pay for extra kitchen cabinets.

tink if u r on a high floor, the rain might not be much of a prob ba. mi on 3rd floor, so heavy rain sure kenna 1/2 of balcony area. if no rain, will be having leaves blown in lor. so we installed windows.

guess the issue for me now is when to install the windows coz the hacking of floor tiles will begin next week. to relay means they will remove the balcony sliding doors right? then i'll just ask them to not replace it loh. if they will just lay the tiles around the sliding tracks then i guess i just keep the sliding doors.

didn't want the doors coz will have windows. that means wind will go through front gate, divider, sliding door then window = less wind. also, my living room is quite dark coz blocked by the flats opposite. with windows it'll be even darker so sliding door remove = more light :sport-smiley-004:

but my worry is if i remove the sliding doors now, then it rains = living flooded?

coz you know our flats the scv point very near the balcony so if kenna rain sure spoil one

yesterday went down to Hafary to take a look at the homo tiles but they are closed :sport-smiley-004:

so we went next door, the shop right at the other corner

wow, the variety of tiles really make me giddy :sport-smiley-018:

can't imagine how on earth am i going to decide which one to use

you think the HDB contractor will charge extra if i want different tiles for the rooms and the living area?

guess the issue for me now is when to install the windows coz the hacking of floor tiles will begin next week. to relay means they will remove the balcony sliding doors right? then i'll just ask them to not replace it loh. if they will just lay the tiles around the sliding tracks then i guess i just keep the sliding doors.

didn't want the doors coz will have windows. that means wind will go through front gate, divider, sliding door then window = less wind. also, my living room is quite dark coz blocked by the flats opposite. with windows it'll be even darker so sliding door remove = more light :)

but my worry is if i remove the sliding doors now, then it rains = living flooded?

coz you know our flats the scv point very near the balcony so if kenna rain sure spoil one

yesterday went down to Hafary to take a look at the homo tiles but they are closed :(

so we went next door, the shop right at the other corner

wow, the variety of tiles really make me giddy :thumbs up:

can't imagine how on earth am i going to decide which one to use

you think the HDB contractor will charge extra if i want different tiles for the rooms and the living area?

if u remove the balcony sliding door and track, u haf to live with having the balcony ceiling beam between the balcony and living room as it cannot be hacked away. u'll box up the balcony pipe? if u haf no windows and oni grilles, confirm the living room (after merging balcony+living) will be wet. tink if u stay on a higher floor, the impact not so big ba :)

not sure how the HDB contractor will charge u, but if it cost more than wat the branch office supposed to paid for replacing to normal ceramic white tiles, u juz gotta top up lor. try asking for a discount :idea:

my MBR wardrobe will be covering the SCV point and socket point at the wall. did not take up ID's suggestion of having LCD TV hidden in my wardrobe. now the electrician has done his job, i feel like asking him com over and shift the SCV point and socket point out to somewhere near the window. but tis will mean having a casing from the original spot to the new spot. dunno how ID built the wardrobe over the casing leh :help:

oh dear, does shifting the scv point affect your wardrobe?

if the scv point is 'hiding' behind the wardrobe, would they have to remove the wardrobe to get to the point??? if so that's a real big headache

now that you mention it, the beam is rather unsightly if i remove the sliding door

but my mum wants to level the balcony area coz she is worried she might trip and fall. so most prob will do windows for the balcony and level up after removing the sliding door

went down and checked out the tiles

my mum didn't like the ceramic tiles provide

only three choices - white, white faux-marble and a very light beige faux-marble

so we went down to hafary and managed to find one that my mum likes :dancingqueen:

it's textured, light brown and has some slightly darker patches

cost $2.8 so most prob we got to top up around $1.4 psf which works out to around $1.7k including wastage and skirting

think will go down to the flat when the contractor starts hacking works to discuss about levelling the balcony and removing one side of the study wall

before going to hafary, we went to singapore handicraft centre

i actually went there yesterday and saw some bookcases which my dad might like

true enough, he saw one that he likes quite a lot and we all felt is nice

so in the end we bought two bookcases, one low cabinet and a mahjong table

came up to a whopping $4.7k !! coz it's all made of rosewood

now must really really tighten my belts and work out my budget really carefully

didn't expect to spend so much on the bookcases but felt it's money well-spent !!

oh dear, does shifting the scv point affect your wardrobe?

if the scv point is 'hiding' behind the wardrobe, would they have to remove the wardrobe to get to the point??? if so that's a real big headache

now that you mention it, the beam is rather unsightly if i remove the sliding door

but my mum wants to level the balcony area coz she is worried she might trip and fall. so most prob will do windows for the balcony and level up after removing the sliding door

went down and checked out the tiles

my mum didn't like the ceramic tiles provide

only three choices - white, white faux-marble and a very light beige faux-marble

so we went down to hafary and managed to find one that my mum likes :dancingqueen:

it's textured, light brown and has some slightly darker patches

cost $2.8 so most prob we got to top up around $1.4 psf which works out to around $1.7k including wastage and skirting

think will go down to the flat when the contractor starts hacking works to discuss about levelling the balcony and removing one side of the study wall

before going to hafary, we went to singapore handicraft centre

i actually went there yesterday and saw some bookcases which my dad might like

true enough, he saw one that he likes quite a lot and we all felt is nice

so in the end we bought two bookcases, one low cabinet and a mahjong table

came up to a whopping $4.7k !! coz it's all made of rosewood

now must really really tighten my belts and work out my budget really carefully

didn't expect to spend so much on the bookcases but felt it's money well-spent !!

applefreak, my carpentry are not done yet, so we can still shift the scv point on socket point. fm the old position to the new position, there will be a casing lor. juz dat ID will need to get his carpenter to build the wardrobe over the casing. dunno how they gonna do dat, as long as look nice can liao.

if u remove the balcony door, u must level up the balcony area to ur living room. else like ur mum said, may cause ppl to trip if they nv notice.

since the contractor is hacking the floor, they should have no problem leveling the balcony area for u. dun worry.

rosewood is expensive but lasting... the $$ is well-spent! seem like ur place is going for a chinois them considering u gotten rosewood bookshelf and mahjong table. mi will juz get a normal mahjong table. !!

dun think it'll be a problem for them, just cut a hole for the points to be accessible bah.

if they dun know then must !! !! !!

for the balcony, even if dun remove the sliding door the floor will still need to be leveled up coz my mum say she worry she 'lun chun' will trip and fall :good:

but true lah, she quite prone to falling and it not a joking matter since she has osteoporosis :D

yes i consider it's money well-spent coz i believe such furniture will last a long long time

didn't plan to buy the mahjong table but my mum couldn't take her eyes off it the moment she stepped into the shop

quite worth it coz the top can be detached and legs folded to be stowed away

less than $1k and got 20% vouchers which we used to get the low cabinet

working out where to put my furniture and realised that when entering the main door

the living and kitchen area will kinda be like modern coz of the black leather sofa, wooden shelving (those 4x4 square kind) and galley kitchen

but think will put a bead curtain at the beam between the dining and living

once pass the beam it'll be like back to old day with my marble-top kopitiam dining set and the rosewood furnitures

come to think of it, kinda messy but guess it'll be the look of my home - the messy look

maybe it'll even catch on, kekeke :notti:

will be calling the tile contractor tomorrow or monday to arrange for a meet-up to discuss the price of hacking one of the study wall, levelling the balcony and topping-up for the homo tiles we want

wonder how much it'll set me back :dancingqueen:

Edited by applefreak

yah, i tink the carpenter should koe how to go abt building the wardrobe around the casing.

in dat case, u better level up ur balcony area. better to be safe than sorry.

hacking should be cheap but not labour.. i paid $250 for hack both the study wall, u oni wan to hack one side, should be cheaper ba..

most prob will be calling the tile contractor later to check with him the cost of hacking, levelling and changing to homo tiles

still waiting for patrick to get back to me the final cost of my reno needs

think he is super busy coz heard that they are doing reno for a hotel...

also still have abt 20 units reno on-going