Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pglee

Termite/Pest Control

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to apologize in advance if my question seems silly. 

I'll be moving into my new house in a couple of days - we bought a resale terrace house and did a full renovation (we kept the original flooring and the stairs). Before the renovation started, our ID informed us that there were termites in the bedrooms and they arranged for the pest control company to help us with the problem. We were later told that the problem was resolved and the renovation continued without a hitch. 

However, we heard from my husband's colleague today that we should have arranged for a second fumigation post-renovation to keep other pests like ants and roaches. I didn't think it was needed until I saw a couple of winged ants in what is going to be my kids' new bathroom today. 

Is post-renovation fumigation must for landed properties?

We've also heard horror stories of snakes in landed properties, and frankly, I'm a little worried as I've two young children. How likely are we to encounter snakes and are there steps to take to prevent that from happening?

Thank you so much in advance! 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone I don’t know if I have a termite problem. The insects are found on the walls in the room and I found some on my bedding in the wardrobe too. They are very small like 2mm and brown in colour  

The walls were previously lined with some material to keep the house cool. It’s not a new home. Is it related?

B0511BD0-76D9-4C11-9475-F1C9A1FD3B52.jpeg

Hi everyone I don’t know if I have a termite problem. The insects are found on the walls in the room and I found some on my bedding in the wardrobe too. They are very small like 2mm and brown in colour  

The walls were previously lined with some material to keep the house cool. It’s not a new home. Is it related?

Post-fumigate is a must.

Seal up holes, gaps, cracks around your house. These might be rat holes, will will attract snakes.

Also keep your trash in the bin at all times, not leaving it beside the trash bin even when it is full to not attract any rats.

Get plants that can repel snakes, too.

Keeping your home or shed cooler can reduce likelihood of snakes resting there.

Use Solar Reflective Paint or Thermal insulation paint like HeatAX to keep it cool.

Use the paint on your home can even help reducing consumption of electricity cause your aircon dont have to work so hard!

Pest control is the way to go. Termites are pretty nasty, and if you aren't going to take care of them, your life is going to be a mess. A friend of mine had encountered a similar problem, and he decided not to worry too much about it. Now, he doesn't know what to do anymore to get rid of them. I had some spider crickets in my house last year, and I've checked out the solutions on how to get rid of them at pestcontrolhacks. I dealt with the problem quickly, and I advise you do the same. There's no point in waiting for them to chew through your house.