Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

applefreak, just an check with u is the nan wah's light worth to buy? I will be gog down to balestier to choose the tiles so i might down down to the outlet that nan wah have over there. Can u tell me how much u spend in total?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Applefreak, how good was the light sale huh?

Also check with you something: must we let HDB do the cement screeding or i cant let my contractor handle it? Thanks.

Hi Hobbes,Is this cement screeding for the purpose of preparing the area for laminate?Ok, both HDB and contractor can do the screeding. Difference is, if you apply for HDB to do it, it'll be done FOC but if contractor were to do it, it'll come with a cost. For my place, my ID prefers that HDB do it, so as to help cut cost. He applied to HDB on our behalf and will be doing the necessary liasing with HDB for the screeding.

o at yours have started to do something, mine not enough a single job done. so fed up with them, 2 weeks and another 2 weeks they say they will do it. DO you have the contact for the TO at SK office? Is this the only one person whom we can speak to? Also check with you something: must we let HDB do the cement screeding or i cant let my contractor handle it? Thanks.

hobbes11, u muz keep on calling the TO. i call until she already know who i am and which unit liao :dancingqueen: my TO is ms ng, her direct line 63890314. nt sure if ur TO is the same. which part of SK is ur unit. HDB do cement screeding is FOC for standard flat (premium flat dun haf leh :) ), if u ask ur contractor do need to pay $$

my TO is the same as bluberi one

monday morning will call her to ask when she going down to check

will take leave and check with her

went down today and took a good look at where bluberi found her cracked tile

me has that too!:) it's where the water pipe runs from the yard 8|

not working at tg pagar but around the area so went there for lunch

the lady at kittyland already know me so she will keep the kuromi stuff for me

just got back from nan wah, paid a total of $326.28 for 11 lights, all with plastic cover. sorry forgot to take photo coz in a rush

6 no. of 21w for 2 toilets, yard, passageway, outside common toilet and balcony

2 no. of 40w for kitchen and MBR

3 no. of 62w for living and study - it's with one 40w and one 22w bulb for each light

so if you take one white and one yellow, you can have white, yellow or white & yellow lights :bow:

although it's plastic cover, find that it's really worth the price coz the money saved can be better spent somewhere. most important to me is that the lights must be BRIGHT BRIGHT

most prob will top-up to change to homo tiles coz my mum dun want white tiles

and the ceramic ones are really slippery

Hi applefreak, I was at Nah Wah at Jln Besar! Wanted to get the dining lights as its really cheap but already put my order with Lights Arcade already, I bought A 7PC CHROME SANITARY SET, $42!! Will be dropping by another day to but toilet covers & mirrors!

guess i was very ngeow coz dun want to spend too much on lights

feel the money can be better spent elsewhere ;)

guess the bulk of my reno cost will be the kitchen - dream kitchen where i can whip up delicious meals for my loved one. as it is, taking orders from my parents when they have the urge to eat something specific ;)

didn't get any toilet acc from nan wah coz dun like chrome

also dun need anything except the mirror, towel bar and toilet roll holder

will be getting S/S ones for both toilets

just realised that my kitchen measurements was wrong - short by 1/2 m!

and the yard is bigger than i remembered

so will be putting the dryer in the yard afterall

side by side with the washer

then i can have a much longer work-top

changed my mind again about the sink coz saw some 'granite' sinks which are quite nice and affordable - plado at $280

the proprietor also solved my problem of getting a sink without drainer, he actually showed me how his sink behind the shop is built so that water from the worktop can flow directly into the inset sink... very nice man, same dialect with me somemore. most prob will go back to him for the sink - if i can decide finally to get granite that is

good news that brightened up my day!

my mum has kindly agreed to top up the difference between my budget and the actual cost. hurray! :thumbs up:

hobbes11, u muz keep on calling the TO. i call until she already know who i am and which unit liao ;) my TO is ms ng, her direct line 63890314. nt sure if ur TO is the same. which part of SK is ur unit. HDB do cement screeding is FOC for standard flat (premium flat dun haf leh :bangwall: ), if u ask ur contractor do need to pay $$

my unit is @302D, never mind i will write to the office and ask for the right person who is handling my house. thanks.

Hi Applefreak, how good was the light sale huh?

Hi Hobbes,Is this cement screeding for the purpose of preparing the area for laminate?Ok, both HDB and contractor can do the screeding. Difference is, if you apply for HDB to do it, it'll be done FOC but if contractor were to do it, it'll come with a cost. For my place, my ID prefers that HDB do it, so as to help cut cost. He applied to HDB on our behalf and will be doing the necessary liasing with HDB for the screeding.

but does this screeding have to be done during this rectification period or that i can ask them do only when i abt to start my reno? I will ask my contractor for more details. First i must get them rectify my house ASAP.

just received a call from my TO. she said that she has arranged the aluminium contractor to go down and rectify the aluminium works. requested her to inform me when she will go down to do the inspection so that i can go down with her.

whew, guess might still make it before seventh month

keeping my fingers crossed...

Hobbes11, 302D is the block where the showflat was?

Applefreak, i juz called the TO to ask why the whole of last week nothing was done. now left oni the sanitary ware and bolt holes to be done. TO suggested that my reno be completed b4 all these were done so that the new sanitary ware will be brand new and not used by my ID's workers. :bangwall: i dun accept tis type of reasons lor. told TO dat i'm going to start re-paying my reno loan tis mth (actually is next mth) but i'm paying for nothing coz reno can't start bcoz of the defects rectification nt completed. told her i wan everything done by tis week since it's all minor things oni, so TO said will rush her contractor to finish everything by tis week.

Hobbes11, 302D is the block where the showflat was?

Applefreak, i juz called the TO to ask why the whole of last week nothing was done. now left oni the sanitary ware and bolt holes to be done. TO suggested that my reno be completed b4 all these were done so that the new sanitary ware will be brand new and not used by my ID's workers. :sport-smiley-004: i dun accept tis type of reasons lor. told TO dat i'm going to start re-paying my reno loan tis mth (actually is next mth) but i'm paying for nothing coz reno can't start bcoz of the defects rectification nt completed. told her i wan everything done by tis week since it's all minor things oni, so TO said will rush her contractor to finish everything by tis week.

yap its the block where the showflat was. But me not taking the showflat; didnt really quite like the design. i called to the hdb today and told them abt my case. Also managed to get the direct no for my TO but dun seems to be able to get him. Will try again tomorrow; my contractor had asked me to submit my screeding too he mentioned that take another 3 weeks. In my heart think it will be 1 month. Sigh

really hope that Ng will finish your place for you by this week so that your reno can finally start. i got my keys a month later than you so means my place will only be done up a month later from now :sport-smiley-004:

me had wanted to take the showflat coz wanted to save on reno, all can pay by cpf mah

but alas, both were taken by the time i decide to apply for SK

had wanted to do so in the oct WIS but suay suay on the day it was announced my chicken pox came out :yamseng:

oh dear oh dear can someone knock my head hard hard?

was pondering over the granite sink and suddenly it occurred to me to get granite worktop as well...

then the thought start to float towards granite flooring as well, but guess budget can't make it...

any idea what is the price difference between 1sqf of ceramic, homogeneous and granite tiles?

just got back from nan wah, paid a total of $326.28 for 11 lights, all with plastic cover. sorry forgot to take photo coz in a rush

6 no. of 21w for 2 toilets, yard, passageway, outside common toilet and balcony

2 no. of 40w for kitchen and MBR

3 no. of 62w for living and study - it's with one 40w and one 22w bulb for each light

so if you take one white and one yellow, you can have white, yellow or white & yellow lights :notti:

although it's plastic cover, find that it's really worth the price coz the money saved can be better spent somewhere. most important to me is that the lights must be BRIGHT BRIGHT

Hi applefreak, can ask you what do you mean by plastic cover? Is it the light bulbs? the 21w is the bulbs right? is the bulbs cheap? because I need to get some for my storeroom & WIW. Thanks! !!

really hope that Ng will finish your place for you by this week so that your reno can finally start. i got my keys a month later than you so means my place will only be done up a month later from now !!

me had wanted to take the showflat coz wanted to save on reno, all can pay by cpf mah

but alas, both were taken by the time i decide to apply for SK

had wanted to do so in the oct WIS but suay suay on the day it was announced my chicken pox came out :notti:

oh dear oh dear can someone knock my head hard hard?

was pondering over the granite sink and suddenly it occurred to me to get granite worktop as well...

then the thought start to float towards granite flooring as well, but guess budget can't make it...

any idea what is the price difference between 1sqf of ceramic, homogeneous and granite tiles?

i really hope the contractor can finish everything by tis week...

mi initially also wanted showflats to save reno cost... but the chinois showflat very expensive.. $365k++ if i nv remember wrongly. tink the other showflat was abt $335k++, i also quite like tis showflat. but my hubby tink the workmanship nt good, so we gave up the idea. anyway, showflats are always the first to go.. our queue no. 185, confirm no hope one.

storeberry, i meant the light cover is plastic

initially wanted to get glass coz won't turn yellow over the years but the price difference really...

the uncle told us the bulb is less than $10 for the 21watt ones

maybe will drop by tomorrow to see if the aluminium contractors have started work

we were there on sunday but nothing yet so most prob she just said it to pacify me

but must give it to her coz i called on friday and she returned my call on monday morning :)

quite set on granite sink liao, given that it's not prone to scratches or chips

but the mounting would be quite a headache coz want one that has giant bowls so that it'll be easier to wash my wok. those with big bowls doesn't come with draining plate so must undermount the sink. dun know if the contractor can do for me or not

most prob getting granite top for my concrete support coz it's not much more expensive than corian top