Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

well one thing for sure.. cheap things easy to change for HDB but those more costly stuff is... :)

anyway just try lor...

hmm dont advise to use illegal means but if u can budget abit for the hacking of walls, i think it may make ur life happier... some things can dont have so now its better to do those items that are more a hassle.. hacking is one of them so just think about it lor.. if u can live with the wall there.. then can forgo first lor.. after that get used to it then its ok liao.. :P

beside looking for the final price, u need to know what is necessary to be done.. especially hacking works changing of tiles, those wet works try to do all at one shot beside saving cost in the long run and u dont really need to worry next time.

hope i did make sense !! hope pat will be able to suit ur budget.. if he cant, just squeeze him lor.. :P

hehehe, actually need illegal workers coz the wall that is blocking my kitchen is part of the household shelter so no hacking allowed

but me being the law-abiding citizen, it's a definite :) !!

anyway decided to top up for the tiles if they only offer white ceramic replacement, and definitely will remove the balcony sliding doors. should i keep it in the HHS so that next time want to sell the place can pass it to the new owner? !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
interesting info there... weird thing is.. i gave them 2 months (everytime two weeks later) also no reply only tai chi here and there until have to be fierce to them then they react.. seriously not sure which method is the best to work with them... ;)

good that ur TO give things that u are happy with :P

looks like i not the only one having problem with the TO, called him this morning guess wat he actualli can tell me normally take 21 days for the rectifications to be done. I told him i waited for 2 months liao, sigh... then he will start to tai chi here and there. Seriously i also duno have to fierce or nice to them. :D

met up with her today. i'd say she is a nice person

coz she agreed to hack and relay my floorings :D

but the reason is bcoz the tiles are faded until dun know like what liao

then the skirting also cmi

so my TO said she will contact the contractor to hack and relay

she will ask the contractor to leave the sample tiles at my unit so that i can go down and view it at my leisure

she's very nice hor :)

bought my sink today after lunch

didn't get my dream sink coz it's really TOO expensive :P

bought this instead

http://www.hoekee.com/images/blanco/metra9.jpg

can be undermount so the drainer is not a necessity

cost only $399, 1/8 of my dream sinks price :P

she beri good hor... if oni she nv changed mine earlier... i jealous leh. i dun mind topping up extra for the homogenous tiles lor. tink to change fm ceramic to homogenous tile, u need to pay oni $1k+.

nice sink u got there.

looks like i not the only one having problem with the TO, called him this morning guess wat he actualli can tell me normally take 21 days for the rectifications to be done. I told him i waited for 2 months liao, sigh... then he will start to tai chi here and there. Seriously i also duno have to fierce or nice to them. ;)

i was told rectification needs abt a mth. got my keys back 1 week b4 going into the 2nd mth.

looks like i not the only one having problem with the TO, called him this morning guess wat he actualli can tell me normally take 21 days for the rectifications to be done. I told him i waited for 2 months liao, sigh... then he will start to tai chi here and there. Seriously i also duno have to fierce or nice to them. :dancingqueen:

2 months is nothing compare to my DEC2006-till now April 2007 :jawdrop:

although sometimes i still nag here and there, but overall I am VERY HAPPY with my TO.

cant say why here. unless one fine day we all meet up for coffee. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi apple..this sink also very nice.. good choice..

thank you thank you

it's a compromise but still meets my requirements :sport-smiley-004:

got my keys on 5 Mar and submitted my defect list on 12 Mar

now is 5 Apr, one month liao and we just did the joint inspection yesterday. though the windows are cleaned up but the changes are not made yet (replacement of glass)

think the hacking and relaying will take at least a month

then will go on to the other defects

so most prob can only start reno in late may or jun

now thinking of expanding my bedroom (BR3) coz really very small

thinking should 'eat' into the study or dining.

any suggestions?

bought the sink bcoz got two bowls

still can wash things on one side when defrosting food on the other :)

the uncle at hoe kee also taught us something very practical

if sink has no drainer, just get a thick chopping board, then can wipe the water over the edge into the sink

just bought a bigger wok for my new home - 40cm

my current home one is 36cm which is a tad too small, yesterday when i fry rice, the rice flew all over the place :dunno:

the sink can take this one coz the bowl is 56.5cm wide

so so so happy !!

now patiently waiting for her to call me to go down and choose the tile colour

most prob will take bluberi's suggestion to top up for homo tiles

thanks bluberi you really gave me a lot of good suggestions 8|

Edited by applefreak

bought the sink bcoz got two bowls

still can wash things on one side when defrosting food on the other :)

the uncle at hoe kee also taught us something very practical

if sink has no drainer, just get a thick chopping board, then can wipe the water over the edge into the sink

just bought a bigger wok for my new home - 40cm

my current home one is 36cm which is a tad too small, yesterday when i fry rice, the rice flew all over the place :dunno:

the sink can take this one coz the bowl is 56.5cm wide

so so so happy !!

now patiently waiting for her to call me to go down and choose the tile colour

most prob will take bluberi's suggestion to top up for homo tiles

thanks bluberi you really gave me a lot of good suggestions 8|

applefreak, u r most welcome!

now have not even start rectification and bought so many things already

can't imagine how much i'm going to bust my budget by :sport-smiley-004:

before i started to sit down and really think about it, i thought $10k should be enough coz not doing flooring, no electrical works nor much carpentry

but now the figure for reno alone is approaching $12k and excludes all the things i have bought so far e.g. sofa, air-con, lights etc

sigh... think really got to be very frugal liao

now have not even start rectification and bought so many things already

can't imagine how much i'm going to bust my budget by :)

before i started to sit down and really think about it, i thought $10k should be enough coz not doing flooring, no electrical works nor much carpentry

but now the figure for reno alone is approaching $12k and excludes all the things i have bought so far e.g. sofa, air-con, lights etc

sigh... think really got to be very frugal liao

at first my HB n I budgeted 18k for reno, den it went up to 20k. when i signed with my ID, i told him die die cannot exceed 23k. the quote came back as 26k which we were quite alrite with. but we den begin adding n taking off some items (more of adding) from the quote, HB said budget oni 30k max liao and we still ended up with 39k for reno :P somemore nt including furniture. tink HB n mi den need to be beri frugal coz we still wedding expenses to pay. :(

Woiw, blueberi, your reno costs is $39k!! That's alot man! But if you are happy & comfortable with the results, then money well-spent!

storeberry, ya lor.. it's twice our initial reno budget. really hope the reno turns out well after smashing in so much $$ on reno. now oni day 7 of reno, still got est. 1 more mth before the reno completes. but i told my ID to do slowly coz i dun wan to end up with shoddy workmanship.

most important is the two of you must be happy with the end result

ultimately it represents the start to a brand new stage in your lives

better to smash now than spend more money if the end result is not what you wanted !!

Edited by applefreak