Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

wonder how much they will charge to change the tiles to matt homo ones...

it's not so much the colour but my parents are not really very young

so there's a risk of them falling down, which is something i intend to prevent with no efforts spared

installing grip bars in the MBR toilet, no top cabinet in the kitchen, minimum furniture - these are the things that i will do. any other things i can do to make my home safer? please let me know so that i can include them in my quote :notti:

there is a fellow forumer Compassvale who bought a unit in ur blk. tink she topped up $1+ per sq feet for homo tiles in shiny surface.

i was supposed to call the tiles contractor to buy tiles, up till today i still nv call.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5012

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

called my hdb techinical oic today but she's on course :sport-smiley-004:

no idea if she even went down to take a look or not

will try to call her again on monday to ask when she's going down

most prob will take half day and go down with her

i think the forummer actually live directly upstairs from me

but her study's wall is missing...

or she had it hacked away before HDB did the rectification???

so your floors hacked and relaid liao?

did you top up or accept the white tiles?

if i top up means got to fork out another 1k for the tiles

ummm...

now in many minds about how i want my kitchen to look

will post some simple draft that i have came up for the kitchen when i get home :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by applefreak

oh, the TO on course? no wonder today i called many times no answer... wan to ask her wan can complete rectification so i can get back my keys in order to start reno asap.

yes, the forumer stays above u. tink she paid the contractor to hack the study room wall for her. i'm asking my ID to hack my study room wall also.. gonna put up glass instead and i want to study entrance to be at the left side instead of center.

my whole unit tiles (except kitchen, service yard and 2 toilets) has been changed FOC b4 i collected my keys. in fact, it was changed when the Nov WIS started.. but i ask the TO to help get their contractor hack my kitchen and service yard FOC since she can't change those tiles, i'll pay my ID to supply and lay new tiles, cost mi $1600...

Edited by bluberi

ummm makes me wonder...

my neighbour told us that a few months ago got contractors do work in the unit leh

but apparently the tiles are not changed. wonder what they did inside...

only things i am sure is that the wall are quite newly painted, the kitchen tiles looks new too.

bluberi, check with you ah, the kitchen tiles are the same ones ah?

how about the toilets?

sure they didn't change the floor tiles, the windows or the balcony doors

what exactly did they do in the unit???

dun tell me upstairs leak water so they had to do works in my unit :yamseng:

ummm makes me wonder...

my neighbour told us that a few months ago got contractors do work in the unit leh

but apparently the tiles are not changed. wonder what they did inside...

only things i am sure is that the wall are quite newly painted, the kitchen tiles looks new too.

bluberi, check with you ah, the kitchen tiles are the same ones ah?

how about the toilets?

sure they didn't change the floor tiles, the windows or the balcony doors

what exactly did they do in the unit???

dun tell me upstairs leak water so they had to do works in my unit :P

i also dunno wat they did inside the unit, u need to ask the TO leh. dats wat i did b4 i collected my keys, the TO said they replaced floor tiles for mi (dun include kitchen, service yard and 2 toilets). my unit also repainted. but the contractor funny lor, nv remove the barricades dat was used during WIS'05 in my HHS, even got an old shirt n some tiles. i actually wanted to keep the tiles, but by the time i wan to go n take, they already removed everything fm the HHS. :yamseng:

ur kitchen, service yard and two toilet tiles are the same as mine. how come u said the kitchen tiles looked new leh. see from ur picture, half of the kitchen floor tiles grouting is whitish (dunno izit coz of the sunlight) and the other half looked dirty. maybe they changed oni part of the kitchen floor tiles. does the wall tiles has any cracks?

i've got a wall tile with a big crack under the service yard lourved window, and the HDB contractor oni used white cement to seal the crack, not replace it ;) is one tile so expensive until they can't replace?? i spent a bomb oni my unit leh. still got two cracked wall tiles outside the common toilet but i haven check if they also used the same method. for cracked wall tiles in the common toilet, they did replaced it with new ones. muz be they dun have the kitchen wall tiles liao but dun wan to hack and change for mi FOC, so ask contractor to seal cracks with white cement.

my wall tiles are okay, all looks quite new to me leh

maybe bcoz of the shine bah

think they went in to check see what needs to be done

but the grouting between the wall tiles are dusted with white powder

floor tiles cannot make it one, uneven and stained badly

bought somethings i like for my room. hehehe

16-03-07_1115.jpg

16-03-07_1118.jpg

some more kitchen layout, please give me your comments

entrance from main door on left, exit to yard on right and lower right is to toilet and passageway

Picture1-2.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Edited by applefreak

my wall tiles are okay, all looks quite new to me leh

maybe bcoz of the shine bah

think they went in to check see what needs to be done

but the grouting between the wall tiles are dusted with white powder

floor tiles cannot make it one, uneven and stained badly

bought somethings i like for my room. hehehe

16-03-07_1115.jpg

Mymelody bought the same clock for our future study room too... :yamseng:

Dunno why you gals like this so much ! haha... ;)

Edited by ah_kiat

Hey Applefreak...passing by

Okie let me start my vote for the kitchen layout. I wld prefer layout 2 and 3. But....

Layout 2: Like the L-shape of stove but the dryer next to the stove does seem a little odd

Layout 3: This is nice. This is the island something kinda concept right? Only consideration wld be the 60cm distance.

So seems like I'm just as undecided! !!

dats a cute clock u got there... but tink my hubby will ban the cute things fm our MBR. but i got a nice princess heart-shape mat fm my sis leh, i die die will put it outside my MBR toilet !!

i prefer the first and second layout. but like wat ivory said, how come got dryer beside the stove? i tot dryer should be in the service yard. or dat is a dishwasher?

my kitchen layout is almost the same as the first layout. but my stove is not so near the tall cabinet.

happened to read into your reno blog; just some info for you. Me too bought an EA @SK and have submitted my defects list one month ago b4 CNY and as of today nothing has been rectified yet at all. sigh.......very bad of them cos already taken 3 mths conservancy charges and not doing anything.

How much n where did u buy this clock? My wife loves melody. Perhaps I shall buy for our new home to give her a sweet surprise..

I bought mine from Isetan Sanrio. I saw the clock at Taka Sanrio too...maybe you want to drop by and take a look...hope it helps...not sure where applefreak bought it from though...:)

ah kiat - guess it's a girl thing, just like boys with toys bah :dancingqueen:

the clock and the tissue holder will be in my room

my room will be the kuromi room :)

oh dear, that's bad. that'll mean i have to hound the poor girl day and night to make sure that all rectifications be done by apri !!

initially thought no place for the dryer at the yard

but went down again today and realised that the spot for my washing machine is quite big so will be putting the dryer there

the washer will be moved to the end, right under the future windows

went down to nan wah and almost got all my lights liao

got matching covers for the lights for MBR and MBR bath, one big one small with the same design

got another set of matching cover, three small one big for the kitchen area. big one for the kitchen, small one for toilet, yard and the walkway

these six lights cost me $125 and comes with energy saving bulbs

installation charges are $35 for first light and $8 for subsequent ones

free delivery for orders above $300

i'll see if i can find cheaper contractors to do the installation or not

tomorrow will be going down to buy the lights for the living room and study.

will most prob be getting those with two light bulbs, one yellow and one white. will take photos of them and post it up when i go down tomorrow.

btw the sale ends tomorrow

the spending has begun!

as for the clock, i bought it together with the tissue box at kittyland located at level 3 of Amara hotel arcade, tanjong pagar

Edited by applefreak

happened to read into your reno blog; just some info for you. Me too bought an EA @SK and have submitted my defects list one month ago b4 CNY and as of today nothing has been rectified yet at all. sigh.......very bad of them cos already taken 3 mths conservancy charges and not doing anything.

hobbes11, mi also submitted my defects list b4 CNY... till now oni the major defects has been rectified but i consider oni abt 50% done. fm my last visit on mon till yesterday morning, there wasn't anything else done liao. need to call SK branh office to nag the TO again.

ah kiat - guess it's a girl thing, just like boys with toys bah !!

the clock and the tissue holder will be in my room

my room will be the kuromi room :)

oh dear, that's bad. that'll mean i have to hound the poor girl day and night to make sure that all rectifications be done by apri :deal:

initially thought no place for the dryer at the yard

but went down again today and realised that the spot for my washing machine is quite big so will be putting the dryer there

the washer will be moved to the end, right under the future windows

went down to nan wah and almost got all my lights liao

got matching covers for the lights for MBR and MBR bath, one big one small with the same design

got another set of matching cover, three small one big for the kitchen area. big one for the kitchen, small one for toilet, yard and the walkway

these six lights cost me $125 and comes with energy saving bulbs

installation charges are $35 for first light and $8 for subsequent ones

free delivery for orders above $300

i'll see if i can find cheaper contractors to do the installation or not

tomorrow will be going down to buy the lights for the living room and study.

will most prob be getting those with two light bulbs, one yellow and one white. will take photos of them and post it up when i go down tomorrow.

btw the sale ends tomorrow

the spending has begun!

as for the clock, i bought it together with the tissue box at kittyland located at level 3 of Amara hotel arcade, tanjong pagar

i hope my defects will be done by next week... coz oni left those minor minor defects to be done. if we dun keep on calling the TO, tink she'll slowly slowly get our defects done. we where got so much time to wait. my reno loan gonna start at end apr liao leh, i dun wan to start re-paying loan when the reno has nt started.

u working at tg pagar?

mi juz bought Xbox 360, can play games and compliment my pioneer HTS. :dancingqueen:

hobbes11, mi also submitted my defects list b4 CNY... till now oni the major defects has been rectified but i consider oni abt 50% done. fm my last visit on mon till yesterday morning, there wasn't anything else done liao. need to call SK branh office to nag the TO again.

i hope my defects will be done by next week... coz oni left those minor minor defects to be done. if we dun keep on calling the TO, tink she'll slowly slowly get our defects done. we where got so much time to wait. my reno loan gonna start at end apr liao leh, i dun wan to start re-paying loan when the reno has nt started.

u working at tg pagar?

mi juz bought Xbox 360, can play games and compliment my pioneer HTS. :)

o at yours have started to do something, mine not enough a single job done. so fed up with them, 2 weeks and another 2 weeks they say they will do it. DO you have the contact for the TO at SK office? Is this the only one person whom we can speak to? Also check with you something: must we let HDB do the cement screeding or i cant let my contractor handle it? Thanks.