Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivanotas

Bamboo Roller Outdoor Blinds

Hi all,

anyone can point me the direction to get good tough bamboo outdoor blind. Ikea seems to have but.. kinda of lousy quality. went to spotlight but not the type i wan lei.. got lobang???

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

anyone can point me the direction to get good tough bamboo outdoor blind. Ikea seems to have but.. kinda of lousy quality. went to spotlight but not the type i wan lei.. got lobang???

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just found a bamboo shop today at Jalan Besar...

George Bamboo Chick Centre

N0. 120 Jalan Besar

Very near to the open Flea Market area...

try ur luck there but I am not sure about their quality.

Am looking for bamboo blinds too but not very keen on Ikea.

Recently a friend of mine bought and installed a bamboo roller blind from Ikea at his balcony, but after a few days of rain and humid weather....the entire blind was covered with splotches of fungus or mould or mildew(not sure which is which). In the end, the threw it away. :)

So I am left wondering if this is due to the quality of the bamboo blinds or its simply a bad idea to put bamboo blinds outdoors? Anybody?

Am looking for bamboo blinds too but not very keen on Ikea.

Recently a friend of mine bought and installed a bamboo roller blind from Ikea at his balcony, but after a few days of rain and humid weather....the entire blind was covered with splotches of fungus or mould or mildew(not sure which is which). In the end, the threw it away. :thumbs up:

So I am left wondering if this is due to the quality of the bamboo blinds or its simply a bad idea to put bamboo blinds outdoors? Anybody?

Seems bamboo blinds come in indoor and outdoor type. I have seen some houses using these on patios. Perhaps you would like to check out this shop at Tiong Bahru. They have a website (can I name it?). I have nothing to do with them. (Received a flyer in my letterbox) p.m. if you want the name.

Seems bamboo blinds come in indoor and outdoor type. I have seen some houses using these on patios. Perhaps you would like to check out this shop at Tiong Bahru. They have a website (can I name it?). I have nothing to do with them. (Received a flyer in my letterbox) p.m. if you want the name.

Ooh...ok. Maybe my friend bought the wrong type.

Please PM me. Thanks. :)

We visited sin yick seng...the person has some attitude problems. They don't seem to have a fixed price. E.g. we enquired installation service, they quoted $150. Then when we saw what we wanted, they quoted us $300, inclusive of installation. When we say we install ourselves, they then said they will discount 10% off the $300...?? We were so surprised ! 10% of $300 is not equal to $150 leh ! feeling cheated, we left. :sport-smiley-004:

Anyone visited George's Bamboo Chick Center ??

btw, what's the diff between indoor and outdoor blind ? Is it just the layer of lacquer ? If yes, can i just buy from IKEA and spray a layer of lacquer on it ?

We intend to hang the blind on the balcony...

We visited sin yick seng...the person has some attitude problems. They don't seem to have a fixed price. E.g. we enquired installation service, they quoted $150. Then when we saw what we wanted, they quoted us $300, inclusive of installation. When we say we install ourselves, they then said they will discount 10% off the $300...?? We were so surprised ! 10% of $300 is not equal to $150 leh ! feeling cheated, we left. :)

Anyone visited George's Bamboo Chick Center ??

btw, what's the diff between indoor and outdoor blind ? Is it just the layer of lacquer ? If yes, can i just buy from IKEA and spray a layer of lacquer on it ?

We intend to hang the blind on the balcony...

Waah so ex. You found anywhere else?

Don't really know the difference but it's true outdoor blinds have a layer of laquer and I think the bamboo is also stronger. Ikea ones quite thin isn't it? Like made of different material. But then if on a budget, can try lacquering.

Waah so ex. You found anywhere else?

Don't really know the difference but it's true outdoor blinds have a layer of laquer and I think the bamboo is also stronger. Ikea ones quite thin isn't it? Like made of different material. But then if on a budget, can try lacquering.

In the end, we bought an outdoor blind from Spotlight. It's made of canvas, and meant for outdoor. Installation + blind is about $150.

Hi,

Can some advise me on roller blinds? I am thinking to install them in my flat but no sure about the price range and quality. I am looking for blackout or probably 70% light cut off kind of blind, are they available? Is there any blind that reduces heat? Most importantly what is a good price range to look for and where to get them in the east area. I am thinking of bedok central or city plaza, has anyone been there?

Hi Prismo, can i have the contact for the bamboo roller blinds too?

thks

:yamseng:

Hi Prismo, can i have the contact for the bamboo roller blinds too?

thks

:yamseng:

Hi I'll pm u the numbers. Check out their website www.sinyickseng.com

for products too. There's another supplier at Depot Road. Can't remember the name, -... seng too. Check Saturday papers, always advertise.

If u do get anything from them, could you update the rest of us about price? I should need to get mine soon.

cheers

Although I got my outdoor bamboo blinds 103" wide x 47" high (cost abt $580) together through a curtain shop in Joo Chiat Complex, you could try this shop which sells many types of bamboo blinds.

A2 Bamboo Chicks & Shades Decor Centre

Blk 2021 Bt Batok St 23 #02-234

Spoke to a lady (I think her name is Nancy or something, can't remember well now).

Edited by gendon