Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

i also used the same excused but the TO still managed to get the plumber to clean it off. mine no stain liao leh. but anyway, i'm changing it both WCs. so watever taps dat has been changed, i've told my ID to remohttp://www.renotalk.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_rte_images/quote.gifve n keep for mi. can pass to my sis to use when taps are spoilt. no need to waste $$ buy new ones to change :notti:

oh, u wan to remove the balcony door to extend ur living room?

dun think it's so easy to clean off the stains on my WCs

didn't post the pix coz it's really disgusting 8|

if they are replacing the tiles then i will remove the balcony doors loh, coz will be doing a divider to prevent pple from seeing straight through my living room. then also doing grilles and windows at the balcony so thinking not much wind left if the wind come through the front door, block by so many things...

meeting Ng on wed late morning to do joint-inspection of my flat

see if she can accept my grouses and agree to my demands :deal:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
dun think it's so easy to clean off the stains on my WCs

didn't post the pix coz it's really disgusting zz

if they are replacing the tiles then i will remove the balcony doors loh, coz will be doing a divider to prevent pple from seeing straight through my living room. then also doing grilles and windows at the balcony so thinking not much wind left if the wind come through the front door, block by so many things...

meeting Ng on wed late morning to do joint-inspection of my flat

see if she can accept my grouses and agree to my demands :lol:

my WCs were so badly stained that i tot the stains couldn't be removed, but somehow they managed to zz hopefully u can complaint until Ng agrees to change urs ba. :(

yah, but i dun mind them not changing if they really can remove the stains. as long as they are clean can liao. i'm more concerned with the floor tiles coz whether i have balcony doors or not hinges on it :(

is she a difficult person? me not very good at negotiating leh

wait she say everything not defect refuse to change how?

yah, but i dun mind them not changing if they really can remove the stains. as long as they are clean can liao. i'm more concerned with the floor tiles coz whether i have balcony doors or not hinges on it :notti:

is she a difficult person? me not very good at negotiating leh

wait she say everything not defect refuse to change how?

Ng seems to be quite an OK person ba... nv met her b4, though i always liase with her over the phone until she koes who i am b4 i can identify myself. :P

she is a very 'funny' person

always call and ask for mrs xxx

so i always reply 'miss' then she'll ask for mrs xxx again

then i reply 'miss' then she'll just go on and say whatever she called to say

three times already still like this...

you didn't meet her at all? so no joint-inspection done?

dun know whether she'll think i'm difficult coz i asked for the joint-inspection. must start to come up with reasons to make her agree with changing the flr tiles :)

help me think of something please :P

dun know whether she'll think i'm difficult coz i asked for the joint-inspection. must start to come up with reasons to make her agree with changing the flr tiles :P

help me think of something please :)

hollow tiles? water leakage?

finally come to this blog and spam.... :)

well one thing for sure.. cheap things easy to change for HDB but those more costly stuff is... :rolleyes:

anyway just try lor...

hmm dont advise to use illegal means but if u can budget abit for the hacking of walls, i think it may make ur life happier... some things can dont have so now its better to do those items that are more a hassle.. hacking is one of them so just think about it lor.. if u can live with the wall there.. then can forgo first lor.. after that get used to it then its ok liao.. :lol:

beside looking for the final price, u need to know what is necessary to be done.. especially hacking works changing of tiles, those wet works try to do all at one shot beside saving cost in the long run and u dont really need to worry next time.

hope i did make sense :) hope pat will be able to suit ur budget.. if he cant, just squeeze him lor.. :notti:

dun know whether she'll think i'm difficult coz i asked for the joint-inspection. must start to come up with reasons to make her agree with changing the flr tiles :rolleyes:

help me think of something please :lol:

oh, she called mi by mi name leh, not Mrs Kow (sound like Cow) :)

nope, no joint inspection with her at all. i tink changing tiles is not prob la.. u dun tell her i tell u ar.. i ask her to change my kitchen tiles but she said cannot. but she offered to get her contractor to hack it FOC, so i juz paid my ID to supply n lay new tiles. save few hundreds liao :notti: actually want to get her to hack study wall FOC also, but i tink abit too much liao n she wun agree also

weird loh, and how many time must i tell her to call me miss, not mrs

maybe she dun know how to pronounce your hubby's surname :rolleyes:

:notti: okay okay will try that on her tomorrow

but want to make her relay the tiles coz dun want to spend extra money

my reno budget already bust until dun know go where liao

likely will spend double of what i have budgeted :lol:

quite common... dont worry too much.. try what bluberi says lors.. maybe can help abit :) hee hee maybe i should try to ask for hacking FOC... wasted !!

erh we inital budget only 20k went up to 35k.. :notti: that is not including furnitures ... sigh :P but guess after everything we feel its worth it as results turn out well :deal:

hi all

good to hear that most of your rectfications have been looked into. My unit until now nothing has been done. I requested them to do screeding for my 3 rooms already, heaps of sand left in my living room. Went back last weekend, so happy to see that portion of the sand was gone thinking that they started to do the screeding for me. But to my horror nothing was done and a pile of sand was left intentionally behind my main door; duno where on earth they took that big portion of sand to. :P

Met up with my ID on last sat; was told that the balcony floor has to be hacked cos it was already screeded hence cant lay tiles on. So made a trip to the office on Mon to request or should say try my luck to see if they can do for me FOC or not. Guess what the officer who attended to me told me that balcony is for houseowners to do parquet flooring. :notti:

OMG, i tot to myself how can they decide which part of the hse would the hseowner wants to do what. I told her how can they do things a bit here and there; of cos i also told her abt the sand thing !! (might as well dun give anything). All she said was to inform my TO. That TO of mine also cant commit a date when can the rectifications be done. :)

Now duno how long i have to wait for them to finish my rectifications; intend to start my reno sometimes in May somemore.

one general reminder to all:

1) any concessions/free stuffs your TO does for you hor...try not to make it PUBLIC. It will be like doublecrossing them, cos you wont know who is reading your posts. Could be their PR or superiors.

2) for every house, the TO is allocated a budget of around $5k to do all the rectifications. It includes the dismantling of cabinets, illegal fixtures and repainting(lousy paint) the whole house before putting them up for sale(before you buy from hdb).

3) not every TO is nice but what I know is there is already 1 DEAD TO at only age 42(last month) . Just died suddenly due to pressures from agrressive houseowners who threaten this and that. live and let live.

4) try to give your TO lots of time and be nice, at the same time tell them straight in their face that you are being nice and chinchye so you expecting the same from him/her. there is no such thing as 1 way.

so far, the only thing bad about my TO is that he drags...elastic timing. But overall I am very HAPPY to have him as my estate's TO, cant reveal why I am so happy here.

one general reminder to all:

1) any concessions/free stuffs your TO does for you hor...try not to make it PUBLIC. It will be like doublecrossing them, cos you wont know who is reading your posts. Could be their PR or superiors.

2) for every house, the TO is allocated a budget of around $5k to do all the rectifications. It includes the dismantling of cabinets, illegal fixtures and repainting(lousy paint) the whole house before putting them up for sale(before you buy from hdb).

3) not every TO is nice but what I know is there is already 1 DEAD TO at only age 42(last month) . Just died suddenly due to pressures from agrressive houseowners who threaten this and that. live and let live.

4) try to give your TO lots of time and be nice, at the same time tell them straight in their face that you are being nice and chinchye so you expecting the same from him/her. there is no such thing as 1 way.

so far, the only thing bad about my TO is that he drags...elastic timing. But overall I am very HAPPY to have him as my estate's TO, cant reveal why I am so happy here.

interesting info there... weird thing is.. i gave them 2 months (everytime two weeks later) also no reply only tai chi here and there until have to be fierce to them then they react.. seriously not sure which method is the best to work with them... :)

good that ur TO give things that u are happy with :P

met up with her today. i'd say she is a nice person

coz she agreed to hack and relay my floorings :)

but the reason is bcoz the tiles are faded until dun know like what liao

then the skirting also cmi

so my TO said she will contact the contractor to hack and relay

she will ask the contractor to leave the sample tiles at my unit so that i can go down and view it at my leisure

she's very nice hor :)

bought my sink today after lunch

didn't get my dream sink coz it's really TOO expensive :P

bought this instead

http://www.hoekee.com/images/blanco/metra9.jpg

can be undermount so the drainer is not a necessity

cost only $399, 1/8 of my dream sinks price :P

Edited by applefreak